Post-Game Talk: Make it 8-2-2: Canucks 2, Wild 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
da **** are we 8-2-2 without kesler and booth....Oh wait, We have two of the best goalies in the league, nm I get it.

Oignon Saute

Dec 19, 2011
Good game and nice win. Short memories for people here it seems but for 50 minutes we played good team D; didn't give the Wild anything 5 on 5. Loungo wasn't needed until late and when he was he came up big. Still like to see a 60 minute effort obviously but a wins a win. The Sedins had many chances and could have blown the game wide-open if not for Kuemper.

Special Teams are still a bit of a disaster but 8-2-2! I'm happy!

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
lol anyone see what happened on Sportscentre someone almost knocked the camera over. Reporter: Woah the Camera; Person: Oh sorry or something like that.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I was thinking - I bet this is the year Luongo finally wins the Vezina. Maybe this is going to be a Tim Thomas type situation - remember when Boston had decided Rask was their guy, but their GM could not find a solid deal for Thomas in the Summer, so they kept him? He only went on to win the Vezina, the Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup right after that, didn't he?

Well right now it looks to be anderson.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think anyone who didn't think that was entertaining hockey needs their head examined.

Energy, hatred, andrenaline, and emotion >>>> goals/chances.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I was thinking - I bet this is the year Luongo finally wins the Vezina. Maybe this is going to be a Tim Thomas type situation - remember when Boston had decided Rask was their guy, but their GM could not find a solid deal for Thomas in the Summer, so they kept him? He only went on to win the Vezina, the Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup right after that, didn't he?

You'd probably see teams unseating their starters all across the league to try to replicate that spark if this happened.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
garrison is off both pp units. nobody on the nucks team can set up a perfect pass for him to release his "bomb". maybe kesler when he comes back? kesler on the left side.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
man, just watching the highlights that mayray -> ballard -> hansen goal was some sedinery right there

edit: also, seeing burrows' breakaway again, that was such a hook on him...as bad as daniel's on taylor hall during the edmonton game. How did that not get called?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wish I could see the Wild postgame. Knowing Parise this will be his interview tonight.

''No disrespect to Luongo, but the shots we put on him tonight could have been stopped by a pee wee goaltender too. We didn't show up tonight''

This was a typical post game interview for him during his time with the Devils when we were either shutout or failed to score more than a goal.

StringerBell

Someone suggested tanev before. He is a heck of a passer.

I don't think he moves the puck quick enough for a PP though. He's a really good passer but he usually has to think his passes through before making them.

John Bender*

Someone suggested tanev before. He is a heck of a passer.

That's probably not going to cut it. I think Gillis needs to find a deal for a legit PP QB. I just can't think of who's out there available.

(Just watching Oiler highlights, clearly Schultz chose the Oilers so he could wear #19).

Pseudonymous*

I don't think he moves the puck quick enough for a PP though. He's a really good passer but he usually has to think his passes through before making them.

also think it'd be obvious hes going to pass and they could really focus on the shooter because like henrik, tanev only looks pass

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

I actually think our probelm on the PP is not passing, we pass to much, its getting shots on net, but i havent said anything because people keep bringing up PP QB like erhoff, so maybe im wrong in my thinking.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Is there a chance garrison is the odd man out this offseason and not ballard?, Sounds crazy but ballard has been so damn good this year.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Didn't like the way we handed over the initiative in that one. They were getting away with a lot of cheap stuff and we let that dominate the second half of the game. It looked like Boston in the finals, only with a better result. Still, two points is two points.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
8-2-2 to start the season. Gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised.

monumentally surprised. I had us down for .500 or so over the first 10 (no training camp, no vets playing games, traditional October slow starts). Fake October only lasted a 5 games. Team just skipped forward to January pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln