Managerial Thread - 21/22 and 22/23 Seasons - Tottenham Hotlol

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
PSG won't win the CL with him he is awful... had the greatest attacking trio in history and thats why he won a treble otherwise he wouldnt win shit.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG won't win the CL with him he is awful... had the greatest attacking trio in history and thats why he won a treble otherwise he wouldnt win shit.
Some had great rosters and failed. A treble is an incredible achievement.
Heck people are pimping Pep for winning a treble. You in fact.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Some had great rosters and failed. A treble is an incredible achievement.
Heck people are pimping Pep for winning a treble. You in fact.
Pep won 2 trebles.. I'd be "pimping" him with or without it because his track record speaks for itself.

Its not what you win for coaches its how you win it for me to be impressed. That's why I dont rate Simeone has highly as some, or ZZ, Tuchel etc. Lucho for instance, relied on individual talent to get by the actual game play was pretty bad under him. When Lucho gets the can or wins the CL you can pull this up. I will laugh until then.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pep won one where he was incredible and it was with a team just as good as Enrique's. His second was the with most expensive team of all time.
If anything I'd say Lucho relies way too much on ball possession so I totally disagree.

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pep won one where he was incredible and it was with a team just as good as Enrique's. His second was the with most expensive team of all time.
If anything I'd say Lucho relies way too much on ball possession so I totally disagree.
Not the treble winning team. He bypassed the midfield got the ball to MSN and just prayed they could do all the work. Busi was at his worst under Lucho. With the NT his forwards are pretty crap so he kept the ball and passed it aimlessly. No matter how you slice it he isnt a good coach.

doesn't matter Pep is an elite coach that is a master at tactics and can get the best out of his players. Lucho isnt the treble is irrelevant to either of them in this case.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I think he is quite better than what D2M thinks. What I agree though is that I don't think he's good enough to get the CL for PSG

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think he is quite better than what D2M thinks. What I agree though is that I don't think he's good enough to get the CL for PSG

I agree. @Duchene2MacKinnon is being hyperbolic if you ask me. Lucho had a good team behind him as well. Still, I don't see him doing anything significant with PSG. Even perhaps Nagelsmann as PSG are seemingly going to go through a major transition and I'm not convinced they'll get the top players to do it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not the treble winning team. He bypassed the midfield got the ball to MSN and just prayed they could do all the work. Busi was at his worst under Lucho. With the NT his forwards are pretty crap so he kept the ball and passed it aimlessly. No matter how you slice it he isnt a good coach.

doesn't matter Pep is an elite coach that is a master at tactics and can get the best out of his players. Lucho isnt the treble is irrelevant to either of them in this case.
Lol a treble irrelevant.
Lucho used a more vertical tiki taka which was a new way to use Barca's forwards.
They didn't hoof the ball lol.
Possession without the players to put the ball in is a dead end and Lucho clearly struggled with Spain.
Doesn't make it less of an achievement what he did with Barca that nobody except Pep was able to do.

Agreed. Nagelsmann would have been my choice.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
As usually the point is over your head. Lucho winning a treble doesn’t make him a great coach.

Tuchel/ Di Mateo won champions leagues and they’re both terrible.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
As usual, your sentences don't make any sense.
THERE IS NO POINT IN YOUR POST.
It's just crap.
Saying any dumbass could get a treble is either being stupid or being particularly immature.
Tuchel is hardly horrible. Another nonsense sentence of yours. He's playing terrible looking football, which is totally different.

Reactions: luiginb

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
FWIW re: Lucho, Spain dominated Italy in their semifinal, but that was also the only game in which they looked half decent in the entire tournament.

A bad manager will never win a treble, but a meh one can win one with the right squad, and I think that’s what happened.

As usually the point is over your head. Lucho winning a treble doesn’t make him a great coach.

Tuchel/ Di Mateo won champions leagues and they’re both terrible.
Lumping in Tuchel with Di Matteo is the new peak of your absolutely ludicrous underrating of one of Europe’s best coaches, lmao.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
As usual, your sentences don't make any sense.
THERE IS NO POINT IN YOUR POST.
It's just crap.
Saying any dumbass could get a treble is either being stupid or being particularly immature.
Tuchel is hardly horrible. Another nonsense sentence of yours. He's playing terrible looking football, which is totally different.
There’s no need to respond… I’m simply saying winning a trophy doesn’t make you a good coach. I watched enough of lucho games to be confident in my assessment of him. Just watch and see if I’m right or wrong.

FWIW re: Lucho, Spain dominated Italy in their semifinal, but that was also the only game in which they looked half decent in the entire tournament.

A bad manager will never win a treble, but a meh one can win one with the right squad, and I think that’s what happened.

Lumping in Tuchel with Di Matteo is the new peak of your absolutely ludicrous underrating of one of Europe’s best coaches, lmao.
So good he managed to almost fumble to German spurs and needed a teenager to save his ass.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

That was not Spain's only half decent game of the tourney. Their pressing was impressive from the very start.

And there's a middle ground between D2M and you when it comes to TT that's closer to the truth. He has a great tactical mind, but since getting worked by Pep in the BuLi he's been far too cynical. Plus he's such a dick that he managed to make Watzke seem like the reasonable one in their divorce...and Watzke is a notorious c***

So good he managed to almost fumble to German spurs and needed a teenager to save his ass.
They may be soul-less corporate sellouts, but they're German Arsenal, not German Spurs.

And tbs to TT, he was saved by the best teenager in Europe this season...a kid who bossed this season's La Liga winners & a whole bunch of other teams...so relying on him to win isn't exactly some out there stratagem.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Iraola played an attractive brand of football with Rayo (even though he was the typical Basque no-nonsense defender in his playing days) but O'Neil deserved better.

Spot on about Iraola. We'll see how he does. Different kettle of fish here.

I can understand the sentiment for O'Neil, but I can also understand trying to improve on him. IMO there will be some pressure on Iraola here.

Reactions: JPBolts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad