OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
I didn't sit in my seats, but I sat in row 15 of 208 or 207 and it was fine. You could see 95% of the scoreboard and bridges weren't an issue.

darrencp22

Mar 6, 2007
So i'm curious about concourses. How is the one closest to the Blue Seats? Also, how easy is it to get to the other concourses? What's the best place to get good food and craft beer?

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Row 5 is pretty good. Definitely better to be in the corner and be able to see than be closer to center with an obstructed view.

Well, I wish I was in Row 5 because then I could stand the whole game...

That being written, in 220 I am must closer to the boards. Out in 222, I was pushed further back for two reasons:
1. The higher row number.
2. The shape of the bowl and rink results in the 222 seats being further back when compared to 220.

I actually like these seats better. For some reason, look THROUGH the net is more appealing to me than looking into the net.

I probably would NOT want to be on the goal line...

Attached is the hatchet view from 222. This is NOT the aisle seat... That one is worse...

Cheers!
-Doug

Attachments

• Obstructed View in 222.jpg
    Obstructed View in 222.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 110

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Well, I wish I was in Row 5 because then I could stand the whole game...

That being written, in 220 I am must closer to the boards. Out in 222, I was pushed further back for two reasons:
1. The higher row number.
2. The shape of the bowl and rink results in the 222 seats being further back when compared to 220.

I actually like these seats better. For some reason, look THROUGH the net is more appealing to me than looking into the net.

I probably would NOT want to be on the goal line...

Attached is the hatchet view from 222. This is NOT the aisle seat... That one is worse...

Cheers!
-Doug

Yeah, that's terrible. I'm in 221, just behind the goal line and I like the view from there. Being in Row 2 doesn't hurt either.

MadHookUp

Jul 24, 2005
I skimmed the thread and didnt see anything. Has their been any info on the ice quality? MSG is known for its horrible ice, and I believe I read that changes were put into place to improve the quality. Was curious if it was truly better, or too early into the season to make that call.

alotlikehomer

May 11, 2012
Seemed like the puck was jumping around quite a bit tonight, although maybe that is just an excuse for the many whiffs the Rangers had.

CarlosDanger

Beast Mode
Aug 29, 2013
'Merica
I skimmed the thread and didnt see anything. Has their been any info on the ice quality? MSG is known for its horrible ice, and I believe I read that changes were put into place to improve the quality. Was curious if it was truly better, or too early into the season to make that call.

Looked better to me than last year.. puck seems to sit a little better on the ice… but were not ground level so its never gonna be great.

dubidubidu

Apr 27, 2012
SI,NY 10304
Last night was the first game up in my new seats in the bar stools at the top of 223. I actually really enjoyed them. We have our own basic concession stand and bar up there, a little ledge to put your drink and phone on, and nobody can get in your way. Even if people stand infront of you, as long as you stand on the little railing around the stool you have a completely unobstructed view of the ice. Yes the scoreboard is completely blocked, but the auxiliary boards makes up for it nicely. Only minor complaint was the time left on penalties was small and tucked into the players on ice section, so it was hard to find at first. Oh yeah, and the game was terrible.

OKnumber25

Mar 26, 2012
So i'm curious about concourses. How is the one closest to the Blue Seats? Also, how easy is it to get to the other concourses? What's the best place to get good food and craft beer?

I'm in 413. I go up to the West Balcony for beer. For food, try going down one level using the stairs in either tower and looking behind sections 216-219. You can get to the main concourses behind the 200s - sides of the rink - the same way, but they are very crowded.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Meant to post these last week, but here goes.

My seats are section 213, row 21

View from my seat when I am seated

View from back of 213

View from my seat when I am standing

Last edited:

Snow Soccer

Jan 5, 2012
Looks like you can order food and merchandise with the new Rangers app and pick it up. It's also pretty easy to access all your tickets within it for mobile entry.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The bridges arent a problem at all....that being said for a few bucks cheaper and an entire view of the crowd/arena and scoreboard I am glad I was able to move into the 400s a few years ago.. I still think blue seats row 1 and 2 are much much better than any of the upper 200s. Especially now that they put in all glass instead of railings like in the other parts of the arena.

Ralphie Boy

Jan 29, 2011
I was thinking of purchasing tickets in Section 222 Row 10 seats 8 & 9. Are there any issues with that location? Thanks.

darrencp22

Mar 6, 2007
Luckily I'm on the 31st street (media) side, so people aren't allowed to walk on that side. I really like the scoreboard displays on the bridge.

Can people walk at all on that bridge or are they simply prevented from going near the media?

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
We went to the Garden on an off-day. Told her we wanted to be on the 8th avenue end, facing the benches, and would take end-ice on the 8th avenue end.

Ended up in 220 (closer to 219, in the 5 row portion). Yeah, more in the corner, but a much better view of all the action moving up and down the ice. And I don't need to go through a stinking portal to get to my seats.

That's my section (5 row section in 220). Love those seats!

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
Given all the talk of seat locations in this thread, maybe we should start a season ticket thread and the OP can list where people from HF are sitting on a regular basis. Would make for some good in between period beer meet ups.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Does anybody know what sections have access to the delta 360 club. My friend got tix thru work tonight and were in 115 row 4 right off the ice, but it said club seats. I want to know if Ill have a chance to see the players walk thru that glass thing where Al does the interviews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad