Make a move?

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
Wouldn't mind making a minor move getting a depth forward with skating ability. Knuble, Rusty and Talbot are hard to watch. Especially Knuble. Yuck.

I didn't think Fedotenko was a bad skater, and I always thought Talbot was above average. At any rate, Eric Wellwood is available in Adirondack for nothing if skating is what you want.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I was excited for the Fedotenko signing because he was pretty good for the Rangers. It's become clear that he struggles a lot in Lavi's system. Did Homer get anybody in the offseason that fits with Lavi?

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
i wonder if BUF starts selling.

would they dump vanek's contract or erhoff only has about 8 year left on his contract.

SgtJoseph*

If Holmgren's going to swing for the fences, I'm hoping it's Coburn that he's offering up. Would love to see Coburn moved for a puck moving defenseman.

Not sure who you have in mind ? But do not forget that Coburn is a helluva fast skater and is pretty damn solid come playoff time ?

WeekendAtBernies

Jun 27, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Wouldn't necessarily want to make a giant shake-up right now, but in the off-season, what would a package of Braydon Coburn + Sean Couturier + 2014 1st be worth?

Surely that has to be in the territory of landing a Pietrangelo, doesn't it?

And I'd assume Coburn + Couturier would be around what it'd take to get OEL.

Schenn Bros Pizza*

Wouldn't necessarily want to make a giant shake-up right now, but in the off-season, what would a package of Braydon Coburn + Sean Couturier + 2014 1st be worth?

Surely that has to be in the territory of landing a Pietrangelo, doesn't it?

And I'd assume Coburn + Couturier would be around what it'd take to get OEL.

That would be hard to swallow but if that gets you OEL or Pietra I am down.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
If Holmgren's going to swing for the fences, I'm hoping it's Coburn that he's offering up. Would love to see Coburn moved for a puck moving defenseman.
Haha, it's so funny seeing you hate Coburn so much, but I'm kind of getting fed up with myself. That penalty he got tonight against Winnipeg was just pure stupidity on his part. I wouldn't expect this from our supposedly second best defenseman.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
the Coburn hate is picking up steam. with the exception of a very small handfull of games hes been pretty bad.

Well, if he can be used to get OEL or Pietrangelo, it will be worth it. I'd say Coburn and the 2013 1st to start with. Really don't want to get rid of Laughton, but I'd throw him in to get either. The thing is though, considering how much of a log jam the defense is in Phoenix, it might be easier to pry OEL away over Pietrangelo. Phoenix has Rundblad, Gormley, Murphy, Stone Goncharov and Summers in the pipeline. Plus Yandle, Michalek, Klesla, Morris, and Schlemko as well. Coburn would probably be an upgrade over Morris/Klesla.

Either way, having either would be unreal. It might be a better idea to try to trade up to a d-man that could start right away from the 2013 draft (cost us less)?

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Well, if he can be used to get OEL or Pietrangelo, it will be worth it. I'd say Coburn and the 2013 1st to start with. Really don't want to get rid of Laughton, but I'd throw him in to get either. The thing is though, considering how much of a log jam the defense is in Phoenix, it might be easier to pry OEL away over Pietrangelo. Phoenix has Rundblad, Gormley, Murphy, Stone Goncharov and Summers in the pipeline. Plus Yandle, Michalek, Klesla, Morris, and Schlemko as well. Coburn would probably be an upgrade over Morris/Klesla.

Either way, having either would be unreal. It might be a better idea to try to trade up to a d-man that could start right away from the 2013 draft (cost us less)?

If there's any chance, I'd offer a package of Coburn + Laughton and ask for Bogosian + the Jets 2nd rounder. Would like to keep our first rounder and restock the prospect pool.

Scheifele, Laughton and Burmistrov would be great foundation for the Jets.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If there's any chance, I'd offer a package of Coburn + Laughton and ask for Bogosian + the Jets 2nd rounder. Would like to keep our first rounder and restock the prospect pool.

Scheifele, Laughton and Burmistrov would be great foundation for the Jets.

I'm not completely sold on Bogosian, especially since we need a true PMD, and I don't think he will be that one. He may put up 30+ a season, but I don't think he's truly what we are looking for. Pietrangelo and OEL are basically the best, well-rounded, young D-men in the league.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I'm not completely sold on Bogosian, especially since we need a true PMD, and I don't think he will be that one. He may put up 30+ a season, but I don't think he's truly what we are looking for. Pietrangelo and OEL are basically the best, well-rounded, young D-men in the league.

Fair enough. He's probably more of a shutdown defender with offensive instincts.

I just have a hard time to believe, the Flyers get any of the two without giving up more than they're willing to.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Fair enough. He's probably more of a shutdown defender with offensive instincts.

I just have a hard time to believe, the Flyers get any of the two without giving up more than they're willing to.

Which is why I say it might be cheaper to try to go after a higher 1st rounder for 2013 for a D-man that can start for us right off the bat. Especially a PMD one. Maybe Pulock, Ristolainen, Morrissey or Nurse.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Which is why I say it might be cheaper to try to go after a higher 1st rounder for 2013 for a D-man that can start for us right off the bat. Especially a PMD one. Maybe Pulock, Ristolainen, Morrissey or Nurse.

I'd love to see Nurse in the O&B.

Don't forget Nikita Zadorov from the London Knights, he'd be great too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad