Management Discussion | Just Have a Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
The president should be accompanying the general manager to interview a potential coach, if even that, never mind the owner accompanying the president

Obviously nothing has changed, Allvin is a puppet, and everything is contingent on our manchild of an owner

Reactions: Brookbank

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
100% Agree, I don't know how things can continue 2 be this embarrasing, yet something new happens almost weekly
This is actually the best part. I was afraid it would be a boring mess of mediocrity when they replaced Benning with this crew but instead it’s just endless embarrassment on and off the ice that’s actually entertaining.

Embrace the clown show.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
OffensiveEarnestLiger-max-1mb.gif

cane-fail.gif

54b3a506-3862-446d-9cb9-469759b09950_text.gif

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
All decisions seem to either come from Rutherford or Aquilini. Even this whole Rick Tocchet nonsense. Patrik Allvin is the most invisible general manager that this organization has ever had.

Even though Benning was terrible, he at least would show up for interviews or would be involved in the decisions regarding the team. Allvin is nowhere to be found. He seems like he's just a placeholder for Rutherford to make decisions behind.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
All decisions seem to either come from Rutherford or Aquilini. Even this whole Rick Tocchet nonsense. Patrik Allvin is the most invisible general manager that this organization has ever had.

Even though Benning was terrible, he at least would show up for interviews or would be involved in the decisions regarding the team. Allvin is nowhere to be found. He seems like he's just a placeholder for Rutherford to make decisions behind.
I was going to post "who is the GM anyway?". You kinda summed it up

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

You have to have a reason to write off travel to vacation destinations.

It is hard to believe that Rutherford is making all the decisions.

But IF Tocchet aka "The Bookie" is hired then it is time to look military hardware, tanks.
Can you imagine losing like this if Tocchet was coach with his conviction for gambling? How many games thrown? Benching players for profit.

Don't get looking in the wrong direction I think you had it right with where is Allvin? IMO he is trying to work out a dal with Minnesota of Boeser and a dman for Dumba. Which IMO is absolutely stupid but out there.
That would be going in the wrong direction. Same with hiring The Bookie.

• Haha
Reactions: Brookbank

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
I have no faith in management unless they actually put together a young defense that is championship calibre. I haven't seen any signs that this management realizes just how bad this defense and how they will fix it. Bringing in Dermott or Bear isn't going to magically fix this shit show. Drafting a winger in the 1st round isn't going to fix it. You can bring in a new coach and it won't change a thing. Demko standing on his head isn't reliable long term strategy.

We haven't had a good defense since those president trophy teams and it won't change until management commits to fixing it. Draft/Development/Pro Scouting all have to be part of a solution to finding us three or four stud defenseman. Draft+develop and then one or two sneaky good trades is how you build a defense. The past decade has seen the Canucks spend way too much cap space and draft capital on wingers and bad defenseman. It's been a shitty cycle that needs to end if this organization plans on being a contender in our lifetimes.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Wtf, I know people are unhappy with what the management group is doing but let’s not make shit up.

Benning didn’t f***ing show up for anything for like 2-3 years. Allvin just showed up on like hockey night after we got our asses kicked. We never saw Benning show up in National TV and he avoided any aired interview where he would be the only person.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Wtf, I know people are unhappy with what the management group is doing but let’s not make shit up.

Benning didn’t f***ing show up for anything for like 2-3 years. Allvin just showed up on like hockey night after we got our asses kicked. We never saw Benning show up in National TV and he avoided any aired interview where he would be the only person.

Allvin makes Nonis look charismatic.

Huhu

Nov 28, 2021

I know people are mad but this is absolutely correct. Especially when Benning did not appear at all for the final year after he spent everything to build the final version of his masterplan.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
The more I think about Allvin's "we are building" comment the more frustrated I get. Every NHL team gets 7 picks a year. Everyone's building by default. A cardboard pinup in an empty NHL office is building because even that gets 7 picks at the draft.

What are you doing to get ahead of the competition?

Reactions: Jyrki21 and geebaan

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Yeah, this is a cluster---, but some are red herrings to focus on.

Benning was invisible, and when he was available, he either lied or did nonsensical stuff.

Allvin's crimes are that he's either not on the same page as Rutherford or seems to be a placeholder for Rutherford, depending on the day.

Also critiquing not hearing from AGM's doesn't make sense, they're not supposed to be visible, it's the President and GM that are public facing, other teams don't have AGM's any more public than ours.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017

Im thinking after some of his public comments the PR dept thought it best he doesnt speak in public again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad