Marc Methot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
looking to trade him right now because of cap hit but iirc the fanbase and team was not happy with his play 2 years ago

maybe his play fluctuates or maybe im remembering it wrong but i could have sworn that was the case

Meh

Plenty of us were unhappy with Karlsson last year or with Alfie in the playoffs before the Cup run in 2007

Just because Boychuk had a down year after winning the Stanley Cup (after winning three series that went to game 7s) isn't something I'd concern myself over

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
They are cap compliant as soon as they put Savard on LTIR. The moving of Boychuck is to help in case of other injuries. Bob McKenzie said they want a 2nd, a roster player and a prospect. The trade I suggested addresses all three and saves them 2.1M

As it stands the Bruins are $3.6M over the cap and even when factoring in Savard on LTIR that leaves ~$400K.

So there appears to be no room for a $1.4M add for Boychuk, plus an additional $.3M for Methot and $1.25M for Gryba.

What am I missing??

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
As it stands the Bruins are $3.6M over the cap and even when factoring in Savard on LTIR that leaves ~$400K.

So there appears to be no room for a $1.4M add for Boychuk, plus an additional $.3M for Methot and $1.25M for Gryba.

What am I missing??

Where did I say that I would give them Methot too?

I penciled Methot in OUR line up.

Placing Savard on LTIR, shedding Boychuck and adding Gryba leaves them $2,509,667 under the cap.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

Placing Savard on LTIR, shedding Boychuck and adding Gryba leaves them $2,509,667 under the cap.

My mistake and apologies.

I didn't check your D pairings and thought you were swapping Methot for Boychuk.

I would suggest Ottawa might be better of just offering Chicago a prospect for Nick Leddy now and waiting on Methot.

The reason I suggest this is that if the Sens and Methot are less than $200K apart and he hasn't signed, $4.8M isn't going to get it done.

PS I wouldn't add Robinson to a deal for Boychuk.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
My mistake and apologies.

I didn't check your D pairings and thought you were swapping Methot for Boychuk.

I would suggest Ottawa might be better of just offering Chicago a prospect for Nick Leddy now and waiting on Methot.

The reason I suggest this is that if the Sens and Methot are less than $200K apart and he hasn't signed, $4.8M isn't going to get it done.

PS I wouldn't add Robinson to a deal for Boychuk.

We already have enough guys like Leddy. I would hold out for Oduya or move on to trying to poach from other teams.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
We already have enough guys like Leddy. I would hold out for Oduya or move on to trying to poach from other teams.

You might be right, but I doubt the Hawks let Oduya go

Chicago will likely just waive Leddy if no team if no team is willing to make an offer.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
My biggest worry about Methot right now is that he comes back rusty and ill-prepared to begin the season. We need him to be THE top defensive anchor on our blue line. The contract will sort it self out and I would say the pressure is now back in Methot's camp to move towards an agreement in the wake of the Ryan signing and Karlsson captaincy.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That's a bad thing? I'd play Wier over Cowen, Borow, Gryba and maybe evenly with Ceci. Unfortunately, Maclean prefers plod over play.

If Maclean actually preferred "plod over play" Wiercioch would play top-4 minutes every game.

Kid is slow as molasses in January. Nothing says "plod" like Wiercioch skating the puck out of the zone and through neutral ice.

Weir is likely behind 3, maybe even all of those guys at this point.

This.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If Maclean actually preferred "plod over play" Wiercioch would play top-4 minutes every game.

Kid is slow as molasses in January. Nothing says "plod" like Wiercioch skating the puck out of the zone and through neutral ice.

This.

That's why I don't understand the love for Wiercioch. The guy isn't bad with the puck, he can make plays in the offensive zone but he's terrible in his own end. That's why he isn't getting played.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally
Murray says methot's camp turned down the Sens latest offer. No new offer coming from Murray at this point.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Which team can take on 7M-8M salary right now?

1) Why $7-8mil?
Methot + Greening = $5.65mil

2) Who can take on $5.65, assuming we take back $0 in contracts (and assuming the team we're trading with can spend to the cap)?
- San Jose
- Florida
- Minnesota
- NY Islanders
- Columbus
- Winnipeg
- Nashville
- Anaheim
- Buffalo
- Arizona
- Calgary

3) Assuming we take back $3mil in salary (equivalent to Methot's cap hit)? Then including the above teams, you can add to that list:
- Detroit
- Edmonton
- Carolina
- Montreal
- New Jersey

That's over half the league right there.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
1) Why $7-8mil?
Methot + Greening = $5.65mil

2) Who can take on $5.65, assuming we take back $0 in contracts (and assuming the team we're trading with can spend to the cap)?
- San Jose
- Florida
- Minnesota
- NY Islanders
- Columbus
- Winnipeg
- Nashville
- Anaheim
- Buffalo
- Arizona
- Calgary

3) Assuming we take back $3mil in salary (equivalent to Methot's cap hit)? Then including the above teams, you can add to that list:
- Detroit
- Edmonton
- Carolina
- Montreal
- New Jersey

That's over half the league right there.

ok, my mistake.

5.65M this year and then 7M-8M next year. And if you look at the post I was answering, no salary was coming back. It was for a prospect.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Package him with greening for a prosect.

Glad you're not the GM.

Cant believe how many people wanna go into this season with the Karlsson/Ceci plus AHL d core. Its mind blowing. If no one can get the forwards the puck it doesn't matter how good they are.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
And if you look at the post I was answering, no salary was coming back. It was for a prospect.

Yep, I just figured since I was posting all those teams, I might as well add that little extra about salary coming back, just for the sake of completeness and it was going to bug me if I didn't.

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa

Awesome, sounds like a good landing spot for Greening! :naughty:

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Yep, I just figured since I was posting all those teams, I might as well add that little extra about salary coming back, just for the sake of completeness and it was going to bug me if I didn't.

I'm glad you did, my life is now complete, thanks Bonkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad