Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
4zhh9p.jpg

In b4 "no one is saying this."

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I recall her predicting the Canucks would sign Johan Hedberg. It was quite random but she nailed it. Could have been pure luck though (my buddy predicted the Seattle Mariners would sign Al Martin way back when, and that ended up becoming true. Was nothing more than pure luck). Since then she's been quite vague, I will give you that.

I created a fake twitter back in 2010 mocking Ekland because I was so sick of his threads on the main boards and called Seidenberg to Boston for 4 years. I literally just got a random player, team and term deal and tweeted it. 2 days later...it happened. Being vague can better the probabilities of anything coming to fruition.

Also sources are a tricky thing. I knew someone in the Whitecaps for a few years. First few years seemed to be spot on but his reliability took a huge it all the sudden. Always assumed management caught on and fed their personnel pure bs towards the end.

I believe HW knew details from within. They knew about the the internal chaos in 2005-06. Though I believe their source was either fired or a player that was traded away or left unsigned in 2008.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Even though you call them... "creepy 50 year old incels"... they don't hate you!

Trust me, they're good friends of mine, I should know.

Chill man, the LOL thread is just a spot to goof around a little...

Back on topic, looking at the big picture, I think Jim Benning is doing a fantastic job!

As I told 50 Sheas, IMO he will no doubt one day go into the HHOF (Builder category).

You'll see!

PEACE

ba2c67fcf810ea6aada3c967368440bd.gif

Reactions: geebaan

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Back on track

Oh my god...just please don't. If he pulls off a trade, it will further cement the fact that he has Aquilini's full support.

I could see him trading a prospect and a 2nd or a 1st for a rental like Kyle Palmieri.

Last edited:

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Back on track

Oh my god...just please don't. If he pulls off a trade, it will further cement the fact that he has Aquilini's full support.

I could see him trading a prospect and a 2nd or a 1st for a rental like Kyle Palmieri.

OMG...Benning thinks the Canucks can still make the playoffs? :pullhair:

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Jim's draft pick transactions in the top 4 rounds during his 7 years where the team has only made the playoffs twice:

1st round: acquired 1, traded 1

2nd round: acquired 2, traded 5

3rd round: acquired 3, traded 5

4th round: acquired 2, traded 4

Has netted away 7 draft picks in the top 4 rounds during his tenure.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
OMG...Benning thinks the Canucks can still make the playoffs? :pullhair:

He's looking for a top 9 forward under the age of 25. Not a top 6 forward, but top 9 forward...

The calls are going like this:

Benning: "Hey Dubas, it's Jim here...now I know I asked about about that Nylander kid. We have Virtanen available. Just want to see where we are at with this. Call me back when you can."

Dubas: *delete vm*

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Even though you call them... "creepy 50 year old incels"... they don't hate you!

Back on topic, looking at the big picture, I think Jim Benning is doing a fantastic job!

As I told 50 Sheas, IMO he will no doubt one day go into the HHOF (Builder category).

You'll see!

PEACE
We definitely need a puke emoji.
Not that you’re post is puke worthy, of course. I’m just saying we need a PUKE EMOJI.
I like Benning too. He seems like a “real good” guy.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Jim's draft pick transactions in the top 4 rounds during his 7 years where the team has only made the playoffs twice:

1st round: acquired 1, traded 1

2nd round: acquired 2, traded 5

3rd round: acquired 3, traded 5

4th round: acquired 2, traded 4

Has netted away 7 draft picks in the top 4 rounds during his tenure.
Which is so philosophically wrong to do during a rebuild it’s actually unbelievable our owner was on board with this.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

You'll see!

PEACE

To your credit, I actually have no idea if this is some sort of performance art piece where you're trolling yourself or if you're actually serious somehow.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Is your opinion on Benning based on what you actually think, or a sunk cost fallacy in being unwilling to change your position after supporting him for so many years? My guess is the latter.
I came here from another forum (not the one in question here though) because it was all milk and honey there, and I saw different. Coming here, and reading really good posters helped me accept our team was actually going the wrong direction, and instead of milk and honey it was the land of vinegar and manure.
#free Benning.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
So Pierre got a call from Jimbo telling him how he's looking for a top 9 forward. lmao

It's so pathetically transparent

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
They are trying to buy when they have have about a 4% chance of making the playoffs. Unbelievable.

The incentives for both coach and GM are both completely wrong right now. We're done, we should be selling now and seeing what we have in guys like Michaelis, MacEwan, Rafferty, Rathbone, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad