Maple Leafs "window" officially closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I think you’re vastly overrating what Hyman brings. Much harder to get a Matthews or Marner skill set. It would’ve been nice to keep Hyman but it’s not a huge loss and our forward group is better overall now imo. We’ll all find out the answer soon enough.
Yea. I'm hearing from leaf fans ...all of a sudden .....Hyman is not that good.
Last year on Toronto radio he was was a candidate for the Olympic team ! Ha!

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The “who the hell is Bunting” crowd are just outting themselves as casual fans so we know not to take your opinions or comments seriously.
Yea right.
He's a house hold name.
Let me guess ...he played for Dubas in junior.
Whl

Reactions: JAK

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Yea. I'm hearing from leaf fans ...all of a sudden .....Hyman is not that good.
Last year on Toronto radio he was was a candidate for the Olympic team ! Ha!
I think he’s underrating hyman for sure. But the truth is probably somewhere between you and he.

Love him as a player, but no chance at an Olympic team appearance unless Matthews was Canadian a la Kunitz. He’ll do well in Edmonton. If someone can fill 2/3 of what he brought to the leafs in kase, Richie or bunting, I’ll be happy enough. Still wish they had the money to sign him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dache

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
You literally went back as many games as was convenient to find the worst possible record, instead of just putting their entire record out.

You can nit pick a stat all you want, but don’t try to ride out on a white horse because of it. It’s still a cherry picked stat (and you know that)
It's not a cherry picked stat.

It's a worrying trend.

And it was the last 27 games, not a set of games picked here and there.

Are you still claiming that they were on a hot streak?

Reactions: JAK

The90

Feb 27, 2017
It's not a cherry picked stat.

It's a worrying trend.

And it was the last 27 games, not a set of games picked here and there.

Are you still claiming that they were on a hot streak?
Oh yeah? How come you didn’t go 29 games? 38? How about 47? We both know the answer to that.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I think he’s underrating hyman for sure. But the truth is probably somewhere between you and he.

Love him as a player, but no chance at an Olympic team appearance unless Matthews was Canadian a la Kunitz. He’ll do well in Edmonton. If someone can fill 2/3 of what he brought to the leafs in kase, Richie or bunting, I’ll be happy enough. Still wish they had the money to sign him.
Oh I agree 100 percent he is no olympian
Laughed when Chris Johnson and Merrick were debating it on the fan590 mid season.
Hyman was over rated for sure......by leaf fans. Till he became an Oiler.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAK and The90

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You really don't understand the concept of "trend", do you?
All those custom 27 game trends that are always used. In statistics we’ll use 27 instead of 30 now because that’s where beachamp draws the line lol. Good joke

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
All those custom 27 game trends that are always used. In statistics we’ll use 27 instead of 30 now because that’s where beachamp draws the line lol. Good joke
would you prefer a 30 game moving average over a career?
i think his point remains.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
would you prefer a 30 game moving average over a career?
i think his point remains.
I’d prefer an honest stat that doesn’t go back to look for the worst possible record and to cut it off there.

Edit: He literally cuts it at a point where they win 9/10 games. I didn’t even have to check and knew that would be the case. Good stuff beachamp!

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
You still won't admit that you were wrong when you mentioned a "hot streak".

And the joke is on you.

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I’d prefer an honest stat that doesn’t go back to look for the worst possible record and to cut it off there.

Edit: He literally cuts it at a point where they win 9/10 games. I didn’t even have to check and knew that would be the case. Good stuff beachamp!
Thanks. :blush:

It is beauchamp, but thanks anyway.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You still won't admit that you were wrong when you mentioned a "hot streak".

And the joke is on you.

Thanks. :blush:

It is beauchamp, but thanks anyway.
Or is it that I was talking about the pre and post babcock record as a whole? You could’ve stopped at 21 games and had 11-8-2?

they definitely came back to the mean, but your cherry picking is super misleading.

Also, the fact that your only response is to correct the spelling of something in my post is telling in and of itself,

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Or is it that I was talking about the pre and post babcock record as a whole? You could’ve stopped at 21 games and had 11-8-2?

they definitely came back to the mean, but your cherry picking is super misleading.

Also, the fact that your only response is to correct the spelling of something in my post is telling in and of itself,
You still don't get it.

And correcting the spelling of my name is curiously wrong?

Nice.

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
You still don't get it.

Nice.
You’re in every Leaf thread, but you’re clearly not a Leaf fan. What is it about the Leafs that keeps drawing you back in?

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You still don't get it.

Nice.
I do absolutely get it. They cooled off. Doesn’t change the fact that you nit picked a game # to fudge the point.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
It's the same team as last year, how has their window closed?

Top 10 offence.
Top 10 defence.
Top 10 goaltending.

Can't get out of the first round but they still have the pieces to contend or pieces to trade in order to be a contender.

Dubas won't make it if they lose again in the first round, but the bones of this team are fine.

/thread

Reactions: NinjaKick and The90

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
It's the same team as last year, how has their window closed?

Top 10 offence.
Top 10 defence.
Top 10 goaltending.

Can't get out of the first round but they still have the pieces to contend or pieces to trade in order to be a contender.

Dubas won't make it if they lose again in the first round, but the bones of this team are fine.

/thread
I’m not sure about top 10 defence or goaltending. But I also think they are pretty solid in both areas. Defence and goaltending was not an issue for them last season or in the playoffs

Reactions: NinjaKick

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
The previous season, he played 14:19 per game, in 28 games.
Again, what is your point? Do you consider that playing every night? Do you not understand this will be the first year that Sandin is expected to come in and have a regular role with the team?

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
It's weird that people bring up the defence, when the problem now is their cap issues forced them to cannibalize their forwards to fix the defence and it's quite good now.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I’m not sure about top 10 defence or goaltending. But I also think they are pretty solid in both areas. Defence and goaltending was not an issue for them last season or in the playoffs
Look at last seasons stats. SA/G, GA/G, Team SV%. Top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad