Make a move?

Snipsnap12

Nov 16, 2010
we have giroux, couturier, and schenn at center. We also have two prospects at center in Laughton and Cousins

unless we start converting to wing it may benefit the team to package one of our prospects (thinking cousins or Laughton) for a tip tier defenseman, or maybe try to go after one of the ducks big three.

Looking for opinion because its more a thought to me not something I think must be done.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
we have giroux, couturier, and schenn at center. We also have two prospects at center in Laughton and Cousins

unless we start converting to wing it may benefit the team to package one of our prospects (thinking cousins or Laughton) for a tip tier defenseman, or maybe try to go after one of the ducks big three.

Looking for opinion because its more a thought to me not something I think must be done.

Ducks are playing very well right now, no point in trying to shop from a good team. Look at players like Goligoski from DAL or Myers from BUF, a couple guys who've been seeing minutes in the press box. Myers would flourish in Lavy's system, but cost us a fortune.

PayItForward

Aug 18, 2012

Neither Laughton nor Cousins will bring back a top tier d-man as the main piece. Teams just don't trade away top tier d-men.

Snipsnap12

Nov 16, 2010
Ducks are playing great so they won't be selling any of their big three unless the deal is too good to pass up on.

True, not sure when the deadline is but things could change, and if they feels like they won't be able to retain geztlaf/perry who knows what could happen

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Yeah I like Myers and I just think Lindy is not handling him properly, but I think we need some puck moving and quickness on our back end

Myers will automatically be our best puck mover, and skates well for his size. He and Coburn could be an epic 1-2 pairing for years to come.

Simmonds or Voracek+

Snipsnap12

Nov 16, 2010
Myers will automatically be our best puck mover, and skates well for his size. He and Coburn could be an epic 1-2 pairing for years to come.

Simmonds or Voracek+

If we are going to start throwing around those names I'd rather move for a better piece or not at all

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
If we are going to start throwing around those names I'd rather move for a better piece or not at all

Who would you expect to give up for Tyler Myers?

And where are you going to find a bigger name at a potential bargain? 6'8" 230, great athlete, puck mover, PPQB, shoots RH, hits, and played great when the Sabres had a more uptempo system. He comes into Lavy's system and he'll be great again.

Maybe we can pull some highway robbery **** like Shero did in the Neal trade and snag Myers for relatively cheap.

PayItForward

Aug 18, 2012
I said a package including one of them.

Which is why I said as a main piece, unless the plus is one of B. Schenn, Couturier or Giroux. You don't trade top tier d-men unless your forced to. If you want a top tier d-man, especially one that's young (which is obviously what this team needs) and not just a top 4 d-man, you have to give to get.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Im thinking if Meyers is dealt he will go out west. Unless someone in the East gives him a blow out of the water offer. Cant imagine Darcy Regier wants to see Meyers torture his own team for the next dozen years.

IceHot

Jan 14, 2003
Redneck Riviera
Visit site
I wanted Meyers for a while, but after watching him play enough times I no longer want him. I would only offer Briere
(for cap reasons) and one of our spare or prospect defense (which they'd never do such a deal) and even then I'd rather play Lauredson, at least he hits and hits hard and won't get man handled off the puck like Meyers does.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
If Voracek and some reasonable + gets us Myers, that's a done deal. I like Voracek, but even with how he is right now, Myers is an asset worth owning. Much like JVR and Schenn, he would likely benefit from a change of scenery.

Anyone saying that they don't want a Tyler Myers really needs to look at the forest and not just the trees. He's a better player than he's showing right now and even if he doesn't mature into a surefire top 20 defensemen, he'll still have value on par with Voracek, a solid two-way top 6 forward who does a lot of things well, but none spectacularly.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
If Voracek and some reasonable + gets us Myers, that's a done deal. I like Voracek, but even with how he is right now, Myers is an asset worth owning. Much like JVR and Schenn, he would likely benefit from a change of scenery.

Anyone saying that they don't want a Tyler Myers really needs to look at the forest and not just the trees. He's a better player than he's showing right now and even if he doesn't mature into a surefire top 20 defensemen, he'll still have value on par with Voracek, a solid two-way top 6 forward who does a lot of things well, but none spectacularly.

This. Myers is struggling right now but his potential is just what we need. I'd do pretty much any trade for him that didnt include Giroux or Couturier.

JayB

May 30, 2012
Maybe just trade defender away and bring better in? Coburn/Meszarov+Cousins <-> Myers. Or Coburn/Meszarov+Cousins+2nd <-> Myers+Ott.

dawkins121

Jul 7, 2007
Philadelphia
I would love Myers, I feel like he's going through the same early career struggles that lot's of defensemen go through. Hedman struggled a lot the last two years didn't he? And look at him now. If Myers' value has never been/will never be lower I would consider giving up serious assets for him.

toughfighter83*

I would love Myers, I feel like he's going through the same early career struggles that lot's of defensemen go through. Hedman struggled a lot the last two years didn't he? And look at him now. If Myers' value has never been/will never be lower I would consider giving up serious assets for him.

same here, he can shoot the puck as well like pronger and you are getting a younger version of him.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Myers is 23 years old, a right handed shot, who has shown he can have a lot of success in the league even though he is struggling badly of late. If you add him to Coburn and L. Schenn, the Flyers will be set for a long time on defense. I love Simmonds, but if you can get him for Simmonds + (at most a 1st and someone like Cousins) I do that in a heart beat. Any defensemen the Flyers draft, including Seth Jones, is going to take years to be as effective as Myers would be from the get go.

PropJoe

Jan 25, 2013
I'd trade Couturier for Tyler Myers. Although I think if we added a little more to a package with Couturier in it we could get a more proven guy (OEL).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad