Malkin and Adams fight during practice (upd: now Adams goes after Pouliot)

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Adams just took a beating to build Malkins confidence apparently , because the guy knows his ass is grass if he catches Malkin with anything serious.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
A total scrub who is one of the hardest working players in the NHL, great on the pk and always looked to for veteran advice. Craig may not score goals, skate fast or protect the puck well but he's a monster in his own zone and great motivator to his team.

Dan used him in important situations for a reason. A regular scrub does not start in the opening faceoff in games or finish the final minute over guys like Crosby and Malkin

:help:

DB put him in important situations because he was a moron, not because of what Adams brought to the team.

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario
So what?

It's not like Adams pulled a gun on Malkin. Two teammates spontaneously going at it in practice is not a big deal, but of course it's melodrama here.

Long grinding season, "living" with the same 20+ people for nearly 9 straight months...frankly, I'd be encouraged that the Pens showed intensity in a mundane practice taking place smack in the middle of a long winter slumber.

If/when Adams leaves the Pens, it won't be because of this non-incident.

It won't be the only reason. It could very well be part of it, especially if it happens in the next few weeks. I believe the saying that fits here goes something like this, "The straw that broke the camel's back"

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
The fight was the result of the high stick.

Malkin high sticks Craig
Craig goes after Malkin
Both exchange a few punches
Craig tussles Malkin to the ice

Is this accurate? Or are you guessing

Bo Ho*

This has happened many times among many teams over the history of the NHL.

It "foreshadows" nothing.

Much ado about nothing. No need to over-react. The Pens certainly won't.

I didn't over react. I asked a question to generate discussion, read more carefully next time.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
A total scrub who is one of the hardest working players in the NHL, great on the pk and always looked to for veteran advice. Craig may not score goals, skate fast or protect the puck well but he's a monster in his own zone and great motivator to his team.

Dan used him in important situations for a reason. A regular scrub does not start in the opening faceoff in games or finish the final minute over guys like Crosby and Malkin

Sorry Ray, but Craig Adams, a once useful utility player, sucks and has sucked for quite awhile now.

Nynja*

If you put 30 alpha males in a room together, stuff like this will happen sometimes.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
If I had to bet, I would bet Geno started things. With Craigs who "turn the other cheek" mentality he expressed about last year's playoffs, I don't see him instigating with the one the best players in the league. Furthermore, I see Mr Harvard finding a place in the Pens organization after this year, so picking a fight with a cornerstone-player isn't a good career move.

Either way, not a big deal. I noticed Johnston putting Adams and Malkin on the ice together several times last night. Good coaching making them work together after the incident.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

What could Craig Adams possibly advise NHL players on?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Lol a trade after a fight in practice? Seriously... we talkin' 'bout PRACTICE. Not the game, not the game, but practice. We talkin' 'bout practice here. Just practice. Not the game, man, not the game they go out there and play every game like it's their last, we talkin' 'bout practice. If they fought in an actual game, yeah, that'd be an issue, but we talkin' 'bout practice, man.

tohaa

Apr 23, 2012
Who's to say it doesn't foreshadow the trade of Malkin? Adams is arguably just as important to the team.

Craig Adams pulled Hartnell's hair once... That is his career highlight. He ain't ****. The most replaceable player type, his spot can be given to just about any AHLer.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
if were being serious here its obv that malkin has to go. should we recreate gladams on the pens? glass + brassard (breaks my heart sending him to pitt) for malkin?

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
If you put 30 alpha males in a room together, stuff like this will happen sometimes.

Not all hockey players are alpha males. Actually having a group of only alpha males might be a recipe for disaster.

For instance my buddy's martial arts instructor fought and won several major MMA fights and trains special forces in hand to hand combat. Dude is super(too) laid back and is super sensitive and emotional about his wife and family. He's no alpha and a bit of a bum. But if you try him he will **** you up.

NYRangerFan*

Who cares? Its hockey and they got into it at practice. God forbid players disagree and have to push and shove a little bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00