Marc-Andre Fleury Appreciation Thread (Selected by Vegas in exchange for 2020 2nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
L-R: Fleury, Guillaume Lefebvre, Matt Bradley, Ramzi Abid, Orpik, Rico Fata.

I mean, even by the standards of the time, why the **** is Lefebvre there? Like, you couldn't have Kraft or Surovy? They sucked as well, but at least there was a shred of pedigree there.
Oh man... I thought I had them all. But I thought Lefebvre was Morozov.

Jesus Christ.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'll say this... I'm glad to see him go out on top. You couldn't have written it any better.

Thanks for the memories (and the wins), Marc-Andre.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I wish MAF the best of luck in Vegas. He has a plenty good resume for his career.

I will not however shed one tear that he's gone. I won't sugercoat my disappointments with him in 2010-2014. I believe his lackluster post season performances cost us success. Not 100% on him but I do think he played a big role in it. It was time to move on. With that, I appreciate what he DID do here. 2008 and 2009 were amazing. His performance in the first two rounds this year were stellar. And for that I thank him.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Meh, he'll be back in a few years. Book it.

Serious question, what chance do you give Fleury coming back in 2 years?

He'll be 34, probably on the downswing of his career....does he take a discount to come back? I give it a 50/50 shot right now

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

He'll be 34, probably on the downswing of his career....does he take a discount to come back? I give it a 50/50 shot right now

Depends upon what happens in the next two year. If he gets shelled, then he won't have many real options. If he stands on his head and makes that team better than its play in front of him suggests that it should be, then he'll find a starting job in Vegas or elsewhere.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009

I think it's actually very real unless he plays like an undisputed starters for a better part of two years with little sign of wear. And if you look at it objectively, he'll be on a lesser team and approaching 35, so that might not happen. And Pickard is pretty good (I think, hard to tell with that team) so they have a younger option if Vegas doesn't plan on flipping him. If he wants to be a backup or split a little time, I think that would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad