Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There’s mix reports... some are saying he won’t decide until tomorrow. Others are saying he will come in June. Refusing to come mid season. Some reports I read are saying Valverde is mad and will resign others are saying he’s prepared to continue. Wtf is going on.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Barca have totally f***ed this up. It’s clear they don’t want valverde anymore and are desperate for a new manager. Get a caretaker in now and move on in the summer. Just get Poch and be done with it!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Xavi apparently wanted to finish business with Al-Sadd and has an agreement with Font he didn't want to break. Could still happen this Summer, but now we'll have to see what happens. Surprised Pochettino sounds so close.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Xavi apparently wanted to finish business with Al-Sadd and has an agreement with Font he didn't want to break. Could still happen this Summer, but now we'll have to see what happens. Surprised Pochettino sounds so close.
Get it done!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Get it done!

I'm not excited by this, but I'll get behind him if it gets done. My expectations won't change though and he'll need to hit the ground running.

On a side note, seems to be some public commentary about the treatment of Valverde. I think it's a two-way street. Sure he managed the team to some domestic success, but the CL knockouts, last season's Copa del Rey final and the way the team is playing mean it's fair game for him to be replaced. It's not like he's going to step down on his own or that he won't be compensated.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The article I just read said Poch would rather work on a farm in Argentina than coach Barcelona due to his loyalty to Espanyol.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Yeah, I think if it came down to it, I think Poch would take the job. But I think he's going to want some assurances. That's not really a team setup to play how he wants from the start, and does he feel he will get a few windows to make some changes?

The rumblings seem to be that Xavi didn't want to come over midseason. I don't know how accurate they are, as they're mostly English Twitter retreads, but if that's the case, I don't really blame him. The turmoil from some of the transition, along with not having time to setup how you want to setup, or pick players, along with pressure to win is a difficult ask for a very inexperienced manager.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
On managerial stuff, I have to think Eddie Howe is going to get whacked soon. They just look like they're out of ideas and aren't playing for him. He's fallen way down when you consider he was the toast of media and the next 'tactical' guy when he first came up. I give him credit for sticking to how he wants to play, but at some point, they might need to throw it long and hope for the best.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
could be worse.

Let's see how we play under him. Suarez out is huge in a bad way
One thing I'm weary of the appointment is the end product. His Betis team was a joy to watch however they lacked goals, I'm sure a lot of it had to do with having bad strikers but its a question mark for Setien. Lo celso scored most of their goals so, it might be just a lack of a good striker and not tactics. We'll see... one thing is for sure it will be better footy than Valverde. So, I'm content for now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
One thing I'm weary of the appointment is the end product. His Betis team was a joy to watch however they lacked goals, I'm sure a lot of it had to do with having bad strikers but its a question mark for Setien. Lo celso scored most of their goals so, it might be just a lack of a good striker and not tactics. We'll see... one thing is for sure it will be better footy than Valverde. So, I'm content for now.

Shouldn't be nearly as much of an issue imo. Griez and Messi will be the main scorers and they have great finishing ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad