Marc Methot

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Opposite, I think they don't want him to be here. But by the time they see how horrible the left side is they will have no choice.

Not so sure the left side will be horrible.

I will agree that on paper it doesn't look great.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not so sure the left side will be horrible.

I will agree that on paper it doesn't look great.

On paper it looks better to me than in games.

Right now Wiericioch is apparently the 7th d man. That means on the left side the sens currently have Cowen, Phillips and Boro.

If this is the left side this season they will be picking in the lottery.

Not one of those guys can get the puck out controlled. Pathetic left side.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Glad you're not the GM.

Cant believe how many people wanna go into this season with the Karlsson/Ceci plus AHL d core. Its mind blowing. If no one can get the forwards the puck it doesn't matter how good they are.

Glad you're not the owner. It seems like you try to prove your point by leaving Phillips out and acting like only veteran defensemen are worthy of playing? What a joke.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Right now Wiericioch is apparently the 7th d man. That means on the left side the sens currently have Cowen, Phillips and Boro.

They are not puck carriers but rather puck retrievers for Ceci and EK. Cowen will get better ( I didn't say he will be good).

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

its interesting though that we are playing boro over wier, really shows how much the organization has soured on him, or we really think highly of boro. Because a wier and gryba pairing makes a lot of sense on paper

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
its interesting though that we are playing boro over wier, really shows how much the organization has soured on him, or we really think highly of boro. Because a wier and gryba pairing makes a lot of sense on paper

Its pretty scary... and makes you wonder about his character... I like Boro I think he should be playing, however having Phillips and Cowen in the lineup in the top 4. These two players barely play on the bottom pairing on most teams in the league.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They are not puck carriers but rather puck retrievers for Ceci and EK. Cowen will get better ( I didn't say he will be good).

I wasn't referring to carrying, its the gernades they send up to the forwards that gets the team hemmed in or turns it over.

I watched Cowen 3 times ice it with no pressure on Saturday. You cant win turning it over with no pressure.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
you dont know what you have till you play your young talent

some of the worst deals has been trading youth for vets for short term gain

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Its pretty scary... and makes you wonder about his character... I like Boro I think he should be playing, however having Phillips and Cowen in the lineup in the top 4. These two players barely play on the bottom pairing on most teams in the league.

cowen could be a second pairing guy on quite a few teams in the league, phillips i agree with, i rather have boro play over him and move phillips down to the third pairing

im starting to wonder if methot is actually injured or if this is a negotiation tactic to see if our defence can work without him or not. high risk situation for both sides involved

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You just said we had an AHL dcore and intentionally left out Phillips to avoid the fact the worst dman on our team has played 1000+ nhl games.

Yes he had a good career but he is at the level of an AHL player/borderline NHLer at this point. So yes I was including him in that group.

I don't understand the owner comment.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I doubt Methot would be willing to miss out on camp and the early games in a contract year. This is his one shot at good money and term: he can't really afford a poor year

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
cowen could be a second pairing guy on quite a few teams in the league, phillips i agree with, i rather have boro play over him and move phillips down to the third pairing

im starting to wonder if methot is actually injured or if this is a negotiation tactic to see if our defence can work without him or not. high risk situation for both sides involved

I disagree about Cowen but a lot of posters seem to think otherwise so I digress we just disagree about the player. Even though assuming he can play on the second pair that's still a very weak left side.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I doubt Methot would be willing to miss out on camp and the early games in a contract year. This is his one shot at good money and term: he can't really afford a poor year

Can't blame the guy, he is setting up his standard of living for the rest of his life.

If the Sens look terrible in their own end the first several games before Methot comes back the team might be a tad more interested in giving him what he wants.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I disagree about Cowen but a lot of posters seem to think otherwise so I digress we just disagree about the player. Even though assuming he can play on the second pair that's still a very weak left side.

yeah it is a weak left side, all things considered even from my point of view we have a 2nd pairing and 2 3rd pairing guys on the left side and thats not going to cut it, i mean karlsson and ceci can only carry the pairings so much

we need methot back in the lineup or a better top pairing LS

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Can't blame the guy, he is setting up his standard of living for the rest of his life.

If the Sens look terrible in their own end the first several games before Methot comes back the team might be a tad more interested in giving him what he wants.

but its not a holdout.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

everything i have seen from both these guys in the last two years shows me that Boro is a much better defensemen then Weir .....Weir has good offense which Boro will never have but when it comes to positioning, speed, fighting, hitting and clearing the front of the net...Boro is superior

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
everything i have seen from both these guys in the last two years shows me that Boro is a much better defensemen then Weir .....Weir has good offense which Boro will never have but when it comes to positioning, speed, fighting, hitting and clearing the front of the net...Boro is superior

based off what i have read i do agree with you, thing is that we must have held Weir in high regard at some point to give a 2AAV contract for 3 years also you would think that even if we have soured on him we would give him some playing time to build up his trade value

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
based off what i have read i do agree with you, thing is that we must have held Weir in high regard at some point to give a 2AAV contract for 3 years also you would think that even if we have soured on him we would give him some playing time to build up his trade value

oh don't get me wrong i think weir will be a decent defensemen and i think he has upside but i think karlsson and ceci have pretty much moved past him and that Boro brings elements to the defense that we are missing ie toughness.

like Del Zotto had value i still believe Weir does just not sure if ottawa will trade him incase we have more injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad