Make a move?

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
When did Tyler Myers become a 3-4 dman? Am I completely wrong in thinking that Buffalo would be stupid to trade him?

He damn sure isn't a top #1 all around defenseman. He has potential to be but that's it. Potential means you haven't done jack **** as the great Bill Parcells used to say. He's been a healthy scratch for two years in a row now. Why trade and gut the roster for something we hope he's going to be? Because Buffalo will want a significant return for Myers.

TML91

Jul 24, 2010
Leafs fan here I want to do a leafs dynasty but keep starting over bc I am not sure what moves I want to make. There have been talks of kessel getting traded if we are not in playoff race by the trade deadline and philly is not too far out of a playoff spot, and I want it to be realistic. So I was wondering if you guys would do this trade:

Philly:

2013 1st+Couturier+2nd

for

Leafs:

Kessel+Bozak

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Leafs fan here I want to do a leafs dynasty but keep starting over bc I am not sure what moves I want to make. There have been talks of kessel getting traded if we are not in playoff race by the trade deadline and philly is not too far out of a playoff spot, and I want it to be realistic. So I was wondering if you guys would do this trade:

Philly:

2013 1st+Couturier+2nd

for

Leafs:

Kessel+Bozak

Absolutely no interest in kessel whatsoever. Id rather keep couturier, not to mention a 1st in a deep draft from a team who at this point looks like they'll miss the playoffs? That's completely counter productive from our standpoint. This is not a team in win now mode as a lot of people seem to think. This is a team built around youth that needs to start building from the draft. That 1st could potentially be a future #1 defenseman for us. Which is needed more than kessel. So that's a potential shut down C and a potential high draft pick that could be a potential top pairing d man for a goal scoring winger with no defensive capability and a downgrade at C?

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

Philly:

2013 1st+Couturier+2nd

for

Leafs:

Kessel+Bozak
No, especially since the 1st is likely to be a high pick, not worth it.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal

Philly:

2013 1st+Couturier+2nd

for

Leafs:

Kessel+Bozak
No...

TML91

Jul 24, 2010
just wanted to put out an offer bc kessel with giroux and hartnell would be filthy and I assumed this was a team to win now even taking out bozak and keeping your 2nd I would be fine with, bc this is a deep draft that I dont blame you for trading your picks

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
just wanted to put out an offer bc kessel with giroux and hartnell would be filthy and I assumed this was a team to win now even taking out bozak and keeping your 2nd I would be fine with, bc this is a deep draft that I dont blame you for trading your picks
Not trading couturier. Dont want kessel.

TML91

Jul 24, 2010
you have so much depth at the C position that you could use a pure goal scorer and maybe get one back in bozak if they wanted to have bozak in the deal and doesnt even have to be a pick it could be for another roster player or a half decent prospect.

TML91

Jul 24, 2010
bozak was in that deal so that is where the 2nd came from and kessel would help a little but in the long run having hartnell giroux kessel looks like one of the best lines in the league perfect combination power forward playmaker and sniper looks good to me especially for a team who made the eastern conference finals last year and needs a push to make playoffs

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
why dont you want kessel

because if the Flyers are gonna spend 6M+ on a RW they might as well wait until July and sign Perry without having to give up any assets.

the Kessel stuff needs to stop. he'll never be a Flyer. ever.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
ROR <-> Couturier rumors are popping up. Shocked honestly that it took this long.

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/608456/posts/155241/public

I wouldn't want to give up Couturier, but I think we can come up with a nice package for ROR.

The article basically notes that there are rumors of ROR going to TOR on NYR, but we're in the rise. It says COL would want Couturier, but the Flyers consider him untouchable.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Philly:

2013 1st+Couturier+2nd

for

Leafs:

Kessel+Bozak

why do the Flyers do this deal? honestly.
Our best defensive forward. 2 valuable high draft picks for Kessel and Bozak.
Pass. Pretty sure Holmgren would hang up the phone in mid conversation.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I think the only thing we should do, especially if we really do better, and get back both Mez and Hartnell, get rid of some dead weight for some mid to low picks (4th to 7th).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think the only thing we should do, especially if we really do better, and get back both Mez and Hartnell, get rid of some dead weight for some mid to low picks (4th to 7th).

Agreed. Unless we are out of the playoffs. Then I go to Briere and ask him to waive his NMC and see if we can get something for him. I also tell him that we are going to buy him out in the summer. It is time that this team lets the young center's play their position. Schenn has been MUCH better at C. Let them play. The 6.5 mill in cap space can be VERY VALUABLE next summer and thru the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad