Post-Game Talk: Make it 8-2-2: Canucks 2, Wild 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Anyone see AV get upset at Henrik getting the abuse he did from the MIN players? I think that he just affirms the opinion of the people that felt the Wild went a bit to far in their treatment of the twins. He confirms it. So people aren't off in their awareness of that fact.

He put out Kassian with them, in the third. He seemed to be looking for trouble to, I think it seemed to stop after that.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Then when that guy hit Daniel behind at the whistle the only penalty was to Lapierre? Yeah I recall that.

Yup. Apparently it isn't just the "fickle fans". Sheesh.

He put out Kassian with them, in the third. He seemed to be looking for trouble to, I think it seemed to stop after that.

It curtailed a bit, but it got worse near the end of the 3rd again. Lapierre did his part by hammering everything he saw. The Canucks needed more of that towards Parise or some of the other offensive players on MIN. They're getting better at responding, but it's not quite there yet. Just a little more.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I just wanted to see someone crunch Koivu hard for all the stickwork and chippy play he was doling out. The Edler hit was a good start. Would've liked to see the boys step up the physical play against Parise, Granlund etc.

AV needs to do his part by working the refs too.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Not to take anything away from this team that did well and all around last few stretch of games, but they were all (cept Chicago) against IMO weak teams or teams still in adjustment mode.

The real test comes now in the next stretch of 8 games.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
I really liked what I saw from Garrison at the start of the year when he was on the 1st PP unit with Edler+Sedins (and Kass). He showed a great ability to play a rover roll and read the Sedin play quite well.

2 issues came up.
1) The Sedins were in piss form and Henrik is the engine that drives that PP, not any defenceman
2) Both Garrison and Edler are LH shots so they kept getting their signals crossed while looking for one timers.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
Anyone listening to the team 1040 post-game show?

Season ticket holders in the upper bowl calling in complaining that the Southsiders were too loud, and had the nerve to stand (from my understanding they had a section all the way to the back).

So I guess we can put to rest the myth that the "real" fans are all in the upper section.

One caller even said he prefers the arena to be quiet :help:

It's a shame, Canucks games will never have that fun atmosphere it seems.

Take the positives. Canucks games are expensive so I usually only go to a couple games a year. Most of the time I watch on TV. Come playoff time I love having big get togethers for games (beers + BBQ), that's what playoffs are about to me.

Stadium atmospheres are great, but that's why I have season tickets to the Whitecaps.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
That was a frustrating game to watch, back to their old tricks of getting pushed around. :shakehead Some push back in the third, but it should have started right away in the first period.

Happy for Ballard to get his first point :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia