Managerial Thread - 21/22 and 22/23 Seasons - Tottenham Hotlol

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
No smoke without fire etc.?

He does like to sulk and moan, so it might not mean anything, but things might not be all good in Paris?

The United board clearly likes him. If PSG can get an agreement with ZZ or something I guess this could happen?

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
All the talk in the UK media is of Poch, including from some Tier 1 sources.

TLDR: Poch isn't happy at PSG and wants to move back to England as his family still live here. If Zidane is willing to take over now, PSG will let Poch go and Utd wont have to wait till the summer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG not convinced by Poch tbh. Nothing new.
If they can get their hands on a higher profile, he's gone in two seconds.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think United is better off waiting. Pending on how PSG goes, Poch could likely be available. Also much easier to talk ten Hag into it then if you think that's the case. Maybe ZZ isn't sure about the situation he is offered elsewhere.

But... they're going to run the risk of putting in someone who doesn't do enough to get into the CL.

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
Poch to United has been in the works for a few years now. Will PSG let him go mid-season?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It has been in the works for years now?

They had a chance to get him free and clear, and the board balked and didn't go for it.

I think it's more agent talk than anything else.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think United is desperate if ZZ rejected.
And they know PSG is so-so with Poch and that ZZ might be interested to go there. And PSG will get money out of letting go their coach.

Of course Blanc is still available.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
The Ronaldo effect is also this. OGS pays for faults that are not only its own. They will never go to Blanc, he hasn't worked for 4 years and they will certainly not offer him the bench of such an important club, they will do everything to take Pochettino, only then will they go to Zidane. The serious mistake was not taking Conte when he was available.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m not opposed to Poch as interim, even interim with a chance at being full time, but I don’t want to hand him the full time right now.
I think Poch would be fine. He hasn’t lit the world on fire post Tottenham but I do think of the reported options he’s one of the better choices. We’ll see though, there’s a very real chance that might it doesn’t matter who the manager is with how incompetent the board is.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't think Poch would go there if he thought he was getting an interim tag. They're not a good enough team, and don't have a good enough track record to get a guy to leave arguably a side that could be one of the best three or four in the world for a club that has to go through a massive overhaul and rebuild.

Yeah, I guess, United could offer job security. But if they're only giving him the interim tag, that kind of defeats that purpose right?

The ONLY reason Poch is even looking at United (or back to Spurs when it was rumored to be fair) was at a greater sense of stability, and less like he's managing with his job on the line every couple of matches.

As much as I get some bile in my mouth saying it, United is still a very desirable job. But they can't just go out there and show a little leg and hope that their choice manager comes running to them. Those days are gone.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Leaving PSG for all the "egos" to go to a club with Ronaldo and Pogba would be funny.

Pochettino has only worked properly so far when he has a bunch of extremely loyal players. I don't see United going full rebuild.

I can see why they will take their time. I wouldn't know if ten Hag, Rodgers, Potter etc. would leave mid season, but I can see why they wouldn't. Pochettino seems to be the obvious one assume ZZ moves to Paris.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Leaving PSG for all the "egos" to go to a club with Ronaldo and Pogba would be funny.

Pochettino has only worked properly so far when he has a bunch of extremely loyal players. I don't see United going full rebuild.

I can see why they will take their time. I wouldn't know if ten Hag, Rodgers, Potter etc. would leave mid season, but I can see why they wouldn't. Pochettino seems to be the obvious one assume ZZ moves to Paris.
I don't even know if it's the players as much as PSG club structure. Say what you will about United, but it's just corporate.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't even know if it's the players as much as PSG club structure. Say what you will about United, but it's just corporate.

Pochettino seems to like it more "cozy". Not blaming him for that, but then clubs like PSG and United might not be your best moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad