Marc Bergevin: Offseason Summertime Love Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You know Kessel had a NTC, right? I'll try to find the tweet/article, but they said Kessel's list was basically 7 teams that the Pens couldn't/wouldn't trade him to, plus Arizona.
And last week the Pens were saying he wasn't going to be dealt at all...

That's the thing about trading, you have to make things happen. Shea Weber wasn't available until we knocked on their door. If you want a player, you go after them hard. That's how these things work.

Arizona has a new owner and wanted to make a splash. One week later they've got Kessel. Do you think Arizona is a place where Kessel's going to win anything? Was he on Kessel's original list or did somebody go and talk with him?

Please stop telling me we can't make trades... there's always an excuse.

That center we couldn't get all those years ago? Why didn't we just trade Galchenyuk then? We were misusing him anyway and it was clear Therrien hated him, so just maximize his value for the center we needed. Instead we did nothing and used Desharnais on our first while Chuck languished on the wing... just made no sense.

We have tons of young forwards that are ready to break into the lineup right now. We've got Drouin who we should be dealing and we've got cap space that teams are crying for. The Devils just got Subban for cap space. Don't tell me we can't be making trades like this right now.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I believe we will just sign a backup goalie for less than 2 mil and probably end up with Conolly at 3.5 mil. In the next months, they will sign Lek and Armia, trade Hudon for a pick. There won't be any other movement. MB is becoming so predictable. Weise and Peca will be send to Laval and Alzner will start as the 8th D.

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
QUOTE="jaffy27, post: 162708419, member: 62925"]Filled with holes??

Like the one LHD that we need? Lol

GM with no plan?

All we have is one of the richest pools of prospects in the league, we have capspace and moveable contracts.

But please, continue with the whole thing is a gong show idea......it’s quite interesting.

Next, I wanna hear how we were lucky to get Domi only because Galchenyuk was inherited 7yrs ago, I like that one......[/QUOTE]

Agreed with the bolded.

However, people are not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel since those prospects still need to be developed, there has been excess cap space carried forward for two seasons.

And about those moveable contracts, they are moveable however there are teams that have been making moves this summer who may have been suitors for those contracts and who have now filled their need with other assets. Since this is a trading market that is working with a shrunk cap, I'm wondering how much flexibility Bergevin will have by having waited to trade those moveable assets instead of acting pre-emptively as some teams have done.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
If only Bergevin had a plan

What was his plan when he traded for Weber. He stopped getting good players to go for a deep playoff push. Instead he went to get more 4th liners and 8defs.
He panicked with Price

Now Price wants to win right now and we are not even close to have a good playoff team.
If we miss the playoffs will Carey Price ask out?
Bergevin's masterplan is waiting tomorrow

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I know it takes 2 to dance, but there is so much chaos and fluidity with so many teams trying to get better right now, the Cap, RFAs etc, MB needs to get something done on a good LHD who can partner with Weber. This is a great opportunity. Flyers should be a big target with Ghost and Provorov being discussed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know it takes 2 to dance, but there is so much chaos and fluidity with so many teams trying to get better right now, the Cap, RFAs etc, MB needs to get something done on a good LHD who can partner with Weber. This is a great opportunity. Flyers should be a big target with Ghost and Provorov being discussed.

Gotta be able to make a deal with them. They've acquired several Ds in the past couple of weeks on top of drafting one with their first round pick. They are bursting at the seams.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I have zero expectations this year. I dont even care. Totally numb watching this gong show. Now I just watch to see the bruins lose. I have been disengaged with our team for months. We all know what could and should be done, but playstation and trades are hard means all he is hoping for is another domi and not another semin.

not sure if some realize thats what happened last year. We went full reclaimation project and lucked out twice. Even that will need a second good season to convince me. I think there is hope that some other minds are helping to steer the ship. Thats a good thing, keep mb as a face while the smart people do the heavy lifting.

We may only be a few pieces away, but given that its taken 8 off seasons to get almost back to where we were when mb took over...well whatever may come will come.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
If only Bergevin had a plan

What was his plan when he traded for Weber. He stopped getting good players to go for a deep playoff push. Instead he went to get more 4th liners and 8defs.
He panicked with Price

Now Price wants to win right now and we are not even close to have a good playoff team.
If we miss the playoffs will Carey Price ask out?
Bergevin's masterplan is waiting tomorrow
This is all on Price. He could have signed elsewhere and wouldn't tie up 10.5 mil in cap space for the next 7 yrs. I don't understand why he's saying these things to the media now? Didn't he see that the Habs management lacked vision 2 yrs ago? The Habs should have traded him instead of presenting him with that awful contract. Imagine the return, MB would have gotten. A proper rebuilt and hopefully with no Bozovin. This team won't win anything anytime soon.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This is all on Price. He could have signed elsewhere and wouldn't tie up 10.5 mil in cap space for the next 7 yrs. I don't understand why he's saying these things to the media now? Didn't he see that the Habs management lacked vision 2 yrs ago? The Habs should have traded him instead of presenting him with that awful contract. Imagine the return, MB would have gotten. A proper rebuilt and hopefully with no Bozovin. This team won't win anything anytime soon.
Did Price sign before he witnessed the way Bergevin threw Markov away like trash? Same with Radulov. I wonder how Price would have responded had he seen the way Markov was treated.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Did Price sign before he witnessed the way Bergevin threw Markov away like trash? Same with Radulov. I wonder how Price would have responded had he seen the way Markov was treated.
Actually yes. Price signed a day after free agency started and after the Drouin trade. He was aware of what was going on. The contract was signed on July 2nd 2017.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Actually yes. Price signed a day after free agency started and after the Drouin trade. He was aware of what was going on. The contract was signed on July 2nd 2017.
But they were still negotiating so he didnt know. The price deal on the second was likely being worked on right after/during that awesome alzner deal. Says a lot.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

He signed two days after and although it seems insignificant when I put it like that, it was enough time for Bergevin to do the damage he did that summer.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
He signed two days after and although it seems insignificant when I put it like that, it was enough time for Bergevin to do the damage he did that summer.
That's what I am saying. Price knew what to expect what he signed here, he shouldn't say things like that to the media. He's not getting any younger but he's not going to win anything here. It's all on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad