Marc-Andre Fleury Appreciation Thread (Selected by Vegas in exchange for 2020 2nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm happy to see MAF finally have a Top 5 (at least in my opinion) season.

The guy has been a laughingstock ever since the rebound off of his face at the World Juniors, so I'm glad to see him FINALLY play like a mature professional.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Fleury deserves a ton of appreciation for a great season. He had a excellent season and his numbers were very impressive at a time when the Penguins were injury riddled and relied heavily on a number of AHLers. Fleury stepped up and unfortunately I think it largely went unnoticed outside of Pensnation.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I hated the signing, and would still be interested in exploring what would have happened had we gone with a cheap goalie and allotted more money to the forwards, but MAF was lights-out all year.

Kudos to him. One of the very few Penguins who can escape blame for this year's flameout.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
He played amazingly for us this year, and even better in the playoffs. So sorry the offense couldn't show up, once again. But somehow, this is just going to turn into any other thread when someone mentions Fleury....

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Best thread of the year. Guy deserves a million appreciations. Dead serious. MVP for the Pens. Stole us so many damn games this year and gave this worthless team a chance when they didn't deserve it.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
Daily-Life-GIFs-06-The-Rock-Clapping.gif

absolutely lights out this year. i hope he can keep it up.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'l give him his props, he had a heck of a playoffs.

But give me a break with all this stuff i see on twitter about MAF deserving better.

Hes blown so many playoffs for the pens in the past, i don't feel bad for MAF at all.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Excellent stuff by MAF. Not surprised though. I was predicting that after 30 gms in the regular season. Guy just looked so calm and matured, like never before. He made it look easy actually. It´s a shame that he wasn´t always playing like this, especially when we needed him the most. This was a massive effort by him but we all knew that it´s gonna be wasted by the rest of the team.

Reversed roles. He deserved better this time, the team deserved better from him before.. At the end, just wasted years with no Stanley Cups.. But yeah, such is life.

displacedpensfan

Dec 23, 2008
Mvp

I think he actually outplayed Hank in the series, and that's saying something. Pens 2014-15 MVP? Absolutely.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Pass the crow over this way. He could not have done more for the team this year.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
There is not enough crow to eat. He proved everyone wrong. Even the believers had to have some doubt at some point.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I figured he would perform average with the joke of a defense in front of him but he was outstanding and was for the regular season as well. It's a shame that he had to look up and see garbage like Scuderi and Lovejoy pretending to imitate NHL defensemen.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
I'l give him his props, he had a heck of a playoffs.

But give me a break with all this stuff i see on twitter about MAF deserving better.

Hes blown so many playoffs for the pens in the past, i don't feel bad for MAF at all.

2 playoffs. He's blown 2 playoffs.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
He was great this year, earned that contract. And even if he blows it next year, that is a tradable contract.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Rational person: Fleury played extremely well and was basically the only reason an injury-depleted, poorly constructed team made the playoffs and gave the Rangers a hard time.

Far too many dummies: Yeah... He played well, but not well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad