Make a move?

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Perry is a giant ********, hits a lot, scores a lot, and gets under people's skin.

He tried to kill Giroux too; gave Giroux his first concussion his rookie year.

Remember if you get Perry, you almost have to move a winger for a defenseman, and it also means you don't have room to get Ryan.

not necessarily. Ryan still has a couple more years to go before he's a UFA. the cap could go up 5m by the time he's a UFA. a lot can happen before then.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
not necessarily. Ryan still has a couple more years to go before he's a UFA. the cap could go up 5m by the time he's a UFA. a lot can happen before then.

....You're proposing......

Hartnell - Giroux - Perry
Simmonds - Schenn - Ryan
Read - Couturier - Voracek
Talbot - Laughton - McGinn

....I just want to make sure you realize what you're proposing.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Coburn for Voynov? I dunno, just a random thought...
Doubt they would do it, but I think I would.

Its a real shame that PIT is an unlikely trade partner and PHX isn't a good fit, because both of them have some nice young assets that would be just great over here.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I hope holmgren isnt going all in HOPING Bobby Ryan will be a Flyer. Some people are just setting themselves up for dissapointment. if it happens great, but for God sakes some peope are acting like we can start printing the Ryan Flyer jerseys.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Doubt they would do it, but I think I would.

Its a real shame that PIT is an unlikely trade partner and PHX isn't a good fit, because both of them have some nice young assets that would be just great over here.

Would love to get Morrow from PIT, but we might need to spend more than Coburn.

I hope holmgren isnt going all in HOPING Bobby Ryan will be a Flyer. Some people are just setting themselves up for dissapointment. if it happens great, but for God sakes some peope are acting like we can start printing the Ryan Flyer jerseys.

Would love Ryan, but he would take way too much to get, which is something I know we shouldn't do. Just win the sweepstakes in Perry and maybe try to get Ryan when he becomes an UFA.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
because Coburn isn't as good as most Flyers fans make him out to be

Coburn is a very good defensemen who just needs a steady partner. He is just not good enough to be the lead guy in a pair, as he has failed every time they try to put him in that role. Coburn and Grossman is a very good pair. Coburn and Gervais is about as terrible as it gets.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.

This. Everyone is assuming Ryan will be a Flyer because he's from New Jersey. He's still a pro athlete looking for a big contract. He won't sign here for cheap, if he indeed does sign here.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Perry is a giant ********, hits a lot, scores a lot, and gets under people's skin.

He tried to kill Giroux too; gave Giroux his first concussion his rookie year.

Remember if you get Perry, you almost have to move a winger for a defenseman, and it also means you don't have room to get Ryan.

If we could get Perry for free...you do it. Then trade away other assets for need. And then if you can get Ryan for free...you do it. Then trade away more assets for need or futures. That's the thing with adding a Pronger type. We gave away assets, and now with him hurt, we didn't win AND never re-couped any assets. That is my issue with Kimmo. He will retire a Flyer...and while that is all nice to see, it doesn't help the team. I would have rathered him go to a team this year for a 1st rounder, and then us try and re-sign him.

RJ8812*

This. Everyone is assuming Ryan will be a Flyer because he's from New Jersey. He's still a pro athlete looking for a big contract. He won't sign here for cheap, if he indeed does sign here.

It's obviously not a guarentee, but if he reaches free agency, I'd say our chances of signing him are better than any other team in the league as long as we don't low ball him

Also, he's not just from New Jersey, he's also got ties to the organization

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
....You're proposing......

Hartnell - Giroux - Perry
Simmonds - Schenn - Ryan
Read - Couturier - Voracek
Talbot - Laughton - McGinn

....I just want to make sure you realize what you're proposing.

i did mention that i'd move JV for a Dman, but what i'm saying is that it's so far away now it's not even worth worrying about. a lot can happen until then, and i guarantee you the roster will likely look quite different then than it does now. besides, who would you rather have anyway, Perry or Ryan? i'll take Perry anyday.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
It's obviously not a guarentee, but if he reaches free agency, I'd say our chances of signing him are better than any other team in the league as long as we don't low ball him

I think he also mentioned either earlier this year or last year when there were contract or playing time issues or something where he said he wanted to play here. Again, not a guarantee by any means, but I don't think it is too far fetched to think the Flyers would be in the lead to sign him heading into his UFA year. I wouldn't go as far as to pencil him in, but it wouldn't be crazy to think he would wind up here. Hamhuis and Suter are two recent big time UFAs that seemed to have their mind made up prior to free agency starting (though they may have used other teams to up the price).

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Do you think the Flyers won't give him a good contract?

Oh I'm not saying that, I fully expect them to go all out and offer him a great one.

I agree. I'm just saying that 1) he may not make it to FA and 2) he still may not sign with the team. The odds are very good, however it's certainly not set in stone.

whskybarJM

Jan 3, 2009
ca
I can live with our D if Coburn takes the Briere route and the next level comes in the playoffs. The rare flashes of a nasty coburn is needed for the playoffs in the worst way.

They need a big shot from the point

i would love a push for yandle, I just do not want to give up anything on the roster.

can they start drafting some stud D prospects? please

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
So can someone give me a breakdown of the situation with Perry? Is it just assumed he's going to UFA status, is Anaheim not gonna resign him? People seem confident we could get him, but a FA like Perry would get all kinds of interest from the other teams in the league.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
So can someone give me a breakdown of the situation with Perry? Is it just assumed he's going to UFA status, is Anaheim not gonna resign him? People seem confident we could get him, but a FA like Perry would get all kinds of interest from the other teams in the league.

Bob Mac said that they might have to choose between Getz and Perry. He thinks they will make the choice of Getz. Perry then would be traded at the draft or just make it free agency. If he makes it to free agency I can guarantee you the Flyers will be right in the bidding. He will command probably over 8 million a year too. I don't think Anaheim moves him mid season especially with the team playing the way they are. They could resign him, but he would have to take a contract below market value no doubt. The possibilities are endless really

Of course though we will have to compete with Toronto, because every FA that is born in Ontario wants to play for the Leafs :sarcasm:

At the draft try to trade for his rights. Also try to get Bobby Ryan thrown into the mix LOL.

Perry's rights
Bobby Ryan

for

2 1st rounders
2nd rounder
Laughton
Read

That would get it done no doubt :sarcasm:

Last edited:

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012

This is from the Ducks board: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1322835

Ducks fans seem worried about Perry, but I think it's a little too early to make any assumptions.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
I'm pretty sure Ryan considers Clarke to be like family. If they have the room to offer him a reasonable contract, he'll be in O&B. After this year, homer is going to want to do something big, which would mean perry, but I wouldn't mind going after some of the RFA dmen. Our forwards, when healthy, are pretty good. Get an RFA dman this offseason, ryan the next to play with our stud centers, I'd be ok with that.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
If Voracek continues playing like he has, the Flyers might not need a 1st line winger anymore. Flyers forward lineup in two years:

Hartnell Giroux Voracek
Read/Cousins Schenn Simmonds
Laughton Couturier McGinn/Noebels
Rinaldo Talbot McGinn/Noebels/Wellwood

That's not too bad. If they keep what they have now, they could dedicate their resources going forward to improve the defense. It's all on Voracek filling that spot. So far so good.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík

I think there's a VERY good chance that Ryan will sign here if and when he reaches UFA. Why wouldn't he? If we have the money then and he's on the market it's a no brainer. He grew up in nj as a flyers fan, his family is close with bobby Clarke and the flyers organization, he's expressed interest in playing for the flyers WHILE under contract with the ducks and the flyers are a premier franchise and one of the wealthiest in the league. If he reaches UFA, I really don't see how he won't be a flyer.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
If Voracek continues playing like he has, the Flyers might not need a 1st line winger anymore. Flyers forward lineup in two years:

Hartnell Giroux Voracek
Read/Cousins Schenn Simmonds
Laughton Couturier McGinn/Noebels
Rinaldo Talbot McGinn/Noebels/Wellwood

That's not too bad. If they keep what they have now, they could dedicate their resources going forward to improve the defense. It's all on Voracek filling that spot. So far so good.

Yeah but imagine this next year.

Perry-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Schenn-Read
Cousins-Couturier-Simmonds
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo/McGinn/Noebels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad