Management Thread: Weisileaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
When will Jim emerge from is Bunker?

Meanwhile his team is a stinking pile of pig sh*t and only the head coach is available to face the music.

Embarrassing leadership from the top, nothing new,.... who needs a President of hockey Ops anyways?

Somewhere in the lower mainland John Weisbrod is sharpening his knife waiting for the moment.

It really is brutal. The ownership/management of this team are such cowards, especially when you consider how soft the media is here compared to other Canadian markets.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
It really is brutal. The ownership/management of this team are such cowards, especially when you consider how soft the media is here compared to other Canadian markets.
Well to be a fair if the number 1 guy In charge of hockey ops bombed an interview as bad as Benning did (with softball thrower Ben Kuzma of all people), would you put him back out there?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Well to be a fair if the number 1 guy In charge of hockey ops bombed an interview as bad as Benning did (with softball thrower Ben Kuzma of all people), would you put him back out there?

Well, I assume they heard Benning speak before they hired him so they knew what they were getting. If you don't want your GM to say stupid things, don't hire a stupid GM.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Well, I assume they heard Benning speak before they hired him so they knew what they were getting. If you don't want your GM to say stupid things, don't hire a stupid GM.

... or tell him what to say. Benning has no backbone. A puppet's strings can be pulled to make it dance anyway you want. Aquilini wanted a toy... now play with it.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
... or tell him what to say. Benning has no backbone. A puppet's strings can be pulled to make it dance anyway you want. Aquilini wanted a toy... now play with it.
Benning is the opposite of a puppet- he cant even get rehearsed lines out right.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Any ounce of respect I had for that coward Benning left when he wouldn't even address the fans at the draft here two years ago. Had no problem running to the podium in previous years to announce the pick, but too scared of a negative reaction to even say a word to the fans here.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Whoever the new GM is has to prioritize rebuilding the defence. I'd seriously move Miller for a high-end young D-man before his asset value starts to go down in the next year or so. Sell high and reallocate the cap on the back end.

Plus the expansion draft which is prime pickings for a team like us with really not that many truly valuable players to protect.

Would also call up guys like Rathbone, Woo etc. to see what we actually have in the pipeline. Maybe get Tryamkin over on a cheap deal if possible. This season doesn't have to be a waste... but only if we let it by allowing the morons in management hang around.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Imagine how bad we'd be without Sutter, Erkisson, Beagle, Roussel etc mentorship?

I just don't understand how this team has underperformed so badly.

We had such stars as Burmistrov. Gagner, Spooner, Gudbranson, Grandlund, and Sbisa come in and flatline. Gudbranson was the biggest head scratcher. BIG SIZE and drafted 3rd overall! How did that fail?

Highly touted prospects like Vey, Pedan, Leipsec and Etem didn't perform.

Man, Jim Benning has had such bad luck.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
You can only conclude that Ownership must be using the Franchise's devaluation by over 300M over the past 7 years and annual losses it endures as a result of missing the playoffs most years, to offset its revenues elsewhere in the blueberry and pumpkin patch.

How else can a business person rationalize their operations?

Reactions: ekimbo

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Interesting thought on the Vancast today. Drance used to work in PR for the Panthers and kind of implied that Benning will be doing media at some point soon but they're trying to find a "safe" time to do it like after the team has won a couple of games in a row.

The problem is.. you need to win a couple of games in a row.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I just don't understand how this team has underperformed so badly.

We had such stars as Burmistrov. Gagner, Spooner, Gudbranson, Grandlund, and Sbisa come in and flatline. Gudbranson was the biggest head scratcher. BIG SIZE and drafted 3rd overall! How did that fail?

Highly touted prospects like Vey, Pedan, Leipsec and Etem didn't perform.

Man, Jim Benning has had such bad luck.
Jethro Bodine blamed 'Time'!

Reactions: Foundational Player

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Interesting thought on the Vancast today. Drance used to work in PR for the Panthers and kind of implied that Benning will be doing media at some point soon but they're trying to find a "safe" time to do it like after the team has won a couple of games in a row.

If that is true then it confirms that Jim Benning isn't going anywhere.

Franchise badly needs a sale.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

Aye, there's the rub

December5th

Feb 5, 2021
victoria

he will settle on 1 game in a row

Dab

Apr 17, 2017

Lol imagine being Jim Bennings communications or PR person... talk about frustrating jobs

Reactions: Intoewsables

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor

This reminds me of the "It's only 14 games!!" wailing in the media and on Twitter when people wanted to fire the GM after seven years of mismanagement. Like, is this a press conference for goldfish?

If they're nursing a 1-0 lead at the intermission, that's the time to do it. Sorry iMac, you're bumped. Jim is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad