Malkin and Adams fight during practice (upd: now Adams goes after Pouliot)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Who's to say it doesn't foreshadow the trade of Malkin? Adams is arguably just as important to the team.

Is this real life? Did this quote happen?

Lol a trade after a fight in practice? Seriously... we talkin' 'bout PRACTICE. Not the game, not the game, but practice. We talkin' 'bout practice here. Just practice. Not the game, man, not the game they go out there and play every game like it's their last, we talkin' 'bout practice. If they fought in an actual game, yeah, that'd be an issue, but we talkin' 'bout practice, man.

Nice. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This has happened many times among many teams over the history of the NHL.

It "foreshadows" nothing.

Much ado about nothing. No need to over-react. The Pens certainly won't.

And if Martin does this to Tavares? Or, if that had happened with Crosby instead of Malkin.

There may be no need to overreact, but fringe NHL players should not be going after stars on their own team, period.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Adams does bring a lot to Pittsburgh but as to who brings more value to Pittsburgh Adams couldn't even lace up malkin's skates.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Apparently kicking Adams' ass is like rubbing Buddha's belly or kissing the Blarney Stone. Malkin played a hell of a game.

I mean, Pens fans were already all for an Adams ass-kicking, but this just sweetens the pot.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
Adams seems to be wearing some kind of face protection in the game against Montreal - any word on whether this is from the incident with Malkin and how badly Adams was hurt?

Dallas Eakins*

Who's to say it doesn't foreshadow the trade of Malkin? Adams is arguably just as important to the team.

Like honestly 3 pages and people are still responding to this as if it was a serious suggestion. You do realize it is you users taking this a legitimate suggestion that is producing the worst comments of the year I hope...:help:

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
This explains why there hasn't been a lot of noise coming from the Ad(d)ams family. I mean they're fighting Lurch for god sakes! :sarcasm:

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
What the ****?

I don't care what Malkin said or did, if I'm GM Adams never wears the big club's sweater again. To jeopardize an elite player on your team in a stupid fight is inexcusable. I mean Adams obviously got his ass kicked but that's beside the point.

I can't imagine a scrub like Glass fighting Nash in practice. I would be LIVID if I was a Pens fan.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
I didn't over react. I asked a question to generate discussion, read more carefully next time.

Posed rhetorically: "Does this foreshadow a trade of Adams if they really hate each other that much?"

Please. Stand by your comment. You connected the fight with Adams leaving.

Hence my reply.

And if Martin does this to Tavares? Or, if that had happened with Crosby instead of Malkin.

The players would see it for what it is, and if there was nothing more to it (beyond heat of the moment), management would let it slide. Just like this incident.

Meanwhile, a few on HF would hyperventilate.

Not meaning to be contrarian, just don't see much here, having seen this happen more than a few times before.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
**** happens. Dubinsky and Comeau fought in practice last year and they were fine. It happens, its no big deal as long as they don't make it a big deal and they didn't. Nothing to see here

GerbeSonOfGloin

May 27, 2011
I'd like to see Malkin fight in a real game.

I remember some of Crosby's fights, and while the fact that he's willing to do it once in a while is laudable, the results were not.

I think Malkin could destroy someone of comparable size.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
What the ****?

I don't care what Malkin said or did, if I'm GM Adams never wears the big club's sweater again. To jeopardize an elite player on your team in a stupid fight is inexcusable. I mean Adams obviously got his ass kicked but that's beside the point.

I can't imagine a scrub like Glass fighting Nash in practice. I would be LIVID if I was a Pens fan.

Agree with this entirely.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3