Marc Methot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It could be that Methot is still on the injury list because the Sens don't want to send Ceci to Bingo & they want to get Lazar into some NHL games before they send him back to junior. They have a 23 man roster right now with Methot the 24th player who is on the injury list & doesn't count towards the league maximum. I assume a few games into the season it will be announced that he is ready to come back & Lazar will be sent to junior. We'll see.

They would just send Stone down if this was the case. Methot is the second best D man on this team and it really isn't close if he is healthy he is playing.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Paul @Sens_Army_
LeBrun on TSN1200 on Methot: "I don't think (Ottawa) will be scared to trade him." #Sens

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Honestly, his back problems are scaring me and they are probably sending a warning sign to Ottawa as well.

Last edited:

SenatorArmy*

I think it'd be great to get Silfverbergenheim back, even though our more dire need is on defense

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Methot to Anaheim would make a lot of sense

Also really happy that Lebrun, one of the best insiders, thinks management isn't afraid to trade him

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
While I appreciate your logic and explanation, I don't believe Methot was in the plans to play with Karlsson this season.

IMO the Senators wanted Cowen with Karlsson, and Methot to be on the second pairing with Ceci.

Now that doesn't make your top 4 wrong, just the order you wrote it!!!

Also probably the reason they didn't acquiesce to Methot's contract demands.

I shudder at the thought of Cowen being paired with Karlsson. cowen is not a good enough skater or passer to handlebtop pairing responsibilities.

Methot with Karlsson or Ceci would be ok in my view.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Yeah, lets get Silf back because we are short of 20 point 3rd line young wingers. Oh wait.

We really need a D. If Methot is shipped out I hope we add a prospect to sweeten the pot and get a decent 3/4 guy back. Although I am ok with Phillips in a 5/6 role, he is slotting now on 3/4 which is a problem.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Wier and Cowen became better or just as good as him this year. If that happens, Methot will be redundant and an unnecessary expense

Would take a giant leap on Wier & Cowen's part for this to be the case.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Would take a giant leap on Wier & Cowen's part for this to be the case.

I agree. I keep hoping and watching, but progress is slow. I am not giving up hope on thoe two yet! However, i would feel much more confident if the team would acquire a top 2 offensive Dman via trade of some prospects, draft picks or roster players.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
To turn this around, are you saying we can pick up a 3/4 D for a 2nd and a 3rd? Value is value, and guys are not automatically worth less because they play on our team.

I never said he is gonna fetch that return because he plays for the sens, its his contract, he has 1 year left, and he has expectations to get overpaid next season. Boychuk is twice and half the player Methot is and he returned 2 seconds and a third...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad