Post-Game Talk: Major League: Bachman to the Minors ... 2-1 SO/L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Worst game of the year... but at least they finally got a game of goaltending?

Not at all. La KIngs are just that good. We haven't played anything like a club this good all year.

A club that has the following trees on back end;

Doughty
Mitchell
Greene
Regehr
Muzzin

A forward unit thats going to make life incredibly tough.

Kings played a good game tonight and kept very physical with us. We have no answer for that but thought the guys played with a lot of effort.

Bachman was god in goal though.

But this is the gold standard right here. How your team matches up to the best system play team in the game.

Oct 30, 2011
Nitpicking here but I think Eakins should've gone with Hemsky in the shootout instead of RNH.

Not sure what Perron was thinking on his shot.

Agreed on both accounts. Perron has sick enough hands to deke and go backhand shelf.

Also, not sure it was Eakins who picked the shooters...

Conkanen*

Something's got to give regarding the 3 headed goalie monster.
After DD's phantom ankle injury cures up it's going to be interesting
to see how the Brass try and send down Bachman.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
If Bachman keeps that kind of play up that is exactly the kind of kick in the ass Dubnyk needs to get competitive again.

Dubnyk's ankle injury makes me wonder though. That must have been the real reason Labarbera started in Phoenix...

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Why does Eberle refuse to pass puck to Yakupov , very frustrating. Also Nhl .com puts Quick as 1st start Bachman as 2nd who are the idiots on that site who pick stars.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Get goaltending like that.......and you'll win your fair share of games.

Give up that many shots......and you'll lose your fair share of games.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Sucks Bachman didn't get the W for that effort, but the Oilers really had no business even getting a point out of this affair.

Anyone still think Gordon is just a fourth liner? Or that Horcoff to Gordon is somehow a downgrade? Guy is just a warrior out there, and an example of how many more players of his ilk the team needs. Hopefully his tenacity will rub off on some of the more passive Oiler kids.

Nice to see Yak starting to get on track too.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Not at all. La KIngs are just that good. We haven't played anything like a club this good all year.

A club that has the following trees on back end;

Doughty
Mitchell
Greene
Regehr

A forward unit thats going to make life incredibly tough.

Kings played a good game tonight and kept very physical for us. We have no answer for that but thought the guys played with a lot of effort.

Bachman was god in goal though.

I thought we started off a bit slow but stepped it up in the second. Admittedly I was scared to watch much of the third and the Oilers looked pretty gassed.

Bachman was great.

McSaviour

Mar 6, 2013
Edmonton
Bachman before the game

"I don't think I have to go out there and be a superhero. I just need to make some saves."

So modest

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
As I said in the last PGT. If it's not goaltending it's something else.
The problems with this team are immense and deeply ingrained. We never have a game without huge problems. For lots of the season its been goaltending and special teams.

PK is good tonight, get a PP goal and our goaltending is otherworldly. We still manage to look like a last place team. Absolutely owned, at no point were the Oilers actually in this game.

Took a great Kings game to OT on the 2nd night of a back to back? Don't give a ****. Someone get back to me when this team plays a game and doesn't have an aspect of their game look like garbage. I think we'll be waiting awhile.

The Oilers are incapable of playing a complete game, it's in their blood. Worst team in NHL history. Never have we seen so many years of such ineptitude. In a 30 team league no less. It's astonishing. I can't take positives out of a loss anymore. I've been trying to for years. I just can't do it anymore. Win or I'm pissed.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
RNH is brutal in shootouts. Hemsky or Yak should have been in there.

Not that it matters. Kings had a half dozen more guys ready to go. They are already 4-0 in shooutouts this year, 5-0 including OT.

The Phoenix game stings so much more. Like Winnipeg, like Toronto.

Quintessential bad team. We get goaltending, cant score...score, cant stop anything. Cant get everyone playing well for even one game. But a point is better than nothing. Guys played hard tonight but completely outclassed.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
See and you guys were all like "if only we had a goalie we'd win". This team has deep problems. They are totally out classed by good teams.

They're like a junior team the way they play so chaotic.

Lars Eller shouldn't you be posting on the Habs board?

Something's got to give regarding the 3 headed goalie monster.

Too soon.

After DD's phantom ankle injury cures up it's going to be interesting
to see how the Brass try and send down Bachman.

And keep Lagarbagea on the team? Because they are afraid he might get claimed off waivers if sent down? :sarcasm:

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
What a shamefully bad team. Sorry Bachman.

Buncha gutless losers. I bet that Ference is a buyout candidate within a couple of years. I have rarely seen such a positionally poor player and I have watched many bad defensemen put on the Oiler uniform. Little physicality as well and none of this standing up for teammates that he is supposedly well known for. He got his retirement contract so he should be happy.

i dunno. they're just not that good, they've had some bad luck with injuries and a very tough sched.

i didn't watch much of the game tonight, because I'm finding that watching movies i've already seen hold my attention longer and far less depressing, but there is a tinsey, winsey bit of reason to think they could have a much better final 2/3 of the season. tho, playoffs are out of the question.

also, has RNH ever hit the net on the shootout? i'm sure i've seen him miss at least 3 times.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Bachman, Belov, Gordon and Petry our best players tonight.

Think Lander pulled his weight, great PKing and solid d. He said before the season he'd worked on his strength, didn't see it during the pre-season but could see it tonight.

Yak did look more confident after his goal and actually made a couple of good defensive plays. Still rubbish on the forecheck and struggling to find good positions in the o-zone though.

Ebs needs to simplify. Great ps though.

Gazdic didn't play much but he does what he's supposed to out there. Eager skated hard but fought the puck.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Nice to see an actual goaltending performance from an oiler goalie. Bachman starts against TO.

Team didnt play to bad kept the Kings to the outside. We were totally outclassed because of how good the Kings are though and that's what makes up for the difference in shots.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Quick with 17 saves gets first star over Bachman, that seems about right...

So we got tending but forgot about scoring goals. But I'll take one point in LA. Hopefully Bachman can keep this up for a few games, likely won't last the whole season but just give me a stretch of games with good goaltending and I'd be happy.

Yeah, sorry about that guys.

Should have been:

Bachman

Richards

Frattin

IMO.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Why does Eberle refuse to pass puck to Yakupov , very frustrating.

Yep. Noted, multiple times. Especially frustrating as Yak was really going tonight and had a hand in the more challenging scoring chances.

Eberle was guilty of holding onto the puck too long trying to make perfect plays most of the night. Which resulted in only 2 shots, a lot of plays where he got closed down, and a lot of turning the puck over.

Time and space isn't much against a great team like LA . Yak understood this today, Eberle not so much. RNH had a tough time in this very physical game.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
If Bachman keeps that kind of play up...

If Bachman played at half that level he displayed tonight should still be the starter.

Perron and Yakupov have to switch lines immediately. It's simply a chemistry thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->