Marc-Andre Fleury Appreciation Thread (Selected by Vegas in exchange for 2020 2nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
19399319_10156176635518765_2848179663111099534_n.jpg

@malkin71_: "sad day ((("

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Even though it's the right thing to do and everyone knew it was coming, it still hurt to see him in that ugly jersey. Damn. Maybe he can retire as a backup here or something.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Yeah that was tough. He was the main guy through a few really awful years. The first piece of a perennial contender. I remember when he came in and I was still in high school. So much has happened in my life since and obviously a lot happened for the organization. He's part of that legacy of saving the team from moving for sure. What a pillar of this community.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Good luck MAF. Thanks for trying your best.

I don't think McPhee did a great job with the draft, at least not in the short term. Hopefully MAF can find his way back to a contender.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
So was anyone else here at the 2003-04 home opener? I was. They gave away this true collector's item T-shirt (bonus points if you can identify every player) with Fleury hastily added on the side.

PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-The-X-Generation-Lemieux-2003-2004-T-SHIRT.jpg

They played the Kings. Craig Patrick's regime threw Fleury out there as an 18-year-old with this blueline in front of him:

Nolan Baumgartner
Drake Berehowsky
Dan Focht
Josef Melichar
Brooks Orpik
Dick Tarnstrom

He faced 48 shots and stopped 46 of them. He stopped a penalty shot. The Penguins did not score.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
So was anyone else here at the 2003-04 home opener? I was. They gave away this true collector's item T-shirt (bonus points if you can identify every player) with Fleury hastily added on the side.

They played the Kings. Craig Patrick's regime threw Fleury out there as an 18-year-old with this blueline in front of him:

Nolan Baumgartner
Drake Berehowsky
Dan Focht
Josef Melichar
Brooks Orpik
Dick Tarnstrom

He faced 48 shots and stopped 46 of them. He stopped a penalty shot. The Penguins did not score.

Oh man, I'm having flashbacks to some of the discussions about those players. On my deathbed, I will look back on the time I spent discussing Drake Berehowsky and yank the plug myself.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house

Nolan Baumgartner
Drake Berehowsky
Dan Focht
Josef Melichar
Brooks Orpik
Dick Tarnstrom

Still have it in my "wear to bed or under equipment" drawer.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY

Nolan Baumgartner
Drake Berehowsky
Dan Focht
Josef Melichar
Brooks Orpik
Dick Tarnstrom

Oh man, that shirt is a riot! And that blue line HORRIFIC!!

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site

L-R: Fleury, Guillaume Lefebvre, Matt Bradley, Ramzi Abid, Orpik, Rico Fata.

I mean, even by the standards of the time, why the **** is Lefebvre there? Like, you couldn't have Kraft or Surovy? They sucked as well, but at least there was a shred of pedigree there.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
It's going to be like Fleury's rookie season all over again. I really hope one of 2 things happen. #1: He gets traded to someone better at the deadline. #2 He ends up back in Pittsburgh after his contract is over as either Murray's backup or in the front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad