Managerial Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
@HotspurRelated
The main four candidates to become #thfc manager are Erik ten Hag, Ralf Rangnick, Roberto Martinez and Graham Potter. [The Athletic]

You just know this will be Martinez :laugh:

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Will they really stump the money for him? I doubt it. I know West Ham was exploring Sima too. Palace has crazy turnover on that squad too with so many players out of contract.

Early candidate to go down.
The fact that Sima is available before UCL qualifiers should be setting off alarms at any interested clubs. He's definitely not PL ready either

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The fact that Sima is available before UCL qualifiers should be setting off alarms at any interested clubs. He's definitely not PL ready either
What does the first part mean? Like six months ago they were claiming CL teams wanted him and they wanted €50M or something crazy.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
What does the first part mean? Like six months ago they were claiming CL teams wanted him and they wanted €50M or something crazy.
When key players were leaving in previous years, Slavia would do all they could to keep them for the UCL qualifiers because that's where the money is. They don't think Sima is crucial to getting them into the group stage and want to cash in ASAP because his form has dropped significantly and they're worried they'll never get this much for him.

To keep myself on topic, Potter seems like the best option from that list but none of them are particularly inspiring tbh

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Honestly, I think this might be the right move for both parties. They looked really, really stale this year. The Jimenez injury obviously hurt a lot, but I think both Santo and Wolves could use some freshness.

Odds have been slashed on him going to Spurs, I saw on Twitter.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Another very expected move. Nuno did a monumental job with Wolves for a while, getting them promoted and sticking in the top half of the Prem. Obviously things turned very stale this season, the enthusiasm is gone and change is definitely needed. For both parties.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don’t know man. I feel like everything Levy does has getting a Pat on the back from the media in mind

If that's what he's really after then it seems to me Potter would be a better choice. Young (-ish), rising, English coach. I would think the media would love it.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Potter, Rangnick, Ten Hag (despite the extension) and Martinez ( :facepalm: )are the most talked about by the reliable journos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad