Speculation: Makar point total projection for 2019-2020 season

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York

Makar will probably score 17 goals and 35 assists this season. Makar will probably become somewhere in between a Generational player and a Super Star.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Makar will probably score 17 goals and 35 assists this season. Makar will probably become somewhere in between a Generational player and a Super Star.

I don’t know why some feel like he’ll be worse than he was in the playoffs. There’s less pressure in the regular season, more room to maneuver, and higher scoring games.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I don’t know why some feel like he’ll be worse than he was in the playoffs. There’s less pressure in the regular season, more room to maneuver, and higher scoring games.

Makar should have went 1st OA in that years draft. Some posters might be mad but whatever.

Vancouver scouts had Makar going 1st OA if they would have won the lottery.

Reactions: flyfysher

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Makar should have went 1st OA in that years draft. Some posters might be mad but whatever.

Vancouver scouts had Makar going 1st OA if they win the lottery.

It’s not out of the question that he becomes the best player from that draft class, but Petterson, Heiskanen, and Hischier are all in the mix.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Vancouver scouts had Makar going 1st OA if they would have won the lottery.

I believe it was NJD that liked him and decided on the safer choice with Hischier. Still too early to declare the best in the draft, I would rank:
  • EP;
  • Heiskanen;
  • Hischier;
  • Makar.
This is not to downgrade the player, but recognizing his potential for not even playing a regular season game and still be considered among the best players. Wait until after next season.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I believe it was NJD that liked him and decided on the safer choice with Hischier. Still too early to declare the best in the draft, I would rank:
  • EP;
  • Heiskanen;
  • Hischier;
  • Makar.
This is not to downgrade the player, but recognizing his potential for not even playing a regular season game and still be considered among the best players. Wait until after next season.

Next season you might be singing a different song.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
  • EP;
  • Heiskanen;
  • Hischier;
  • Makar.

I have him above Heiskanen and Hischier, but below Petterson.

You’re right, he hasn’t played in the regular season. But, he has played in the playoffs, which is tougher hockey than the regular season.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Man. Miro gets no love anywhere lol.

Makar had a better playoff than Miro and it was his first time playing in the NHL.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all to rate him above Heiskanen right now.

It’s not by a wide margin, but yeah, I like Cale more.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Makar had a better playoff than Miro and it was his first time playing in the NHL.

Would love to agree, the NHL sample size is too limited to make such a determination.

Reactions: MacBradley

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Would love to agree, the NHL sample size is too limited to make such a determination.

It’s not set in stone. I’m just saying if I was given a choice between the two right now, I would take Makar.

Heiskanen had a solid rookie season, but was a -14 on the second best defensive team in the league.

I think Makar has the ‘it’ factor. He didn’t come into the playoffs just looking to survive, he wanted to be a difference maker.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
  • EP;
  • Heiskanen;
  • Hischier;
  • Makar.

Of those players, who do you think has the highest ceiling when it comes to potential? This is not to say they attain it. I don't really follow the Canucks or Devils and have only casually watched their teams. Heiskanen OTOH has impressed me as the real deal. He's a stud and smart. That said, I think Makar's ceiling is limitless. As soon as I saw him play against the Flames it was immediately obvious that he could play in the NHL, be competitive and most importantly that he would contribute. His speed, skills, strength, reaction time and hockey IQ are off the charts. To me, Makar is our MacKinnon on D. It's the leadership those two will make the Avs one bad *** team to have to play against.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Well, for starters he had a flashier playoffs, but not necessary better. Miro is the horse of that D, Cale was sheltered.

I have no idea why some have this inane need to hype him up so much and put unreasonable expectations in front of him.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Well, for starters he had a flashier playoffs, but not necessary better. Miro is the horse of that D, Cale was sheltered.

I have no idea why some have this inane need to hype him up so much and put unreasonable expectations in front of him.

It’s no different than people on this board glorifying the great Tyson Barrie. A discussion is underway about Makar’s draft class and people are sharing their opinions.

Is it that he was sheltered in the playoffs? Or did he have less opportunity? I guess you can look at it either way.

The impact Makar made in the playoffs can’t just be brushed off as being lucky. I’ll keep saying it. It was his first time in the NHL and there is a lot less space in playoff hockey than there is in the regular season. His poise and level of play, considering the circumstance was absolutely ridiculous.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

I agree, I don't think Heiskanen would've been a difference maker on the Avs whether we get past the Sharks, but i'd give Heiskanen the edge in the playoffs. Averaging 25 minutes TOI in the playoffs and looking good while doing it is no easy feat.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Of those players, who do you think has the highest ceiling when it comes to potential? This is not to say they attain it. I don't really follow the Canucks or Devils and have only casually watched their teams. Heiskanen OTOH has impressed me as the real deal. He's a stud and smart. That said, I think Makar's ceiling is limitless. As soon as I saw him play against the Flames it was immediately obvious that he could play in the NHL, be competitive and most importantly that he would contribute. His speed, skills, strength, reaction time and hockey IQ are off the charts. To me, Makar is our MacKinnon on D. It's the leadership those two will make the Avs one bad *** team to have to play against.

I do agree Makar has the better upside, but you can’t place unreasonable expectations after only 10 NHL games. It’s the same with VAN fans belief about Q Hughes is even better, since he excelled earlier at the age of 16-17.

Expect the worst and hope for the best. Makar should be a great player, but hasn’t done enough to rank him beyond 4th best in the draft.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I do agree Makar has the better upside, but you can’t place unreasonable expectations after only 10 NHL games. It’s the same with VAN fans belief about Q Hughes is even better, since he excelled earlier at the age of 16-17.

Expect the worst and hope for the best. Makar should be a great player, but hasn’t done enough to rank him beyond 4th best in the draft.

Expect the worst and hope for the best is like a saying on a bathroom wall. Not everyone wants to approach their analysis in a way that makes them wait for a player to play 100 NHL games before they can form an opinion.

And, it’s not like the team reads HF boards, so I don’t see why it matters if a player is given lofty expectations. I understand if some want to keep their expectations low, so they’re not disappointed if he doesn’t live up to what they hoped, but not everyone approaches fandom in that way. Some people just say what they think is going to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iceberg

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Expect the worst and hope for the best is like a saying on a bathroom wall. Not everyone wants to approach their analysis in a way that makes them wait for a player to play 100 NHL games before they can form an opinion.

And, it’s not like the team reads HF boards, so I don’t see why it matters if a player is given lofty expectations. I understand if some want to keep their expectations low, so they’re not disappointed if he doesn’t live up to what they hoped, but not everyone approaches fandom in that way. Some people just say what they think is going to happen.

Yeah, it's not like Makar plays for the Maple Leafs or the Canadiens... he plays hockey in Denver.

There is no added pressure because a few nerds on an internet forum believes he can score 50 points on the season.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad