OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Caught "The Garden Transformed: Year 3" tonight...

I saw all episodes from the first year, but did they ever do Year 2 shows?

Yes they did. Unfortunately they were not as interesting as the Year 1 shows. And what I mean by interesting is that they didn't discuss engineering and architecture / challenges in construction. The Year 2 shows went like this: we came, we demoed, we built, we painted, we're open. New features (the Garden Concourse) weren't really discussed the way the new Madison Concourse was the previous year. Since the locker rooms were done in year one, there really wasn't much to show in Year 2.

I hope the Year 3 shows are more fact filled then a timeline documentation.

Cheers!
-Doug

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
Does anyone sit in level 200 lower Corner 222, could anyone give me an opinion on row 4 of this section? It looks like its the front row, what is in front of it?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Does anyone sit in level 200 lower Corner 222, could anyone give me an opinion on row 4 of this section? It looks like its the front row, what is in front of it?

These are my seats in row 5 of 222:

330bixf.jpg

you should play around with the 3D viewer http://rangers.io-media.com

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
^^^

Big thanks for that, I'm sitting in 212 for the Rangers game, I think the bridge will block my view of the scoreboard but I'm not there to look at that!

The 222 question was for my Knicks tickets, very happy with the view, looks almost the perfect distance to take everything in.

Blue Seat Spartan

Permanent Vacation
Apr 24, 2012
Richmond County, NY
Caught "THe Garden Transformed: Year 3" tonight...

I saw all episodes from the first year, but did they ever do Year 2 shows?

I managed to catch the Year 3 segment of "The Garden Transformed" on New Year's day. Let's just say I was a bit disappointed that they glossed over the replacement of the ice floor & refrigeration system in favor of the lobby and celebrity commentary. What. A. Letdown.

MSG decided to brush the arena's reputation for ****** ice under the rug and slap a pretty ribbon showcasing the History of The World's Most Famous Arena! Wouldn't want to sully its legacy by mentioning The Worst Ice Surface in the NHL.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Anybody know where "Suite 200" is physically located? I know that the 1879 club is down the stairs from the back corner of the delta club

Walk With Lias

Sep 18, 2007
Anybody know where "Suite 200" is physically located? I know that the 1879 club is down the stairs from the back corner of the delta club

You know on the side of the ice behind the benches there's that one portal that goes down under the seats? Is that it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->