Marc-Andre Fleury Appreciation Thread (Selected by Vegas in exchange for 2020 2nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
As much as I criticized Fleury during the low parts of his rollercoaster career here and as mad as I'd have been if we didn't move on from him this summer...it was weird and a bit sad seeing him in a different jersey.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Same as above.
Love the way he went out. 9Wins in a Cup win. Waived to get a chance to do just that and he did the damn thing.
Won't miss him at all. Will always just remember this run he had to close it out and smile ear to ear.

But i feel bad looking at that roster.
But not really bad though cuz he's easily moveable if he wants out during the next 2 years.
I hope it back fires on McPhee and MAF gets them in the POs season 1. Heh.
Stranger things have happened.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Daily-Life-GIFs-06-The-Rock-Clapping.gif

absolutely lights out this year. i hope he can keep it up.

I hate this term since the first time I heard it. If the lights are out, how the heck do you know what is happening. oy.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i would be mildly sad if every casual fan and media member wasn't still so insufferable, after all this. like whatever, i don't want to devote any more thought to it

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Now let's hope Murray doesn't show his true colors (injury prone/weak glove) in a full-time starting role expected to play 60 games a year on a regular basis. Big freaking mistake losing Fleury and getting zip in return. I'm highly disappointed.

Vegas forum is waiting for you.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
They read Fluery related Facebook Comments on the Radio this morning... people are deluded and crazy on this one for sure... one lady said she'd trade the Cup Win to keep MAF... like totally missing the big picture...

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I honestly won't miss Fleury at all. I will remember him fondly and wish him the best, but I was never emotionally attached to him like most of the city. If this were Geno being selected, I'd be an emotional wreck (as far as hockey fandom goes).

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I honestly won't miss Fleury at all. I will remember him fondly and wish him the best, but I was never emotionally attached to him like most of the city. If this were Geno being selected, I'd be an emotional wreck (as far as hockey fandom goes).

These are my thoughts exactly, further I'm embarrassed by the social media posts from our great hockey city's "fans", some of whom are going out of their way to disparage Murray. Give me a break :laugh:

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
These are my thoughts exactly, further I'm embarrassed by the social media posts from our great hockey city's "fans", some of whom are going out of their way to disparage Murray. Give me a break :laugh:

They don't watch the games. When I realized that it allowed me to not care at all about the crap they say. I don't follow the Penguins anywhere anyways because their social media is effective but unbearable IMO. It's for the people that catch a game once a week or less and who are mostly concerned about memes as opposed to actually understanding what they're watching.

Best thing for anyone to do is find people close to you that watch as much or more than you do, and this board frankly. I sure as hell don't agree with everyone here and I sure as hell know they don't always agree with me, but there are more than a few people here that watch most or all of the games and if they miss one it's unusual.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
I love the "GLOVE SIDE HIGH" people. Every single goalie in the league's weakness is glove side high. If you're flying down the ice and get to rip the puck glove side high - you have a good chance to score!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Same. I'm glad it's over.

Ya, I'm indifferent about him as well.

I want him to do well because he seems like a good person, but I honestly couldn't care less that he is gone.

Murray has already proven what he can do, and I am a big Jarry fan also.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I love the "GLOVE SIDE HIGH" people. Every single goalie in the league's weakness is glove side high. If you're flying down the ice and get to rip the puck glove side high - you have a good chance to score!

Yeah that's like before a game starts they always used to say "you have to shoot high on this guy. put pucks past his ears". Ya no ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad