Speculation: Makar point total projection for 2019-2020 season

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I can see him putting up 40-50. I still don't think he passes Barrie and gets on the top unit. At least until late in the season.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
I hope he scores 25 goals and 35 assists but I think it will be more like 20 goals and 25 assists. For his 1st whole season I'll still be happy. Makar is gonna be a top 5 defensiveman within 5 years imo. His confidence in the playoffs still amazes me. Future is bright for our Avs

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Depends on if Barrie plays on the first power play or not. If he does, Makar should get 30-35 points. If Barrie is traded and Makar is running the first PP, he'll get 35-40 points.

I hope he scores 25 goals and 35 assists but I think it will be more like 20 goals and 25 assists. For his 1st whole season I'll still be happy. Makar is gonna be a top 5 defensiveman within 5 years imo. His confidence in the playoffs still amazes me. Future is bright for our Avs

You probably want to want to adjust your expectations. In the last five years, eight defenders have scored 20 goals or more. One player has scored 25 goals or more (Brent Burns who has scored 27 and 29).

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
giphy-downsized.gif

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Around 50

Makar generates so much scoring chances on a regular basis that even if he doesn't play on the 1st PP unit he will rack up the points. He has done it at every level and nothing really changed when he played his first games against the top teams in the west.

He is the Avs best offensive weapon from the backend and I doubt the coaching staff is going to keep his minutes down that long.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Good grief, you will “still be happy” if he only musters up a 20 goal rookie season?

One defenseman in the entire NHL scored 20 goals(right on the dot) last season.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Around 40 and I'll consider that a successful season for his rookie year but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he is close to 50. Just as somebody else said I am very looking forward to seeing how he handles himself defensively. That will dictate how many minutes he gets and the more minutes he gets the more opportunities he will have to put points on the board.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
9+33 = 42

Really though just a full 82 game season where he shows development especially in the defensive side of the game is all I want to see.

I dont have any doubts that he's a future 50+ point Dman so I'm not concerned if he only hits 25-30 in his rookie season. The main thing I want to see is development towards not only being a future offensive threat, but a future two-way stud as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad