Managerial merry go round part II

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Nawalka (Poland) and Ramirez (Costa Rica) the latest World Cup managers to get the sack. They are joined by Cuper (Egypt) who was sacked about a week ago.

Big rumors out of Japan that Klinsmann will take over the NT

Peruvian FA trying to convince Gareca to stay but it appears Argentina are looking to lure him

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Jesse Marsch is headed to Leipzig in some capacity (speculation is as interim coach for this season). Dennis Hamlet was running our practice today so yeah, he's gone. Only question is does he have one last match Saturday as a farewell at the baseball stadium vs 914 United?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Why is Nagelsmann taking over in 2019 and not immediately?

Jesse Marsch is headed to Leipzig in some capacity (speculation is as interim coach for this season). Dennis Hamlet was running our practice today so yeah, he's gone. Only question is does he have one last match Saturday as a farewell at the baseball stadium vs 914 United?
Apparently not

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why is Nagelsmann taking over in 2019 and not immediately?

Apparently not

Because he promised Hoppenheim that he'd stay for another year after Bayern went full Pejorative Slur & signed Kovac instead.

Though Ragnick was announced as the interim manager, Masch is apparently getting that position instead.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And they are both stepping aside for Naglesmann in a year?

There's no mention of what'll happen with Marsch or Klauß when Nagelsmann takes over in the article I saw; so I can't say if Marsch will be stepping aside or if Nagelsmann will be taking him onto his own staff.

I'd think that what happens with Rose in Salzburg could also be a factor...i.e. if Marsch impresses on Ragnick's staff & Salzburg lose Rose next summer, he could be more likely to take over that branch of the operation than stay on in Leipzig to learn from Nagelsmann...although that might be a job for Klauß, the Leipzig U19 coach who will also be Rangnick's co-trainer.

But that's just me thinking out loud

EDIT:
Here's the tweet btw

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And they are both stepping aside for Naglesmann in a year?

Jesse Marsch bleibt unter Nagelsmann: Die neuen Trainer bei RB Leipzig

So no clue about how credible this is but it seems to be quoting Rangnick and he talks about Marsch not speaking german or knowing the BuLi & it's players, and how that has made it harder for him to take over as the interim coach until Nagelsmann.

Which is why Rangnick will be the head coach this season & is bringing Klauß up from the U19s to be his co-trainer as well. They want Marsch to get to know the club, the league & the language; as their plan is for him to continue on as a part of Nagelsmann's staff...a plan that apparently has Nagelsmann's blessing, although the quotes are all from Rangnick...because they really rate his potential as a coach.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Honestly Marsch is a fantastic coach. He's one of the smartest in the MLS and they have some pretty good coaches. I'm surprised he's not going to Salzburg to prove himself a little bit but he will do well in a bigger league.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Honestly Marsch is a fantastic coach. He's one of the smartest in the MLS and they have some pretty good coaches. I'm surprised he's not going to Salzburg to prove himself a little bit but he will do well in a bigger league.

Salzburg managed to hold onto Rose this year despite some bigger clubs pursuing him. So nothing against Marsch but they weren't going to push Rose out for some kid from the MLS who doesn't even speak german yet.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Very interesting to see what Luis Enrique does with Spain. A lot of variables there and I see some rough waters ahead at the very least in terms of his relationship with the press and possibly the players.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
It's about time, we're so close to starting the season and we've done nothing in the transfer market. I'd have been fine with Conte staying as long as that decision was made firmly 8 weeks ago and he was able to dictate our summer spending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad