Management Thread: Weisileaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So when the pain of Benning/Brod is finally over, who might we get?
Would Gillis actually come back? Would Gilman?

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The old management thread is almost at 1000, and it has been my lifelong dream to start one with a funny title.

The Skate: Exegesis | The Chronicle Herald
John Weisbrod - Wikipedia

There is the some info of the history of John Weisbrod's Wikipedia history that Lindgren was looking for.

Remember:

No Flaming. That's a paddlin
No Trolling. That's a paddlin.
No Spamming. Better believe that's a paddlin.

I'd missed that story about Weisbrod's wikipedia history. It's very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: Bojack Horvatman

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
To be fair, mcavoy and chychrun were typically graded outside of the top 10 while juolevi and sergachev more often than not showed up inside those top 10 list

of course though our special brand of moron managed to still pick wrong if it absolutely had to be one of the top couple of d
McAvoy yes. Chychrun no. At one point Chychrun we ranked 2nd overall. He was absolutely in the top 10 mix.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
To be fair, mcavoy and chychrun were typically graded outside of the top 10 while juolevi and sergachev more often than not showed up inside those top 10 list

of course though our special brand of moron managed to still pick wrong if it absolutely had to be one of the top couple of d
We should have picked the player we all thought we were going to, Matt Tkatchuk. Always take the best player, especially so high in the draft. If we don’t like his character, then trade him later on (like Benning did with McCann) for a d man. Of course identify a d man who can actually skate, handle the puck, and think better than a carrot.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
McAvoy yes. Chychrun no. At one point Chychrun we ranked 2nd overall. He was absolutely in the top 10 mix.
Could i be thinking of him being really highly rated super early, then falling to his draft neighbourhood over time? Otherwise I remembered his story wrong.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
We should have picked the player we all thought we were going to, Matt Tkatchuk. Always take the best player, especially so high in the draft. If we don’t like his character, then trade him later on (like Benning did with McCann) for a d man. Of course identify a d man who can actually skate, handle the puck, and think better than a carrot.
Tkachuk for sure was the no brainer pick. And the man without a brain still flubbed it. :laugh:

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Could i be thinking of him being really highly rated super early, then falling to his draft neighbourhood over time? Otherwise I remembered his story wrong.
You’re right. The poster is failing to mention that Chychrun hadn’t been ranked that high in months and was ranked outside the top ten by nearly everyone predraft.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
You’re right. The poster is failing to mention that Chychrun hadn’t been ranked that high in months and was ranked outside the top ten by nearly everyone predraft.

Bob Mckenzie's final rankings had Chychrun at 13. He wrote that three out of ten scouts had him in their top ten. (Nine out of ten scouts had Juolevi in the top ten.)

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Bob Mckenzie's final rankings had Chychrun at 13. He wrote that three out of ten scouts had him in their top ten. (Nine out of ten scouts had Juolevi in the top ten.)
And 10 out of 10 scouts (including ours) had Tkatchuk ahead of Juiolevi. But we all know what Benning did at the draft.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

2016 NHL Draft Rankings

14 different rankings and his average ranking was 9.9.

Some people had him as high as 4th, Button had him 17th. Claiming he was ‘ranked outside of the top 10 by nearly everyone’ is false.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
2016 NHL Draft Rankings

14 different rankings and his average ranking was 9.9.

Some people had him as high as 4th, Button had him 17th. Claiming he was ‘ranked outside of the top 10 by nearly everyone’ is false.

Wasn’t Chychrun a faller headed into the draft, though? I seem to remember him starting that season in a lot of lists’ top 5 or so, but his ranking slipped a bit as the year went on (to the delight of the Coyotes).

Reactions: Fedz and geebaan

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Wasn’t Chychrun a faller headed into the draft, though? I seem to remember him starting that season in a lot of lists’ top 5 or so, but his ranking slipped a bit as the year went on (to the delight of the Coyotes).

He was definitely a faller, yes. Was a top-5 pick all year and then made a couple mistakes at the U-18s and scouts overreacted to a small sample size.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Watch when he gets picked on YouTube. He dropped from a bad top prospects game lol. That’s what John Shannon said on the broadcast.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I seem to remember Juolevi generally (but not exclusively) being the top ranked defenceman, with scouts consensus being that he was a very high floor choice due to his smooth skating, high hockey IQ and great breakout pass.

Tkachuk was the consensus, but if you weren't going to choose Tkachuk for whatever reason, Juolevi was right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad