May 27, 2019

Foxtail is not f***ing around.

upload_2019-7-11_21-31-24.gif

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm placing 40 points as an expectation. Which kind of seems unfair almost. Expecting anything more isn't accounting for wear and tear over his first NHL season playing 20 minutes a night. Especially with teams game planning for him.

I can see it being a mixed bag of a season when it comes to production, but a good overall total. Hard to argue against a 59 point pace in the playoffs of all things while seeing less minutes and not running PP1.

Lots of reasons for optimism, but as much of a fan boy as I am. I'm not placing generational rookie D expectations on the kid lol.

Also Girard needs to get closer to 40 points next year IMO. He is actually one that we need to see another step from. He will still be valuable if not, but the guy has stepped up and produced when Barrie was injured. As we seen with MacK, sometime when you remove the guy above them the younger player steps up to the task. Girard has done that for stretches. I'm hoping he can again. I think there will be times when you see Girard and Makar switched up on the PP units just due to PP struggles and young defender struggles.

I mean Byram (if he sticks) and Makar running PP2 wouldn't be the end of the world.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I'm placing 40 points as an expectation. Which kind of seems unfair almost. Expecting anything more isn't accounting for wear and tear over his first NHL season playing 20 minutes a night. Especially with teams game planning for him.

I can see it being a mixed bag of a season when it comes to production, but a good overall total. Hard to argue against a 59 point pace in the playoffs of all things while seeing less minutes and not running PP1.

Lots of reasons for optimism, but as much of a fan boy as I am. I'm not placing generational rookie D expectations on the kid lol.

Also Girard needs to get closer to 40 points next year IMO. He is actually one that we need to see another step from. He will still be valuable if not, but the guy has stepped up and produced when Barrie was injured. As we seen with MacK, sometime when you remove the guy above them the younger player steps up to the task. Girard has done that for stretches. I'm hoping he can again. I think there will be times when you see Girard and Makar switched up on the PP units just due to PP struggles and young defender struggles.

I mean Byram (if he sticks) and Makar running PP2 wouldn't be the end of the world.

50 points would indeed be generational. That mark hasn’t been hit by a rookie defenceman since 1992.

There have been a few players close in the high 40’s who I would say are not as highly touted as Makar, but it hasn’t been done in a long time. I think he gets there because of the his skill, the opportunity for lots of minutes, and the overall talent around him.

But, I’m not going to scoff at anyone who doesn’t think he can hit the mark, because it would be an incredible achievement for a rookie.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
What? He does? News to me...
13'14 was -23
14'15 was +3
15'16 was -14
16'17 was +6
17'18 was +10
18'19 was +1

-17 for his career and the first 2.5 seasons were with a good Nashville team he was -25

He's always had question marks about his defensive play , that's why he was traded. Wouldn't be surprised to see him moved again soon

Watched a lot of Columbus playoff games this past year and he had several bad gaffes.

All you have to do is watch him play, he lacks mobility, strength and desire and won't get himself in shape, still has the baby flab

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
You're either a brilliant troll, or on acid 24 hours a day.
He's bad defensively bud , simple as that it's a weakness in his game. Poile flipped him because of this. If this wasn't the case he would never have been traded .

-25 on a solid Trotz coached team tells it all and then shipped out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
13'14 was -23
14'15 was +3
15'16 was -14
16'17 was +6
17'18 was +10
18'19 was +1

-17 for his career and the first 2.5 seasons were with a good Nashville team he was -25

He's always had question marks about his defensive play , that's why he was traded. Wouldn't be surprised to see him moved again soon

Watched a lot of Columbus playoff games this past year and he had several bad gaffes.

All you have to do is watch him play, he lacks mobility, strength and desire and won't get himself in shape, still has the baby flab

Ahh well the +/- argument means nothing lol. A useless stat really.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
13'14 was -23
14'15 was +3
15'16 was -14
16'17 was +6
17'18 was +10
18'19 was +1

Those are some pretty impressive, in-depth stats you found there. Plus-minus is known as one of the best stats out there to judge players defensive abilities.

I'm sold. He sucks defensively.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
All you can do is laugh at BS like this.

For real. I love Mcavoy and he’s one of my favorite young Dmen in the league but I genuinely don’t think there’s more than 5/6 dmen better than Jones right now. And all the ones that are better than Jones are closer to 30 than 20, unlike Jones.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I used to have a wart on my finger when I was a kid for years. I still go to feel it sometimes only to feel a normal index finger.

On my big toe I had a massive wart that needed to be frozen off many times. The type of wart in Jones' defensive game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad