Marc Bergevin: At the End o'da Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
2drtst.jpg

Quite possibly the best meme ever. I think you could post this meme to reply to about anything. It's like the "forget about it" of Donny Brasco. Someone disagrees with you on a music band. Just post this. Someone disagrees with you on food. Just post this. Someone says something so stupid it's not even worth replying to. Just post this meme and be done with it.

The perfect meme.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Quite possibly the best meme ever. I think you could post this meme to reply to about anything. It's like the "forget about it" of Donny Brasco. Someone disagrees with you on a music band. Just post this. Someone disagrees with you on food. Just post this. Someone says something so stupid it's not even worth replying to. Just post this meme and be done with it.

The perfect meme.
Oublie ça

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Oh, it’s awesome. That guy’s been great to me the whole time I’ve been with the Leafs organization,” Dermott says. “He cares more on a personal side than I’ve seen before with a GM. He really cares about you as a person and your relationships and your life — all that before hockey.
“Hockey comes second to him. He cares about you as a person first, and that’s great to see. That’s a guy you can relate to more than anyone else, really—a guy that cares about you genuinely, not just what you bring to the team. Having him around will be great for the team. And just for myself, having him around, there’ll be a comfort level. I’m used to having him around. He’s an easy guy to talk to.”

It's going to be a long run, watching our bitter rivals led by someone players respect & who understands how to develop, nurture & attract talent... While we get to watch the hot mess that is MB screw up one relationship after another after another, making UFA's avoid us like the plague

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
So basically he offered her to hop on a half-empty chartered flight, right? This is definitely Mother Theresa-like.
Yeah I don't get it. I have had a guys at work offer me a ride home when I was missing my car. This in relative terms is about the same. He knows her as a journalist because of the closeness of the team to RDS and its a female crying. Honestly I am more surprised she(or other journalists) don't fly with the team in most cases anyway.

This isn't an oh look what a nice guy he is we could have a beer with this guy moment. Normal people do this all the time. The only time you need to make mention of such a thing is when the person in question being nice is normally is a jerk-that is when you make mention that they did something nice. Just like when nice people do something very mean and out of character you will most often talk about that behaviour over their normal niceness.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

So basically Marc helps promote her book and she releases a nice story about him? I scratch your back, you scratch mine. Honestly I would be more impressed if the great DG of this classy organization personally drove her to the hospital or something. Otherwise this is just as Doc McKenna said, it's the equivalent of giving a co-worker a ride home from work which also happens to be on your trajectory requiring minimal effort. This literally happens everyday.

For the record, I like Chantal and I am glad that her mother pulled through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shabs and Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yeah I don't get it. I have had a guys at work offer me a ride home when I was missing my car. This in relative terms is about the same. He knows her as a journalist because of the closeness of the team to RDS and its a female crying. Honestly I am more surprised she(or other journalists) don't fly with the team in most cases anyway.

This isn't an oh look what a nice guy he is we could have a beer with this guy moment. Normal people do this all the time. The only time you need to make mention of such a thing is when the person in question being nice is normally is a jerk-that is when you make mention that they did something nice. Just like when nice people do something very mean and out of character you will most often talk about that behaviour over their normal niceness.

Funny though how Gainey was demonized by the French sports media when he made the move to block journalists from being on the flights, and this subsequently put them on a vendetta against Gainey over the ensuing years, which probably led to them digging more around the team and players and probably led to the infamous "worst day in Habs history", and yet, to this day, this measure has been upholded by the Habs, through both Gillett and Molson, through all of Gainey, Gauthier and Bergevin.

Bergevin never removed this measure that his journalist buddies found oh so disgusting.

Why the double standard?

Does this give us a glimpse at the obvious backroom deals Molson has brokered with some in the media? Something along the lines of, "ok, the flights will still be closed to the media, but give us your (never ending) support and we'll give you a French coach and GM and acquire more French players"?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
"My strength is not numbers, salary cap stuff, but I will learn," Bergevin said last summer shortly after being promoted to assistant GM. "I always tried to realize what I could do and what I couldn't do."

Who is Marc Bergevin?

• Bergevin was a childhood friend and teammate of Mario Lemieux. This is how Bergevin remembers playing with Mario as kids "He had me on left wing and a garbage can on right wing. The garbage can had 60 goals and I only had 35."

• During the national anthem Bergevin would often lean to the guy next to him and say "I always have a terrible game when they play this damn song..."

Greatest Hockey Legends.com: Marc Bergevin: Meet Montreal's New Boss

Explains why MB signs garbage players for garbage contracts.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Oh Bergevin can have a life... just not the players though right? Like when @jaffy27 constantly craps on Subban every year when he goes on vacation... in the summer! Guess he's not allowed to have a life. :biglaugh:
What the f*** are you talking about?

Jaffy shared something that happened in his life and props to him...

Where are you trying to go with this?

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Oh Bergevin can have a life... just not the players though right? Like when @jaffy27 constantly craps on Subban every year when he goes on vacation... in the summer! Guess he's not allowed to have a life. :biglaugh:
When have I crapped on Subban for taking a vacation....would love to see this post where I say Subban should never take a vacation.

Why make shyt up??.....I guess it’s Bryson entertaining Bryson

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
So basically Marc helps promote her book and she releases a nice story about him? I scratch your back, you scratch mine. Honestly I would be more impressed if the great DG of this classy organization personally drove her to the hospital or something. Otherwise this is just as Doc McKenna said, it's the equivalent of giving a co-worker a ride home from work which also happens to be on your trajectory requiring minimal effort. This literally happens everyday.

I mean PK donated 10 Million to the Local Hospital but I guess attitude is everything. BTW I would bet any amount that they've slept together.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
When have I crapped on Subban for taking a vacation....would love to see this post where I say Subban should never take a vacation.

Aren't you the poster that said Subban couldn't exercise properly on vacation because the hotels that you stay in when you travel have crappy gym so no way Subban could be training that hard? Maybe im confusing it for another poster.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
One of my biggest issues with Bergevin is that he still hasn't really learned about numbers and apart from a cap guy, hasn't really brought anyone in that does know numbers (tax, data, etc.)

Why would a high school drop out need to hire people like that /s

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Would you have wished that her mother died if you didn't like Chantal? I don't think that the two should be related. Just saying. Not being a prick or anything, really.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Would you have wished that her mother died if you didn't like Chantal? I don't think that the two should be related. Just saying. Not being a prick or anything, really.

Not sure where you got that I wished someone had died from that statement? There's is nothing to infer from that statement. I am just glad that things worked out for her. That's it. Good things should happen to nice people.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

I’ve never seen you crapping on players for off-season curriculum. I have seen posters on this board **** all over Price for participating in rodeos and “drinking to much beer” at them however which is pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad