Management Thread: Weisileaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
He’s a victim of his own success, just like Ted Nolan was. But if you piss off people with your smug attitude you ain’t gonna make it far in this business.
Ted Nolan got blackballed because he tried to get his GM fired. Not really the same thing.

Best 5 year period in team history is a failure because it only won 15 playoffs games instead of 16.

unbelievable take.

that’s a spoiled fan take.
Yet last year's "run" (i.e. one playoff round) was "magical", remember.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Thanks! I'm a big Barca fan, so this was a long time coming. Even the biggest clubs in the world can be easily dismantled by politics, and interpersonal disputes. They had the best player in the world, the best team in the world and the best coach in the world for years, and let it all rot for the glory of themselves.

There are some similarities here with the Canucks. We once had the best team in the league. 2 Presidents Trophies. The best player on the planet at the time. And we pissed it all away in 7 years of mismanagement and bad ownership, all for the vainglory of Aqua and Benning.
You must be the Canucks plant, no? :D

Reactions: Bubbles

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ted Nolan got blackballed because he tried to get his GM fired. Not really the same thing.

And Benning will still be hired after he’s done in Vancouver, Nolan hasn’t done shit since being fired with the Islanders.

Nolan was trying to get OG OBC member John Muckler fired, you know who’s he connected with?

Reactions: Bubbles

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
And Benning will still be hired after he’s done in Vancouver, Nolan hasn’t done shit since being fired with the Islanders.

Benning will be brought in to a front office because he's an "old school hockey guy" with plenty of friends around the league. But he will never be a GM again. No owner in their right mind will look at what Benning did here for 7 years and conclude that he did a good enough job to earn another GM job.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I'm pretty sure I know who Weisbrod is on here, but every time I post it the mods delete it ... fair enough :biglaugh:

Tbh it would be stupid for an organization as big as the Canucks not to play the media manipulation game, and that includes social media. As long as it's just run-of-the-mill astroturfing, and not like, targeted harassment, I think you have to live with it. A reminder not to take social media too seriously.

Would love a Barca-like reckoning to come to our front office though...for whatever reason the thought of Benning/Weisbrod in prison warms my soul...

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I'm pretty sure I know who Weisbrod is on here, but every time I post it the mods delete it ... fair enough :biglaugh:

Tbh it would be stupid for an organization as big as the Canucks not to play the media manipulation game, and that includes social media. As long as it's just run-of-the-mill astroturfing, and not like, targeted harassment, I think you have to live with it. A reminder not to take social media too seriously.

Would love a Barca-like reckoning to come to our front office though...for whatever reason the thought of Benning/Weisbrod in prison warms my soul...

It's funny, HF Boards actually precedes social media as we know it. This place was here before FB, Twitter, reddit, Insta...whatever. We're a relic of the early internet age, an actual forum with actual discussion.

I'm not naive to think that the Canucks don't have people here (all those 1 post users). But we've been pretty objective here for a long time unlike CDC which is a propaganda forum and reddit, which just recently swung to the anti-Benning side.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC

Okay, now I'm dying to know, PM me what you're thinking!

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It's funny, HF Boards actually precedes social media as we know it. This place was here before FB, Twitter, reddit, Insta...whatever. We're a relic of the early internet age, an actual forum with actual discussion.

I'm not naive to think that the Canucks don't have people here (all those 1 post users). But we've been pretty objective here for a long time unlike CDC which is a propaganda forum and reddit, which just recently swung to the anti-Benning side.

I used to believe this until last summer.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017

And ted Nolan wasn’t the first and won’t be the last coach to try and get his GM fired but he suffered a harsher consequence because of racism. That’s pretty clear.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
And ted Nolan wasn’t the first and won’t be the last coach to try and get his GM fired but he suffered a harsher consequence because of racism. That’s pretty clear.

Didn't he sleep with one of the player's wives somewhere along the line? Pretty good way to lose the room...

moog35

Jul 25, 2007

How is it clear that he suffered harsher consequences because of race? He had 2 other coaching stints with limited success

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Food for thought:

Police search Barcelona's stadium, detain several people

This confirms that several hiugh profile clubs use their media influence to manipulate the masses. Barcelona was caught, but many more will follow. This is something I've been claiming for years, and yes, this management group have been on this for several years. Reddit, CDC, Twitter, and even here (yes BuddJacket, I know you are here too, and you will get caught and out of a job soon enough).

Remember when some news that put an owner and/or GM in a bad light is answered with a concerted narrative with an almost perfect reaction? Now you know the reason.
All social media has been getting heavily astroturfed for years, this isn't new.

The only thing that's changing is the reach. At the beginning it was on more heavily densified areas of the internet and it would come and go depending on current events. Now it's literally everywhere, all the time. Old school forums with entrenched communities like this one are generally less hit by it compared to more heavily populated mainstream platforms.

Food for thought guys - a few years ago China invested 300 million dollars into reddit, a platform that makes very little money on direct advertising and has very little ability to increase that in the foreseeable future.

Forget the name of the country there and the current political climate for a minute, it doesn't matter and isn't relevant and I don't want anyone to dwell on that.

Just think about the fact that a world government foresees a 9 figure return on investment into a social media platform that can't ever become profitable... And that's the money that's out in the open.

Billion dollar NHL franchises would be stupid not to be astroturfing on social media with how much money is at stake and how few posters it takes to sway a narrative.

Last edited:

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Is there any proof of this, though? I don't doubt he has faced racism throughout his career and that the internet rumor mill can be horribly toxic but, to my knowledge, it hasn't really be proven that that's the reason he was blackballed.

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Sorry, was refering to trying to get the GM fired and Cherry never coached again either. The old boys club, do they wear hoodies?
How about "It's hard to soar like an eagle when surrounded by turkeys" Cherry.

Reactions: Dab

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

cdc does this all time and they are in the front office, I Know forsure

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
If anyone who even semi-regularly posts here really thinks online astroturfing hasn't happened in here during the Benning regime...I really don't know what to tell you.
Generally people struggle picturing people in positions of authority/celebrity as being normal humans who do normal human things. If I suggest that the players are aware of these message boards and actively read them, some people act like that is some flat-earther type conspiracy theory.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If anyone who even semi-regularly posts here really thinks online astroturfing hasn't happened in here during the Benning regime...I really don't know what to tell you.
NO LOL THEY DONT HAVE TIME TO TALK TO US LOSERS! Delusional!!!

.. even though professional athletes and management/ownership have a track record of doing exactly this in every sport..

BUT NO PC you’re crazy!!

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

It also can't just be a coincidence that the propaganda accounts are more prominent during the offseason when there's downtime. Remember Bob Long spending like 5 pages on here arguing that Eriksson had positive value? Insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad