Marc Bergevin: At the End o'da Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
2fl68r.jpg

No worries Marc, someone you gave a ride to, will cover for you.

28104.jpg

So Chantale claims that Bergevin invoked an attitude problem with the team cause he was too embarrassed to admit that there is a lack of talent.

This lack of talent has no culprit, it fell from the sky. At the end o'da day.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

28104.jpg

So Chantale claims that Bergevin invoked an attitude problem with the team cause he was too embarrassed to admit that there is a lack of talent.

Yeah... Because implying that your team is full of locker room cancer is so much better (and somehow less embarrassing?!) than lack of talent. Well played Shyboy, well played...

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I'm trying to understand this story and the motives behind it. What person wouldn't offer another person back to see her mother on her death bed if they had the means to do so. I think this would be more of a story if he told her to go pound salt. I don't see how this even makes him a nice guy tbh, just about anyone would offer this if they were in a position to, even most assholes.

He didn't gain any points with me, he still ruined one of my favorite sources of entertainment.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
If Bergevin had said this about himself he'd deserve every shot people are taking at him. But he didn't. He simply did something nice. That's it. I don't get why or how it could be spun into so many negative and detoured in so many unrelated directions.
Continue the thought experiment: I am sure there are other nhl GMs out there who have done nice things but don’t get a podcast about it. Call me cynical but why this story why now?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
2fl68r.jpg

28104.jpg

Is anyone else seeing a 3D effect from the red font in the Chantal graphic?

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
I'm trying to understand this story and the motives behind it. What person wouldn't offer another person back to see her mother on her death bed if they had the means to do so. I think this would be more of a story if he told her to go pound salt. I don't see how this even makes him a nice guy tbh, just about anyone would offer this if they were in a position to, even most *******s.

He didn't gain any points with me, he still ruined one of my favorite sources of entertainment.
He took over Habs and became one of my favorite sources of entertainment himslef. He is bigger than da club!

hey

Mar 8, 2006
lol, at all these comments. It's ok to admit he did a good deed. I'm not one of MB fans...actually quite the opposite. someone going out of his way to help someone else deserves credit. I wish more people showed there human side. You can still hate the job he does as a GM and praise this action.

Reactions: Lshap and Fergy22

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
lol, at all these comments. It's ok to admit he did a good deed. I'm not one of MB fans...actually quite the opposite. someone going out of his way to help someone else deserves credit. I wish more people showed there human side. You can still hate the job he does as a GM and praise this action.
lol. how exactly did he go out of hsi way here? did he spent any time, money, etc? he is being praised by the propaganda machine for not being a connard. what's next, "Mol$on is an exeptional human being because he held a door for a little girl"?

Reactions: Shabs

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
pretty sad how he has to get propped up on a story like this to deflect how much of a ****ty GM he’s been. As if this will change our minds about him. What a joke this is.
I’m sure Chantale Machabée’s mother feels the same way.....why so sour man??

It’s okay if he helped someone out.......what’s troubling here is that it somehow bothers you.

By all means continue disliking the gm, the story was not meant to excuse all his mishaps as a GM.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
I’m sure Chantale Machabée’s mother feels the same way.....why so sour man??

It’s okay if he helped someone out.......what’s troubling here is that it somehow bothers you.

By all means continue disliking the gm, the story was not meant to excuse all his mishaps as a GM.
95% of people would’ve done the same thing. He’s not special. What bothers me is how this story was written to try to sway people’s opinion of MB. It just looks pathetic. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Habs PR mandated this story.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
95% of people would’ve done the same thing. He’s not special. What bothers me is how this story was written to try to sway people’s opinion of MB. It just looks pathetic. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Habs PR mandated this story.

It was a podcast interview with Chantal, it wasn't a written article. Habs PR had nothing to do with it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Hey, good for Bergevin. Great action. I'm sure he's a really cool dude when you get to know him.
But i won't get to know him and i don't care about how cool he is.

All i care about is the job he's paid to do.
This is the most rational criticism in this thread. Like the act, dislike the job expertise. No imaginary agendas or conspiracy theories.

Reactions: PhysicX

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

It's a slow Summer in Montreal with every team playing bad. Best way to get attention as a journalist is to say anything related to Habs.

Good PR is also a responsibility of GM. Hence why the organization requires ours to be bilingual.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is the most rational criticism in this thread. Like the act, dislike the job expertise. No imaginary agendas or conspiracy theories.

All good acts should be recognized. Not just the ones by a public figure. Good on him, but props also to all of those who perform selfless deeds without everyone knowing about it.

Reactions: Shabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest