Management Discussion | Just Have a Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
if Canucks management want to win in this market they have to control the narrative, do that by pouring resources into story telling and content creation. It's pretty evident since the Gillis era, that national media has no problem dunking on the Canucks when there is an opportunity.

Show me on this doll where the bad media touched you.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Embrace the circus

Like, if you are going to lie, just try : "We were looking at potential coaching candidates for the following season but the lack of success this season pushed up our timeline and we decided to make a change."

the-simpsons-juggler.gif

Last edited:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
It's also not uncommon for an owner to be involved in a coaching hire. I think it's fair for a prospective hire to have questions answered immediately that only the owners can answer with impunity.

It's VERY uncommon. Name me one other NHL team that does that other than that megalomaniac in Carolina.

There's a difference between approving a hire, and flying to Vegas to personally interview a candidate.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Gonchar is an addition to player development. His title gives it away "Defensive Development Coach", but maybe he'll be more focused on players with the big club as opposed to focusing on prospects in Abbotsford or elsewhere. I think this is a great move and should be considered separately from replacing Boudreau/Cull with Tocchet/Foote.

Reactions: mossey3535

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
surely you can see why management would want to control what gets leaked to the media instead of a low level employee, right?
Not to rehash the Doerrie situation, butL

1. She didn't actually leak anything. She commented on a reporter mentioning he would include something in his article that Boudreau said publicly.

2. The Canucks' formal explanation was that this was an express transgression of Canucks' policy, and that there are severe consequences for breaking the rules. Does club policy not apply to everyone? Why don't they say that then?

3. I don't care. JR and Allvin are jokes. Incompetent and disrespectful. Do something positive and I'll change my tune. Somehow they're running the organization worse than JIM BENNING.

what is this based on? the speculation by the media.
Jimmy? Is that you?

Bruh. It wasn't speculation. The media was exactly correct about the situation.

All the media did was state the facts of the situation. If that makes the Canucks look bad, they might want to reconsider how they're behaving.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
if Canucks management want to win in this market they have to control the narrative, do that by pouring resources into story telling and content creation. It's pretty evident since the Gillis era, that national media has no problem dunking on the Canucks when there is an opportunity.
Half the reason Benning lasted as long as he did is precisely because the national media treated the team with kid gloves as long as he was around. They wouldn't go near the rim, let alone dunk.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
It's VERY uncommon. Name me one other NHL team that does that other than that megalomaniac in Carolina.

There's a difference between approving a hire, and flying to Vegas to personally interview a candidate.
I don't think Francisco has anything better to do all day than larp as the high roller hockey exec. Fans being owners is never a good thing.

Reactions: Bubbles

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Gonchar imo is a fantastic addition. He has a solid track record with Dmen working for the Pens.

I find it odd that he will apparently be working remotely. Why does there have to always be something?
I read an article that was apparently from some Russian source that Alexei Zhamnov knew that Gonchar was going to get hired and they've replaced his national team coaching spot. So why would he be staying in Russia?

Zhamnov called the expected appointment of Sergei Gonchar as Vancouver coach - Athletistic

I don't think Tocchet described the situation well. Basically the question was whether Gonchar was going to be a bench coach and then Tocchet started to ramble. Gonchar "meeting them on the road" sounds like he will be with the team but his arrival is delayed?

Maybe him leaving Russia isn't a given? Not sure where he is physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad