Marc Bergevin: 5 stages of grief edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Honestly if there was a core piece that needed to be traded it's Pacioretty. After 11-12 we held onto him because he was the best left winger but could have got a great young centre for him. Our last chance to do that is pretty much this summer. Right now doesn't look like it'll happen, even with Lehkonen and Byron for depth and Galchenyuk/Drouin both able to play the spot as well. Move Pacioretty for a centre, avoid having to sign him to a dumb deal in two years, perfect world.

Instead we are heading down the path to sign him in two years to an eight year deal, until the team turns into the Vancouver Canucks. Exciting stuff. You gotta know when to hold em, know when to trade em..m

I was on the trade Max train after the playoffs. Not sure about his next contract I think its going to be an ugly one.

But MB did try and move max. Rumor was Simmonds and their 1st for Max. Would of been an interesting trade if it went through.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Also I think there is more to it then that. Why did Molson hold a co conference call for a guy who is going to the KHL? This wasn't a normal player leaving the team. Habs didn't host a call for Radu when he signed in Dallas. Even PK being traded no call. Maybe the order came down from Molson? Just seems really odd to me.

Molson is a fan and wanted to give Markov time to speak if he was leaving. I've heard he hated how Koivu walked with nothing done for him until he returned as a Duck. Likely didn't want the same treatment for a guy who had been a Hab for 15 years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A lot of people care about Patch? You mean the same way a lot of people cared about Subban? You didn't mind trading him right? You win the stanley cup by prioritizing the best players. With bergevin he prioritizes bottom line players and grinders first and talented players come second so I don't see how any one can take this GM seriously. HE DOESN"T WANT TO WIN A STANLEY CUP!

Radulov is better than Pacioretty and Markov is better than Alzner. You're worried about two years from now? Two years is a long time. That's TWO chances at winning the stanley cup. Who knows maybe Price gets injured in future(not the first time) and we are forced to rebuild. You can't keep brushing off the present in hopes of the future if the correct measures to win are not being taken in the present.

This perfect player that you and 417 are waiting for that is young, will cost the team peanuts and score 100 points doesn't exist. At best these players are drafted and there are only really 2-3 of them in the league. At best the rest of the teams will have to make due with what is available. Not believe that magic pills will solve their problems.

- Not cool throwing Patch under the bus because Radulov decided to sign with the Stars.

- Many people still care about Subban. I do. I also love that we have Weber too. Mixed emotions here for sure.

- Markov is getting old man. 3pts in his last 18 playoff games (since he was age 36). Alzner has concerns but we can't be comparing him to Markov. We need to evaluate Alzner for how well he can shut down the opposing forwards and what he does while we pay him $4.625M.

In summary. Getting upset is not the solution. Patience is the right path no matter how you spin things. They way you are acting is like we are a bottom 10 team in the league FFS. Come on man!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
The grieving is due to a GM who came on board with excellent young pieces such as pacioretty, subban, and price (followed by the immediate drafting of galchenyuk), only to be left 5 years later with the same players either moving on (subban), or players not expected to get any better (price, pacioretty), and in chucky's case, a player that has yet to prove himself at a position that the habs desperately need help.

It feels like a team trying hard to maintain their competitive status as opposed to a team that is primed for a jump into the upper echelon of Stanley Cup threats.

Its about not being able to insulate those pieces well enough over the years when the team was on the rise. The thought of not capitalizing with these assets, and the realization that the best chance to turn into a long term contender is to start again is sobering.

Thank you!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Leafs will need to worry about their cap very soon. Young players are out for blood these days.

Matthews is going to ask for 13 or more. He jumped to Zurich to make $$$ in his draft year rather than play JR. No way he isn't going to squeeze the "richest" team in the league for as much money as he can. Does he go full hog and ask for the max? I think its 20% of the cap if I am not mistaken.

Marner and Nylander will fall into place and want the big coin as well. McD and Drai will have nothing on the leafs kids.

In the end its a good problem to have, to have so good talent you have to pay up but Lou is going to have his work cut out for him a lot sooner than he thinks.

Leafs are going to be a thorn on our side for sure. However, they may lose JVR and Bozak soon. That will put more pressure on the young kids and other teams will be able to focus on the other guys more. You are 100% right with the cap. In a few years, they will have challenges. Their D is not so great either. They can be exposed.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Molson is a fan and wanted to give Markov time to speak if he was leaving. I've heard he hated how Koivu walked with nothing done for him until he returned as a Duck. Likely didn't want the same treatment for a guy who had been a Hab for 15 years.

I could agree with that. But don't you think he would of intervened then and told MB to bring Markov back if he has no plan for the remaining cap? He apparently told MB to sign PK after the bridge no?

Thats what I find odd. Molson is like MB I agree with you not giving Markov 6 on 1 year but I love the guy so much I will co sponser his farewell presser, but let him walk over a few mill?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
But I asked for a plausible scenario. You just mentioned how the names involved are not important because you are very well aware that there's no way Edmonton would trade RNH for Gallagher and DLR. Not in a million years.

You misunderstood. The reason I said it wasn't a perfect example was because Fayne is only on the books for one year and, if the Oilers don't mind paying money for the hell of it, they aren't, per se, obligated to get rid of that salary off the books to make the Cap limit. It just lowers the incentive to make the deal if Montreal agrees to take on the useless, toxic contract. Could still happen, but much less likely.

I'd go on to argue that perhaps they wouldn't trade RNH for Gallagher and DLR, but I do believe -- and I'm not alone in some empty field to believe this -- that Gallagher could be the centrepiece of a deal with EDM for the 'Nuge'. Gallagher and a 1st? Gallagher and something else? On that, and it's more than fair, you can disagree or agree. Like my opinion, it's just one of many...

We could have had a top 2 center this summer with Johanson traded from the caps. We passed. Why? We passed on Hanzal. Why?
You honestly think it's because Bergevin has some special complicated scheme to lure a better top 2 center from some team while taking on a bad contract??[/B]

I really believe that they passed on Hanzal because he's in no way a 2nd line C worth targeting, but that's a personal dislike for the player and I understand that you would've gone for him at the trade deadline, as you mentioned before. I'm actually glad you mentioned it, not because I like or dislike the player, but because it shows that you consider improving the team rather than concentrate only on slamming the management. It shows to me, like this, that there is some conversation to be had.

Johanson? Just because the guy was traded for by another team, it doesn't mean that the guy was on the open market and public bids were being tendered for the guy. All GMs have their own personal relations and that impacts trades that happen more than anything else on occasion. The posts I read about the Habs having been able to easily offer more and Bergevin having been an idiot for passing up on the opportunity presume he even knew that such a thing was possible. And no GM knows of every player's availability. There's no bulletin board at the 'Y' they get to consult. Also, perhaps the scouting reports the Habs had weren't as high on the C as some fans are now that he was traded for so little. It's not exactly like I was reading tons of posts that were saying this guy should be targeted by the Habs before the trade ever happened. Relationships are the key to being a GM and Bergevin, from people inside the industry, is regarded as one of the GMs with plenty of tendrils feeling about, but that doesn't mean that he has a hand in every pie out there. There is a reason why we see GMs trade regularly or more often with some GMs and rarely or never with some other GMs.

I get the idea. I just think it's quite far fetched and highly unlikely to happen. So really, I don't see the point to even have this as a possibility.

Thanks. That's pretty much all I can ask for from you or anyone, a shared understanding that the possibility exists. I wouldn't even call anyone out on it if it did happen. The fact that we managed to add an interesting player would be more than enough for me. It would -- even for me -- mitigate a bit of the separation anxiety created by Radulov and Markov not re-signing with Montreal ;)

Nobody is going to trade a top 2 center for a lower value if the toxic contract is only for a year, or even two. It quite frankly does not make much sense unless they are incredibly desperate for cap space, and I can't think of any team who would do that. This is why I asked for an actual plausible scenario. Who out there is so desperate to rid themselves of a salary that they would include and lower the value of a top 2 center?

Off the top, after this season, EDM will have 13 players signed for around 61M. That leaves nearly 14M, as the Cap now stands, 13M if you factor a reasonable IR, to sign 10 players, roughly an average of 1.3M per player. It's not exactly tons of spending cash either and getting rid of 6M for RNH to take on a lower salary for a player coming back and a 1st rounder, for example, wouldn't hurt in making the situation gain more breathing room. Can a trade be made this year to alleviate this future Cap constraint in EDM? EDM isn't forced to do so right away, but Montreal can still try and make a case for doing so. Negotiations aren't only done at gun point.

Beyond that, I'd have to comb and micro-analyze all the team rosters and Cap expenditures, plus project forward for them. I'm not inclined to do it for this conversation with you as you believe it is quite far-fetched and highly unlikely to happen and, more importantly, don't even see the point to even have this as a possibility.

Since my aim is really not to have you change your mind -- just to state that other possibilities exist beyond absolutely nothing happening -- I will spend the time at my leisure, instead, researching the other teams' rosters and cap situation, for my own benefit.

Sure. There also was so very obvious opportunities that he missed out on that didn't require much cap flexibility.

If your focus was re-signing Markov above all else, there's a myriad of low(er) impact moves he could've made and didn't, I agree, including not trading for Schlemko. Hell, he could even have passed up on a higher impact signing like that of Alzner to keep more Cap flexibility to re-sign Markov -- For two years, even! Hopefully, there is a larger picture than strictly re-signing Markov, though. Unfortunately as you and others have suggested, there might not be. I'd have to side with you and others that Bergevin is an awful GM if there proves to be no bigger picture, in the end.

I'd suggest there is still time to see something from this GM, especially given that he does have Cap space to occupy and that he is in a market that traditionally spends towards the Cap ceiling. Others take a more closed off view that, because he hasn't made this team a winner or a clearly better team in 6 years, nothing will or can happen in the future, regardless of anything.

I just have trouble taking that as measurable proof that nothing can or will happen. However, I can understand the lack of faith that something can or will happen. It's clear that a boxer with a 2-17 record, of which the two decisions in his favour went to the limit against weaker opponents won't be a credible winner by knock-out against a higher ranked fighter in his next bout. In either case, at some point, time will have passed and actual proof will follow suit, from which to form an observation rather than a prognostic.

Well if you don't believe it...why even mention it and argue about its possibility.
As I said, trading for McDavid is technically possible, but I don't believe it will ever happen, so I'm not going to discuss how we could possibly trade for a superstar center. It's pointless.

I don't see where your interpretation of me saying anything like this is coming from. I wasn't implying that. To me, that's just grand-standing to ridicule or marginalize the point and, through it, some or most of the rest of my response. I just don't think it is necessary for you to try and make your point.

I don't think trading for a top 2 C is impossible. All you need is one team to be really high on a prospect of yours and you never know. We aren't privy to all information, so we don't know. But when we look at our situation, our team, what top centers go for around the league, well then the likeliness of us getting one now is quite low.
Not impossible, but very unlikely we get one before the start of the year.

Where we disagree is that it's highly unlikely or quite low as you repeatedly allude to. That's your prerogative and it's fine by me (even if you certainly don't need me to approve to think any way you choose to think). I'm just glad that we aren't arguing that the mechanics don't exist for such a thing to happen. I just find it difficult, especially since you point out that we aren't privy to all information, to understand how that equates to an affirmation that the odds must be very low then?

The other thing that gets a bit lost in translation here is how trading for a top-6C tends to get described as trying to acquire one of the top centres in the league (read from the excerpt of your response above). A top-6 C isn't a #1C (all the better if we can get that for cheap, but I'm certainly not holding my breath on that one), per se. IMO, though, getting a top-6 C is what Bergevin needs to do in order to take a valuable step forward and, no, not a mostly defensive, shutdown C that will play 2nd line minutes, à la Plekanec under Therrien and Julien (in the playoffs, at least). The top-6 C needs to, at least, be a solid playmaking C to optimize our current strength on the wing and help provide more offense for a team in dire need of it.

This team is not going to the Finals unless they are extremely lucky or changes are made, but I remain a fan no matter what because I am a fan of hockey first and foremost. I will never grow tired of watching this sport. Being from Mtl, it's only natural for me to cheer for my hometown team, but I don't believe in this management group and this is based overall on the past 6 years, not some random biased coming out of thin air.

A fan of the game has, IMO, an easier time getting something out of the season than a strictly 'homer' fan who knows less about the game and mainly identifies with a team or a city. Good on you. At least, I get where you are coming from. I'm clearly more patient than you with this current management (but even my patience is wearing thin).

I believe that this season (and the next offseason, if he even gets the chance) will be a make it or break it moment for Bergevin. The next 12 months or so will be crucial for the Habs' GM. The real reason I am banking on Bergevin succeeding and sticking around is because that would only mean a better team to cheer for as a result. I don't think he will stick around past then if an appreciable improvement hasn't become obvious for all. 7 years is a long time for a GM, especially in such a demanding market as Montreal.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
A lot of people care about Patch? You mean the same way a lot of people cared about Subban? You didn't mind trading him right? You win the stanley cup by prioritizing the best players. With bergevin he prioritizes bottom line players and grinders first and talented players come second so I don't see how any one can take this GM seriously. HE DOESN"T WANT TO WIN A STANLEY CUP!

Radulov is better than Pacioretty and Markov is better than Alzner. You're worried about two years from now? Two years is a long time. That's TWO chances at winning the stanley cup. Who knows maybe Price gets injured in future(not the first time) and we are forced to rebuild. You can't keep brushing off the present in hopes of the future if the correct measures to win are not being taken in the present.

This perfect player that you and 417 are waiting for that is young, will cost the team peanuts and score 100 points doesn't exist. At best these players are drafted and there are only really 2-3 of them in the league. At best the rest of the teams will have to make due with what is available. Not believe that magic pills will solve their problems.

The fact that you actually believe this says a lot.....I'm actually quite impressed that you didn't edit this portion of your post.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Leafs will need to worry about their cap very soon. Young players are out for blood these days.

Matthews is going to ask for 13 or more. He jumped to Zurich to make $$$ in his draft year rather than play JR. No way he isn't going to squeeze the "richest" team in the league for as much money as he can. Does he go full hog and ask for the max? I think its 20% of the cap if I am not mistaken.

Marner and Nylander will fall into place and want the big coin as well. McD and Drai will have nothing on the leafs kids.

In the end its a good problem to have, to have so good talent you have to pay up but Lou is going to have his work cut out for him a lot sooner than he thinks.

There is absolutely no way Matthews gets 13 million as there is no precedent for this type of money. I can see him signing a similar contract to Draistatl , maybe add another 1 million.
Matthews didn't play in Zurich for the money , he went because he was a laterbirthday and he had absolutely nothing to gain from another year in the U.S developmental program or joining the CHL. I'm sure the 400k was nice but he wouldn't ruin his development for such a small amount. Marc Crawford convinced him to make the jump as he would be playing agaisnt men and Crawford could mentor him on the NHL side of things.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
- Not cool throwing Patch under the bus because Radulov decided to sign with the Stars.

- Many people still care about Subban. I do. I also love that we have Weber too. Mixed emotions here for sure.

- Markov is getting old man. 3pts in his last 18 playoff games (since he was age 36). Alzner has concerns but we can't be comparing him to Markov. We need to evaluate Alzner for how well he can shut down the opposing forwards and what he does while we pay him $4.625M.

In summary. Getting upset is not the solution. Patience is the right path no matter how you spin things.

Markov is better than Alzner regardless of age. Bergevin had 6 years to find his replacement.

The problem is that MB's plan is go with all defensive defenseman which is why traded away all of his PMD. Anybody with basic understanding of modern hockey knows this is a terrible idea.

Patience for what? To keep doing the same things over and over and expecting different results? Bergevin has a vision and it's a terrible one. It will not bring a stanley cup to Montreal. All you do by waiting is making the next GM's job that will have to come in and clean up this mess that much more difficult.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

don't be jealous of the so called "problems" the leafs have,

those "problems" will be winning a cup long before we do

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
The fact that you actually believe this says a lot.....I'm actually quite impressed that you didn't edit this portion of your post.

Sylvain Lefebvre has not developed a single NHL talent in 5 years and he just got extended and you think that MB is serious about winning a stanley cup? Are you friggin serious? Take your rose colored glasses off and judge his actions objectively.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
where you are picked in the draft doesn't mean anything,

im sorry, but this trade just scream Mcdonnough all over again

First, it's Mcdonaugh, second Drouin is 22, Gomez.....not so much. It couldn't be more different, I loved Sergachev, but HABS will win this trade by a country mile.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Sylvain Lefebvre has not developed a single NHL talent in 5 years and he just got extended and you think that MB is serious about winning a stanley cup? Are you friggin serious? Take your rose colored glasses off and judge his actions objectively.

He's an NHL GM....the fact that you suggest he doesn't want to win a cup is propostuis, you make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

This is not a fair comparison , Drouin is a 3rd overall pick with great value and is only 22 years old. Gomez was a decent center that was leaving his prime on an Albatross contract. McDonaugh ended up very good and that was obviously a horrible trade. However even if Sergachev ends up becoming elite , Drouin has that same potential.

I wasn't happy with the trade as Yzerman wanted Sergachev from the beginning. Our GM had him backed into a corner , where he had to trade Drouin or else he was going to lose a good roster player to the expansion draft. Drouin had recent issues with reporting to the AHL so his value technically could have taken a hit due to those circumstances. How Yzerman came out with exactly what he wanted (our top and only blue chip prospect) and the potential for a 2nd round pick is mind boggling.

It struck me as off the way he negotiates when he spoke about the Weber trade. "When a GM calls you and offers you Weber , you can't ask for more?" Well when they are offering you an older , more expensive version of what you already have , one must take advantage of that fact. Instead our GM acted like he had a gun to his head and absolutely had to trade our Norris winning D.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
There is absolutely no way Matthews gets 13 million as there is no precedent for this type of money. I can see him signing a similar contract to Draistatl , maybe add another 1 million.
Matthews didn't play in Zurich for the money , he went because he was a laterbirthday and he had absolutely nothing to gain from another year in the U.S developmental program or joining the CHL. I'm sure the 400k was nice but he wouldn't ruin his development for such a small amount. Marc Crawford convinced him to make the jump as he would be playing agaisnt men and Crawford could mentor him on the NHL side of things.

The guy had 40G as a 18/19 year old. If he avg 40G over his ELC, is the face of the "richest" franchise in the NHL and heralded as the guy who turned the leafs around, no way I see him settling for RyJo/Drai money.

As far as Zurich its my speculation, but what he did is pretty unprecedented. Who was the last 1st OVA to play in a pro league? Patrik Stepan? Maybe what you brought up played a role, but I think getting 400K as opposed to the pittance he would earn in the CHL might have also motivated him.

Maybe I am wrong and Matthews will take a home town discount but I don't see it. Young players are out for blood these days. They want big bucks right off the bat. Matthews is going to be the biggest young star out there not on a big contract. He is going to cash in.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
It struck me off the way he negotiates when he spoke about the Weber trade. "When a GM calls you and offers you Weber , you can't ask for more?" Well when they are offering you an older , more expensive version of what you already have , one must take advantage of that fact. Instead our GM acted like he had a gun to his head and absolutely had to trade our Norris winning D.

another point to prove MB is not very bright, and lacks experience, other GM's must know that, they take advantage of him,

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
The guy had 40G as a 18/19 year old. If he avg 40G over his ELC, is the face of the "richest" franchise in the NHL and heralded as the guy who turned the leafs around, no way I see him settling for RyJo/Drai money.

As far as Zurich its my speculation, but what he did is pretty unprecedented. Who was the last 1st OVA to play in a pro league? Patrik Stepan? Maybe what you brought up played a role, but I think getting 400K as opposed to the pittance he would earn in the CHL might have also motivated him.

Maybe I am wrong and Matthews will take a home town discount but I don't see it. Young players are out for blood these days. They want big bucks right off the bat. Matthews is going to be the biggest young star out there not on a big contract. He is going to cash in.

I don't know how you can say he will make more than McDavid who is the new face of the NHL. 8x9.5-10 should be what he signs for and matches his value (imo).

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
[/B]

A fan of the game has, IMO, an easier time getting something out of the season than a strictly 'homer' fan who knows less about the game and mainly identifies with a team or a city. Good on you. At least, I get where you are coming from. I'm clearly more patient than you with this current management (but even my patience is wearing thin).

I believe that this season (and the next offseason, if he even gets the chance) will be a make it or break it moment for Bergevin. The next 12 months or so will be crucial for the Habs' GM. The real reason I am banking on Bergevin succeeding and sticking around is because that would only mean a better team to cheer for as a result. I don't think he will stick around past then if an appreciable improvement hasn't become obvious for all. 7 years is a long time for a GM, especially in such a demanding market as Montreal.

I totally agreed with you, we need to be better in the playoff with the roster we have in 2018. Get at less at the 2rd round and be hard to beat of we don't pass it (top 8 team). 3rd round would be great (top 4 team), final amazing (top 2 team) and the cup, a dream come true (THE FIRST!). Get out without goals on the first round and a join the haters...

I believe we have a playoff team. But that team need to past at the next level at that point and soon. The piece are there but some key player need to bring more. A good run from Patch and Galchy for ones will get us throw. Goaler and def are not the problem but the inability to score goal.

We losing Radu hurt, but adding Drouin, a older Leknonen, a healty Gally deep guy, like Hemsky, older Danault instead Plekky... even Plekky on bottom role seem to be more efficient... Markov in playoff is not a big lost. anyone can do 3pts in 18G. He is part of the problem of core player under perform in in PO. And I love the player!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
This is not a fair comparison , Drouin is a 3rd overall pick with great value and is only 22 years old. Gomez was a decent center that was leaving his prime on an Albatross contract. McDonaugh ended up very good and that was obviously a horrible trade. However even if Sergachev ends up becoming elite , Drouin has that same potential.

I wasn't happy with the trade as Yzerman wanted Sergachev from the beginning. Our GM had him backed into a corner , where he had to trade Drouin or else he was going to lose a good roster player to the expansion draft. Drouin had recent issues with reporting to the AHL so his value technically could have taken a hit due to those circumstances. How Yzerman came out with exactly what he wanted (our top and only blue chip prospect) and the potential for a 2nd round pick is mind boggling.

It struck me as off the way he negotiates when he spoke about the Weber trade. "When a GM calls you and offers you Weber , you can't ask for more?" Well when they are offering you an older , more expensive version of what you already have , one must take advantage of that fact. Instead our GM acted like he had a gun to his head and absolutely had to trade our Norris winning D.

It's just like the Drouin trade when he had him sign a contract on live TV and said expect the unexpected.:laugh: It is a sign of a guy being in over his head, give the people what they want as opposed to addressing a need!! His media persona is a cross between duck dynasty and Donald Trump, I really genuinely get a kick out of his press conferences. His decisions so far as a gm are a joke and his vision of a winning team is probably somewhere centered in the timeline in which he played. He is sinking a once potentially beautiful ship. It's all good though because he meets the one single most important criteria to being a GM of the Montreal Canadiens. Go Habs Go!!:sarcasm:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Don't agree. The level of criticism in Montreal lately is out of control. There are certainly some reasons (as with every NHL team) but the level this has been taken too is not warranted IMO. Most people labeled "Supporter or Believers" are simply taking a reasonable and realistic approach to evaluation. The people who are not happy with results have exaggerated how bad this Team is to astronomical levels. Talk about lack of nuance!!! Those who don't support this team are just the ones who are the loudest at the moment throwing anybody under the bus on their path to prove this team sucks. It's just not right. The Habs are a very good team with a few missing pieces. Will we address this? Hard to say but this is no reason to throw our team under the bus. I give credit to those who stand against it and I will too!

Great post!

I agree. So stop being dishonest about things.

In one breath you tell others to be honest and in the next you throw this out?

This club was close to dead last in scoring in the 2nd half of the season. We used Phillip Dannault (a guy you supported in the role) as our number one center. And now you come back and talk about how we could've beaten the Pens?

The only way that happens is if Price puts up incredible numbers. And he did just that vs the Rangers and we STILL lost. Predictably, folks such as yourself had the gall to blame him for the loss.

Wake up and smell what you're shovelling here.

Freaking Ottawa took them to game 7 2OT.

Yes, the Pens were beatable.

You're trying too hard...

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
It's just like the Drouin trade when he had him sign a contract on live TV and said expect the unexpected.:laugh: It is a sign of a guy being in over his head, give the people what they want as opposed to addressing a need!! His media persona is a cross between duck dynasty and Donald Trump, I really genuinely get a kick out of his press conferences. His decisions so far as a gm are a joke and his vision of a winning team is probably somewhere centered in the timeline in which he played. He is sinking a once potentially beautiful ship. It's all good though because he meets the one single most important criteria to being a GM of the Montreal Canadiens. Go Habs Go!!:sarcasm:

I think all his nego want wrong: trade, radu and markov.

All for higher the expected price.... Remember Sakic demands? We know everything on radu by now and Markov leave ?... Bonino was rumor to be very close to us and plekky gone...

His expect the unexpected was before....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia