Injury Report: Marchand, Pastrnak, McAvoy Undergo Surgery

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Don't know about you guys but this news really puts a different spin on cassidy's criticisms about pasta at the end of the season, no? So uh, he wasn't fit enough for your liking while playing on one leg?

Reactions: BrainOfJ

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
In 18-19

the bruins went

13-3-0 without pasta

they can survive a long stretch without him

Marchand won’t miss much time at all

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I get that he probably doesn't want to miss half to three quarters of a season but I say now is the time- for all anyone knows there might not even be a 2021-22 season never mind a shortened one. Get it done now before the injury worsens to the point where it shortens or even ends his career.
It's getting very Chris Sale at this point, pushing through an injury for years, struggling to be healthy/strong at the end, when the surgery is ultimately needed anyways.

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Don't know about you guys but this news really puts a different spin on cassidy's criticisms about pasta at the end of the season, no? So uh, he wasn't fit enough for your liking while playing on one leg?

Didn't he get hurt in the Tampa series? was the criticism before or after that?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I get that he probably doesn't want to miss half to three quarters of a season but I say now is the time- for all anyone knows there might not even be a 2021-22 season never mind a shortened one. Get it done now before the injury worsens to the point where it shortens or even ends his career.

Thats where i'm at.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bergeron has had at least two surgeries and it hasn't corrected the problem. I suspect if the doctors thought it would help, he'd have another one, but maybe they've said that wouldn't solve the problem?

I still think a high volume of faceoffs and chronic groin problems are a bad combination. Then again, I'm not a doctor (but I do play one on HFBruins)

Reactions: mjhfb and BMC

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruins Issue Update On Offseason Surgeries

Brad Marchand underwent a sports hernia repair, performed by Dr. Brian Busconi and Dr. Demetrius Litwin at the UMass Memorial Medical Center, on September 14. The surgery was successful, rehabilitation has gone well, and he is on target to make a full recovery in approximately four months from the date of procedure.

David Pastrnak underwent a right hip arthroscopy and labral repair, performed by Dr. Bryan Kelly at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, on September 16. The surgery was successful, rehabilitation has gone well, and he is on target to make a full recovery in approximately five months from the date of procedure.

Charlie McAvoy underwent a right knee arthroscopy, performed by Dr. Peter Asnis at Massachusetts General Hospital, on September 8. The surgery was successful, and he has been cleared to resume normal offseason activities and will be fully available for the start of next season.

sooo lol

unless season start is projected to be after Feb

The lineup configuration (at the beginning of next season could be....)

Bjork Bergeron Stud
Debrusk Krejci Kase
Frederic Coyle Smith
Wagner Kuraly Senyshyn

Grz Carlo
Vaaka Miller
Lauzon Clifton
Zboril

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
sooo lol

unless season start is projected to be after Feb

The lineup configuration (at the beginning of next season could be....)

Bjork Bergeron Stud
Debrusk Krejci Kase
Frederic Coyle Smith
Wagner Kuraly Senyshyn

Grz Carlo
Vaaka Miller
Lauzon Clifton
Zboril
No seny. God no seny. 8-10 forwards down there I’d rather see

Reactions: Mantis

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Craig Smith is now a first line wing. God just please blow it up. These injuries are brutal

Do you understand how insane it would be to “blow it up” at this particular point in time, for so many reasons?

1. They are a player or two away from legit cup contention.

2. Nobody knows the full extent of Covid in regard to how other teams will operate and what kind of team they will ice.

3. See #2 but after the words “will operate” put in “in regard to which players will become available”.

4. Given the economic uncertainty right now, who is going to take on the $6+ million salaries of the players we’d move out to facilitate this mythical re-build? Would the Rangers take Bergeron for Lafreniere? How about Pasta for McDavid? Marchand for McKinnon?

5. What % of time do you think “re-builds” work as planned?

Regardless of what you want people to believe, even with these injuries, the team as constituted is good for 90 points easy.

Every team has needs. This one has fewer than most.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Am I making it up, or did Sweeney, Cassidy, or somebody else basically say they didn't expect any surgeries this offseason? I feel like I distinctly remember reading that somewhere.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Guy's off season training program consists of double quarter pounders and a large shake to wash it down. He's a physical specimen...:naughty:

Ritchie better wake up

He saw what happened to his brother (dropped and not resigned). He needs to come next season in the best shape ever. He needs to also improve his skating. Straight line and in tight

Reactions: Gordoff

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Do you understand how insane it would be to “blow it up” at this particular point in time, for so many reasons?

1. They are a player or two away from legit cup contention.

2. Nobody knows the full extent of Covid in regard to how other teams will operate and what kind of team they will ice.

3. See #2 but after the words “will operate” put in “in regard to which players will become available”.

4. Given the economic uncertainty right now, who is going to take on the $6+ million salaries of the players we’d move out to facilitate this mythical re-build? Would the Rangers take Bergeron for Lafreniere? How about Pasta for McDavid? Marchand for McKinnon?

5. What % of time do you think “re-builds” work as planned?

Regardless of what you want people to believe, even with these injuries, the team as constituted is good for 90 points easy.

Every team has needs. This one has fewer than most.

What player or two can they currently get that would put them in contention?

The season probably starts in January so you're looking at starting the season without some key pieces. You have Krecji in his final year, Rask in his, and a couple other pieces that you can move. Keep Pasta and Marchand obviously.

The East has improved and 90 points is not a given. This team has real problems on the blue line and the 2nd line. It seems like you're operating under the assumption that the Bruins are the best or 2nd best team in the east still. That's far from the truth.

This team is now firmly on the treadmill. Especially if Pasta and McAvoy can't get back for the start of the season.

Reactions: Gordoff and Estlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad