Managerial merry go round part II

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Amazed it took this long for it to be official, but there it is. Looks like Sarri should be official soon enough. I'd have rathered Laurent Blanc, due to a personal distaste for Sarri, but that's the way it goes.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Amazed it took this long for it to be official, but there it is. Looks like Sarri should be official soon enough. I'd have rathered Laurent Blanc, due to a personal distaste for Sarri, but that's the way it goes.

I didn't even know that such a thing was possible with how beautiful his football is

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
TF is going on at Chelsea? Way too late for that to happen. They'd better announce someone on Monday.
This was always going to happen, but Sarri and Conte both had complicated contract situations where lawyers had to be involved to sort through.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Just confirmed, he's gone.

Gets USD 2 mil in compensation (less than the 8.6 he was entitled to, but especially considering they already had to buy him out of his Sevilla contract to get him in the first place...)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Gets USD 2 mil in compensation (less than the 8.6 he was entitled to, but especially considering they already had to buy him out of his Sevilla contract to get him in the first place...)
He paid out of the contract IIRC.

Honestly, he's been dragged through the mud and deserved better. While, he his record was abysmal. He left a good job and came to the aid of his NT while they were a complete mess and still are. I have to give him respect for that. More than Simeone and fatboy anyway.

Reactions: cgf

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Seeing Sarri joining Chelsea is killing me.

Why?

I love it. Now City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs will play decent football among the top teams (Arsenal we´ll see). Makes the PL much more entertaining. And if Silva can get Everton going this could end up being the best season ever in terms of entertainment and good football.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Why?

I love it. Now City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs will play decent football among the top teams (Arsenal we´ll see). Makes the PL much more entertaining. And if Silva can get Everton going this could end up being the best season ever in terms of entertainment and good football.

Well, I've been watching Napoli rather extensively because of him. I refuse to do the same with Chelsea.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Haha. Fair enough. I have become a bit PL centric on my older days (used to watch a lot more from Italy, Spain, France and Germany 10 years ago).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad