Management Discussion | Just Have a Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Im thinking after some of his public comments the PR dept thought it best he doesnt speak in public again
They should have tapped Weisbrod then to do it, or a suitable replacement.

Instead of the embarrassing situation of trotting a lame duck coach out to answer for everything from covid to Virtanen's legal troubles.

Reactions: racerjoe and Vector

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017

Instead of the embarrassing situation of trotting a lame duck coach out to answer for everything from covid to Virtanen's legal troubles.
Or Miller having to vent in public about that ridiculous bubble schedule they were dealt with

Reactions: racerjoe and rypper

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

Or trotting out Steamer to answer a Q&A with season ticket holders.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
The more I think about Allvin's "we are building" comment the more frustrated I get. Every NHL team gets 7 picks a year. Everyone's building by default. A cardboard pinup in an empty NHL office is building because even that gets 7 picks at the draft.

What are you doing to get ahead of the competition?
I can get why you are frustrated with it but his comment is just a polite way of saying no comment. There aren’t that many different wants to build a hockey team in this capped league, it’s not really about plan and all about execution. There is zero benefit for them to communicate how they plan to execute. If they say oh we plan to improve the D by making a lot of trades like the one they did with 3rd for Marino ones. Saying that out loud will make it more difficult for them to execute because no GMs wants to be on the other end of a Marino for a 3rd trade. Saying oh we plan to pump Boeser’s value before trading him is going to hurt their ability to trade him. Saying they want to dump garland, Myers or whoever is going to make it harder.
Ambiguity sucks for us fans but it is probably something they need because of how many pieces they need to replace. If the opposing GM has doubts whether Allvin values Garland(or whoever) or not and he needs to pay full price to get Garland is what all of us as fans would want as a result.

Like the whole hockey world thinks the Canucks are trying not to tank. Well if they come out and say they are going to tank now, what will happen to the price of all our trade pieces? It’s gonna f***ing crater.

Reactions: MarkMM and DS7

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I imagine that interview

JR; Hey Rick how are going?
Rick: good, good, I'm feeling very well thanks to a very structured life

JR: how the family
Rick: excellent, is going very well, when the family structure is strong it is just success after success

JR: Nice house by the way
Rick: yes, all down the the excellent structure and organisation

Tocchet probably used the word structure in every sentence during the interview

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I imagine that interview

JR; Hey Rick how are going?
Rick: good, good, I'm feeling very well thanks to a very structured life

JR: how the family
Rick: excellent, is going very well, when the family structure is strong it is just success after success

JR: Nice house by the way
Rick: yes, all down the the excellent structure and organisation

Tocchet probably used the word structure in every sentence during the interview
When sports franchises aren’t pathetic jokes cruelly perpetrated upon us, words like “culture” and “structure” are boring industry terms that become cliche over time.

In Vancouver they are memes.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
This is pretty sloppy. There’s already a perfect idiom for most every recent Canuck move in “rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.” Time tested, as well.

This is my filter for how clever and accurate and discerning trashing of the Canucks need be for me to approve:

1673819583341.jpeg

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
All decisions seem to either come from Rutherford or Aquilini. Even this whole Rick Tocchet nonsense. Patrik Allvin is the most invisible general manager that this organization has ever had.

Even though Benning was terrible, he at least would show up for interviews or would be involved in the decisions regarding the team. Allvin is nowhere to be found. He seems like he's just a placeholder for Rutherford to make decisions behind.

Yeah, no matter what you think of this management group Benning wasn't even around as other have been saying. I don't know what you were remembering.

This is a terrible analogy. I hate everything that is going on with the coaching right now. The way Bruce is currently coaching, the way the team handled him this summer, they way they are handling this current looking at other coaches, changing a coach right now (just ride out the season) who it looks like we are hiring. All of it is garbage.

But having a good coach makes such a difference in every single way. If we are using the covid analogy its like treating covid outbreaks by wearing masks and distancing... it makes a big difference but if more steps aren't taken you will still get hit with huge losses.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Canucks roster if Benning was building for 2022-23 in 2019-20. No stupid panic moves, overpriced vets or buyouts.

Kuz Pete Miller
Mik Horvat Guenter
Pearson studnicka Boeser
Joshua Lazar Pod
Hoggy

Hughes Tanev
Romanov Marino
Dermott Bear
Schenn

Demko Martin

22 man roster, needs a 3C.
Cap hit: $69.9m

It's it a perfect roster? Nope, the 3rd line needs more offensive depth but the D looks good for many years to come but they have cap, they can move Boeser (1 year deal) for more. How nice would McCann and Forsling look.

Reactions: MarkMM

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Canucks roster if Benning was building for 2022-23 in 2019-20. No stupid panic moves, overpriced vets or buyouts.

Kuz Pete Miller
Mik Horvat Guenter
Pearson studnicka Boeser
Joshua Lazar Pod
Hoggy

Hughes Tanev
Romanov Marino
Dermott Bear
Schenn

Demko Martin

It's it a perfect roster? Nope, the 3rd line needs more offensive depth but the D looks good for many years to come but they have cap, they can move Boeser (1 year deal) for more. How nice would McCann and Forsling look.
Why do you torture yourself with this?

Aren't you suffering enough?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Kuz Pete Miller
Mik Horvat Guenter
Pearson studnicka Boeser
Joshua Lazar Pod
Hoggy

Hughes Tanev
Romanov Marino
Dermott Bear
Schenn

Demko Martin

Kuz - Petey - Nylander
Tkachuk - Horvat - DeBrincat
Mik - McCann - Toffoli
Joshua - Lazar - Guenther

Hughes - Tanev
Forsling - Andersson
Dermott - Bear

Demko
Martin

There, I ruined it

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
So the rumour is they want win now players in return for Horvat and Schenn… that’s a huge mistake because in a Horvat trade you’re not getting a better player in return, this idea to get win now players is nothing more than ego driven so they can justify their stupidity in re-signing Miller. If this is the move they make I don’t know how I can go forward with this idiotic management group.

Reactions: quat and LordBacon

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
what is the logic with selling rentals for win now players?
How TF does that make any sense??

I’m not even arguing if that’s what I think is the right direction for the team or not. This is some of the most stupid shit I’ve read in a while.

Oh and most importantly

f*** YOU FRANCESCO AQUALINI

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
So the rumour is they want win now players in return for Horvat and Schenn… that’s a huge mistake because in a Horvat trade you’re not getting a better player in return, this idea to get win now players is nothing more than ego driven so they can justify their stupidity in re-signing Miller. If this is the move they make I don’t know how I can go forward with this idiotic management group.

We've been through this before. See: The Kesler trade. If they are after that type of trade, you can expect that type of return. A collection of lower-tier players between 25-28 years of age. They will trade Horvat for depth.

To quote Brough: "Guys, the magic beans didn't work last time ... but don't worry, these magic beans are different."

Reactions: iFan

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
We've been through this before. See: The Kesler trade. If they are after that type of trade, you can expect that type of return. A collection of lower-tier players between 25-28 years of age. They will trade Horvat for depth.

To quote Brough: "Guys, the magic beans didn't work last time ... but don't worry, these magic beans are different."

The circle of life Canucks

Reactions: TruGr1t
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad