Management Thread: Weisileaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Dregher: Canucks prioritizing re-signing Pearson.

Uhhhh yeah, that definitely should be the priority.

Pearson:

tenor.gif

Reactions: mossey3535 and PM

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Dregher: Canucks prioritizing re-signing Pearson.

Uhhhh yeah, that definitely should be the priority.

Pearson will be Benning's Koskinen contract.

Absolutely sickening.

Pearson has been garbage for a year and should be getting fired out of a cannon at the deadline. Incredibly, we could probably get a decent asset that we could use to help dump the Roussel contract but nope. 100% a Koskinen/Manning situation.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Figures.

It doesn't even cross their mind to capitalize on an asset.

They are just clinging to whatever value that can help them win right now.

In classic Benning fashion, he's probably thinking 'DUH THE GUYS DIDN'T LIKE IT WHEN TANEV AND TOFFOLI DIDN'T COME BACK SO WE GOTTA MAKE SURE WE BRING BACK PEARSON TO KEEP THE ROOM GOOD' while not understanding that Tanev and Toffoli were actual good players and that Pearson has been total garbage for a year now.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
100% a Koskinen/Manning situation.

Oh yeah, Manning too that year. Man talk about leaving a turd on the doorstep on your way out the door...and then lighting it on fire.

That being said, I don't believe Darren Dreger has any credibility in this market (if anything he's a management shill) and I can't believe that the Aquilinis, who vetoed a Virtanen trade over $800K cash, are willing to trust a UFA extension of Pearson to Benning at this juncture.

Reactions: mossey3535

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
In classic Benning fashion, he's probably thinking 'DUH THE GUYS DIDN'T LIKE IT WHEN TANEV AND TOFFOLI DIDN'T COME BACK SO WE GOTTA MAKE SURE WE BRING BACK PEARSON TO KEEP THE ROOM GOOD' while not understanding that Tanev and Toffoli were actual good players and that Pearson has been total garbage for a year now.

Same logic applies to any possible trade asset: if they're playing well and give themselves any value, we gotta keep this guy so we can win in the playoffs! If they're playing poorly, we gotta trade this guy at the absolute pit of their value.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Why do I see a Benning on Empty on this, @Jyrki21 ?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Oh yeah, Manning too that year. Man talk about leaving a turd on the doorstep on your way out the door...and then lighting it on fire.

That being said, I don't believe Darren Dreger has any credibility in this market (if anything he's a management shill) and I can't believe that the Aquilinis, who vetoed a Virtanen trade over $800K cash, are willing to trust a UFA extension of Pearson to Benning at this juncture.

The Chiarelli situation was nuts. Basically completely wasted almost $7 million in cap space on Koskinen/Manning in his last couple months in charge for Holland to have to deal with.

Insanity. And despite that incredibly recent example, we're going to go through the exact same thing.

You have more confidence than I do that Benning isn't being allowed to negotiate extensions.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
We win tonight 3-1 against the Leafs

Benning in his interview tomorrow:

“we beat the Leafs last night, so like, we feel like we’re right there and competing. Resigning Pearson is really gonna, like, help with the standings. We’re right there.”

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Lets see if I can hit Benning's excuse list for tomorrow:

-Pandemic
-Flat Cap
-Hamonic, Motte injuries
-Slow start because Miller on the Covid list
-New players on the team, short training camp
-Short off-season after playoff run
-Schedule, played lots of games
-Haven't practiced much

Am I missing anything? And yes, pretty much all of these apply to the rest of the league as well.

Edit, additional add:
-A reference to how the team is "only" so many points out of the playoffs and ignoring the games played differential
Don’t forget how Benning loves the depth of the team! That’s his big win, the depth he has acquired. Hopefully he mentions something about it tomorrow

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Don’t forget how Benning loves the depth of the team! That’s his big win, the depth he has acquired. Hopefully he mentions something about it tomorrow

*checks calendar*

It's March, so I think that means it's time for Benning's annual 'injuries/not enough depth' excuse as opposed to his annual October 'we have so much depth, not like last year' claims.

hookshott

Dec 13, 2016

Too logical!

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
My assumption is that this is a rare smart move by management/ownership to up the bidding price by telling everyone they’d rather keep him.

I don’t think there’s a f***ing chance in hell that Aquilini is allowing him to sign anyone to a multiyear deal at this point.

Reactions: mossey3535 and mail

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I seem to recall people discounting the Hamhuis signing because he was from BC and wanted to play here anyways.

Hamhuis signing was an absolute steal of a deal though compared to most other recent home town discounts. Can’t believe we had a defenseman of his caliber for 4.5 that whole time. If he doesn’t get injured in the finals we’d have a cup.

mail

Mar 2, 2021
My assumption is that this is a rare smart move by management/ownership to up the bidding price by telling everyone they’d rather keep him.

I don’t think there’s a f***ing chance in hell that Aquilini is allowing him to sign anyone to a multiyear deal at this point.
Exactly the way I see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: