Management Thread: Weisileaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Back on track

Oh my god...just please don't. If he pulls off a trade, it will further cement the fact that he has Aquilini's full support.

I could see him trading a prospect and a 2nd or a 1st for a rental like Kyle Palmieri.

I absolutely love - and am also entirely unsurprised to learn - that they've identified "young top 9 forward" as the area of urgent deficiency for this team.

Last edited:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Mostly it's just fun to watch them wind themselves up and then produce easily the most campy trash talk I've ever seen. Imagine being in your 50s and talking like that. I feel bad for them.

The more y'all talk about that place, it . . . feels like home <sniff>

6A3q.gif

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
You’re a billionaire ?

If someone is a billionaire and they are genuinely worried about their finances, they've either been stupid enough to not set aside money to be fine regardless of anything that could possibly happen, or they are worried about an inability to amass more money than the grotesque amount that they already possess.

No, billionaires do not have to worry if they're going to be okay in a market downturn.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
It wouldn't surprise me one iota if Benning thinks because we're 4 points back we can still make the playoffs. When in reality because of things like math, we will need to play at 100 point pace just to be a bubble team.

You are probably right. And that is the problem with former hockey players who missed 50% of their high school math classes because they were riding the bus to play WHL games being put in charge of an nhl franchise.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
I absolutely love - and am also entirely unsurprised to learn - that they've identified "young top 9 forward" as the area of urgent deficiency for this team.
Breaking news, 31 NHL teams looking for “young top 9 forwards”

Reactions: geebaan

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Is your opinion on Benning based on what you actually think, or a sunk cost fallacy in being unwilling to change your position after supporting him for so many years? My guess is the latter.

It is absolutely the latter, as I suspect is the case with many people. A lot of people went 100% all in with their Benning fandom that it's hard for some to admit they were wrong. I respect those who do admit they were wrong though.

I just can't wait for the day Benning is finally fired and we can all get excited about who the fresh voice will be for the team.

Reactions: Intoewsables

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Jeff Paterson just suggested burning off a year and let Podkolzin play. Talk about horrible asset management. Bring him for 5 meaningless games instead of riding a full season of him.

Reactions: LordBacon

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
If someone is a billionaire and they are genuinely worried about their finances, they've either been stupid enough to not set aside money to be fine regardless of anything that could possibly happen, or they are worried about an inability to amass more money than the grotesque amount that they already possess.

No, billionaires do not have to worry if they're going to be okay in a market downturn.
Billionaires wouldn’t be billionaires if they weren’t worried about their money

SamInVan

Dec 5, 2016
VanCity
Jim Benning is on the phone with Goldobin's agent as we speak.

Aquaman is hoping a signed Petey reverse retro and life supply of blueberries will get the deal done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad