Managerial Thread Part V - Tottenham in Tatters

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Nuno obviously got results at Wolves, comparatively. But they were horrible to watch. I dreaded when United played them bc the games were so awful. He is not a manager I would want near my club.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Absolutely. I don't want Nuno, but when Traore was good and Jimenez healthy they were a much nicer team to watch than the team we saw in much of 20/21.

Reactions: luiginb

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Roberto Martinez is the next most likely option according to betting companies. Not sure if it's because this search has been farcical and I'm getting impatient, but I'd welcome him with open arms.

Wonder if the club might go after Mancini too. He has experience within the league and Paratici would probably rate him.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hopefully those odds are just a lack of imagination. Nuno is for me the lesser evil vs. Martinez.

Mancini is OK, but he just signed a new contract with Italy.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I feel sorry for Howe. The only manager in the world not being offered a job in the PL.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I feel sorry for Howe. The only manager in the world not being offered a job in the PL.

That Fulham job is now open. Think that's a nice gig and they have the talent to bounce back up. Palace is going to struggle this year with the amount of players that probably walk and Eze out half the season. I think Howe or Wilder to Fulham is a good spot for either.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wonderful. A coach that makes teams overachieve is taking over an FM roster with huge young talents.
He has much more to play with than at Lille (in terms of actual roster and money in the bank°. Obviously though, he doesn't have a certain scout to send him great talent year after year this time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Now here is a guy that wouldn’t snub Tottenham. Probably.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I wouldn’t want Gerrard to jump straight to the LFC job either. Saw what happened to Lampard at Chelsea. Would rather Gerrard cut his teeth mid table and then make sure it’s the right hire. Klopp will be there at least another 2-3 years so there isn’t really a rush there either. Gerrard should stay at Rangers, see if he can get some Champions League experience, and then go for a job in the PL, but again He can pick his spot, no need to go to a mess like the Everton (lol)/Palace/Tottenham openings just because.
He’s proven enough for me. I also don’t think he will pull the big timing it routine like Lampard. It more matters what team he would walk into.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Vieira to Crystal Palace is done.
No idea why they're interested.

he is a guy with great charisma and one of the best players ever. he does have potential to be a good coach even if he sucked at nice. lets hope for palace sake viera lives up to his potential

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Coutinho and O. Dembele could work. Couldn't be any worse than Doherty and Reguilon last season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
They didn’t? Lol
They failed to qualify in 2016 and 2018 for the Euros and World Cup respectively, this time have a mediocre squad but swept their group because it was easy, and then went out in the round of 16 to what is a fairly comparable squad.

People overrate their talent because historically they have been better.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They failed to qualify in 2016 and 2018 for the Euros and World Cup respectively, this time have a mediocre squad but swept their group because it was easy, and then went out in the round of 16 to what is a fairly comparable squad.

People overrate their talent because historically they have been better.
Those aren’t the same players. Look at them under Koeman and then under this guy. He played with 5 at the back… terrible manager and he did terribley

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Those aren’t the same players. Look at them under Koeman and then under this guy. He played with 5 at the back… terrible manager and he did terribley
I know it's not all the same players, their squad just isn't that good. They lost to a team that top to bottom has comparable talent to them, it's not like losing to the Czechs was a huge upset.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I doubt many would have done much better with that Dutch squad. Van Dijk and Beek in top form and it would have been quite different I guess.

Not that I think there is much to suggest de Boer is a fantastic coach. Then again most fantastic coaches do not want to coach national teams.

Reactions: luiginb and Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad