Managerial Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I think you are right. I guess you can argue Rodgers isn't "on the up", but he is still quite young (younger than ten Hag). Potter and ten Hag are managers that most likely will get a shot at a fairly big club within the next couple of years.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Derek Rae reporting that van Bommel will be new Wolfsburg manager as Glasner is leaving (could go to Frankfurt but they are looking at Terzic)

German coaching moves are always head scratching whether it’s moves made mid season, people leaving CL clubs to take mid table jobs and in the recent past taking a 2BL job despite earning promotion

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
That Spurs job is a tough one to figure out who would want it. It's in the EPL, and it's still a prestige job. But it needs a lot of work.

I think they have to go with someone who's on the up, and can do some overhauling. They're definitely in rebuild and retool mode.
For no particular reason I wondered for a second today if Hasenhuttl would make sense. But doesn't sound like someone who will "test their financial resolve."

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't think Parker should rush it, but I'm not sure he isn't ready. The way he kept cool and managed to get his team playing so well even with that start is impressive. Usually it becomes a Allardyce kind of scrap to get points, but Parker never went in that direction. Quite rare if you ask me and I think it tells you something about him.

A bit similar with Potter. Never seem to have gotten stressed even if his team, playing well, just couldn't score.

I wonder if Brighton with Kane would beat Spurs without. Would not be surprised if so had happened.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Derek Rae reporting that van Bommel will be new Wolfsburg manager as Glasner is leaving (could go to Frankfurt but they are looking at Terzic)

German coaching moves are always head scratching whether it’s moves made mid season, people leaving CL clubs to take mid table jobs and in the recent past taking a 2BL job despite earning promotion

Glasner doesn't see eye to eye with Wolfsburg's sporting director Jörg Schmadtke. If you don't get on with your boss, you often have no choice but to leave as they'll sack you at the first chance they get.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don't think Parker should rush it, but I'm not sure he isn't ready. The way he kept cool and managed to get his team playing so well even with that start is impressive. Usually it becomes a Allardyce kind of scrap to get points, but Parker never went in that direction. Quite rare if you ask me and I think it tells you something about him.

A bit similar with Potter. Never seem to have gotten stressed even if his team, playing well, just couldn't score.

I wonder if Brighton with Kane would beat Spurs without. Would not be surprised if so had happened.

Well, Brighton without Kane beat Spurs without Kane, so...

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
The managerial race is wild this season. Plenty of names to go about, will be interesting to see where Conte lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad