OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Thanks, so the only question is, does the bridge somehow partially obstruct?

Bridge won't affect you in any way. Balcony overhangs the entire 400's and the bridge goes straight across from where the balcony ends. Only sections the bridges affect up there is 421WC and 412WC.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Thanks, so the only question is, does the bridge somehow partially obstruct?

hey D, I think you're asking about my seats - so I can tell you there's no difference between the view this year vs last year. The bridges are on the same level as the west balcony which was already in place. So there's nothing added that would change that as far as section 420 goes. You are going to see the whole scoreboard

coatjones

Debauchery #1
Jul 25, 2011
Staten Island, NYC
So the NYR finally scored a goal at home (two actually!) as opposed to opening night. Was hoping to see the new scoreboard and ribbons go nuts. Very disappointed that only the top ring had a goal graphic, while the big board and ribbons didn't even budge. Sounds petty, but I like a nice obnoxious goal celebration!
photo.jpg

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
So the NYR finally scored a goal at home (two actually!) as opposed to opening night. Was hoping to see the new scoreboard and ribbons go nuts. Very disappointed that only the top ring had a goal graphic, while the big board and ribbons didn't even budge. Sounds petty, but I like a nice obnoxious goal celebration!
photo.jpg

I would like strobe lights pointed directly at the opposing bench, smoke to shoot out of the net just scored into, and lots and lots of green slime.

:sarcasm:

I have always been of the belief that goals should be more about celebrating and less about belittling the opposition just scored on.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I would like strobe lights pointed directly at the opposing bench, smoke to shoot out of the net just scored into, and lots and lots of green slime.

I have always been of the belief that goals should be more about celebrating and less about belittling the opposition just scored on.
I still maintain that the previous Devils goal song was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard.

Chanting "hey, you suck!" When you're down 4-1? So idiotic.

coatjones

Debauchery #1
Jul 25, 2011
Staten Island, NYC
I still maintain that the previous Devils goal song was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard.

Chanting "hey, you suck!" When you're down 4-1? So idiotic.

Yeah this isn't about our song or anything, just the lack of use with our new fancy board. I also don't like that we have the lights on for the national anthem, but that's a fight for a different day!

srsly989

Sep 15, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
photo.jpg

The Dolans strike again!

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
Now they are trying to offer me row 14 in Sect 215 instead of the obstructed row 8 season seats I had bought.

Any experiences on the view from the last row of 215?
The seats would be right next to row 14 in 214 (at the top of the stairs).

Thanks!

Edr1971

May 18, 2012
Now they are trying to offer me row 14 in Sect 215 instead of the obstructed row 8 season seats I had bought.

Thanks!

Have the rep meet you at the game and go the seats together. Then you can decide fairly and it seems like they have been doing right thing so far.

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY
Have the rep meet you at the game and go the seats together. Then you can decide fairly and it seems like they have been doing right thing so far.

Our rep has definitely tried to move mountains for us, she has done exceptionally well to make things right. I'm personally very happy (albeit still worried) how things have been handled.

She said something about a guardrail blocking the view of the ice and I'd rather see the view from the seats (or a picture) before taking these.

Blueshirt67

Sep 18, 2011

Thanks!

If they are bending over backwards for you, you need to try to take advantage of it. Tell your rep that it is a huge inconvenience, you have to contact all the people you have sold tickets to and send out some refunds because people have backed out.... then tell her that Delta Club passes or free meals in the Club for a few games might make it all better.

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
If they are bending over backwards for you, you need to try to take advantage of it. Tell your rep that it is a huge inconvenience, you have to contact all the people you have sold tickets to and send out some refunds because people have backed out.... then tell her that Delta Club passes or free meals in the Club for a few games might make it all better.

I told them exactly this, also two buyers for this week already canceled on me because they didn't know where the seats would be, which I totally understand. To be honest, row 14 is better than many people have in the upper bowl so I can't complain too much. But, had my renewal happened without issues, I might have been able to grab gallery row 2 which would have been great. Going today again to see what happens.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I told them exactly this, also two buyers for this week already canceled on me because they didn't know where the seats would be, which I totally understand. To be honest, row 14 is better than many people have in the upper bowl so I can't complain too much. But, had my renewal happened without issues, I might have been able to grab gallery row 2 which would have been great. Going today again to see what happens.
Not sure if it is the case in 215, but in 213, I believe the price-break is after row 14 or 15. Which means, if you ever try to sell on the exchange or stubuh, it might be tougher to move yours just a row or 2 behind you will likely be cheaper.

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure if it is the case in 215, but in 213, I believe the price-break is after row 14 or 15. Which means, if you ever try to sell on the exchange or stubuh, it might be tougher to move yours just a row or 2 behind you will likely be cheaper.

Row 14 is the last one in Sect 215 so at least there are no cheaper seats in the same section. The seats would be literally adjacent to Sect 214 though. Thanks for this consideration too

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Row 14 is the last one in Sect 215 so at least there are no cheaper seats in the same section. The seats would be literally adjacent to Sect 214 though. Thanks for this consideration too
Gotchya. What I would like about those is the ability to stand if the seats are uncomfortable. I am 6'2", gets a big uncomfortable in the new seats. Now that I know the last row can see the entire ice, I might try to move to the last row next season.

PassShootScore

208 Row 18
May 30, 2010
Long Island
Gotchya. What I would like about those is the ability to stand if the seats are uncomfortable. I am 6'2", gets a big uncomfortable in the new seats. Now that I know the last row can see the entire ice, I might try to move to the last row next season.

I'm against a wall in section 208 and absolutely love the ability to stand the entire game

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Yeah, for that very reason I'd actually prefer the last row over the couple of rows in front of you. Stand whenever you want and hang your coat on the wall. lol

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
I would not be happy moving to worse seats, if they wanted to bend over backwards for you then they would move you to better seats. One section over towards the back of the net and 6 rows higher isn't bending over backwards in my opinion. They sold you seats that were said to be unobstructed but were obstructed and now you have to move to worse seats then what u thought you had. I would tell them it is unacceptable and because its their fault you should get moved to a better seat not worse seat

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I would not be happy moving to worse seats, if they wanted to bend over backwards for you then they would move you to better seats. One section over towards the back of the net and 6 rows higher isn't bending over backwards in my opinion. They sold you seats that were said to be unobstructed but were obstructed and now you have to move to worse seats then what u thought you had. I would tell them it is unacceptable and because its their fault you should get moved to a better seat not worse seat

They could give him a refund and tell him they'll see what they can do for him next year. Just saying.

redfzn

Nov 12, 2007
NYC
bmcccuny.facebook.com

We get some smoke when we reach the Eastern Finals i believe.

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
They could give him a refund and tell him they'll see what they can do for him next year. Just saying.

Exactly, I did choose to go with seats 2-3 on row 14, they are not bad, and the only ones available for a full season anymore. I spent a week stressing about it and now happy with some resolution.
Come renewal time, the rep will try to do something for me again.
I did enjoy upgrades to delta club seats these past 3 games, which was great and makes up for the stress.
Now hoping all my buyers will stick with the new seats. Stubhub still doesnt care, I tried explaining to them several times they should cancel the sales, and now my old tickets are canceled. Hoping I wont be stuck with replacement ticket costs, thankfully i only sold 3 games there.
FYI seat 1 in row 14 of 215 has an awful view of a handrail. Will try to post pics of these seats later.

Edr1971

May 18, 2012
Exactly, I did choose to go with seats 2-3 on row 14, they are not bad, and the only ones available for a full season anymore. I spent a week stressing about it and now happy with some resolution.
Come renewal time, the rep will try to do something for me again.
I did enjoy upgrades to delta club seats these past 3 games, which was great and makes up for the stress.
Now hoping all my buyers will stick with the new seats. Stubhub still doesnt care, I tried explaining to them several times they should cancel the sales, and now my old tickets are canceled. Hoping I wont be stuck with replacement ticket costs, thankfully i only sold 3 games there.
FYI seat 1 in row 14 of 215 has an awful view of a handrail. Will try to post pics of these seats later.

You should pray that the rep stays around because she seems to be one of the rare ones who actually care in MSG. Usually not very responsive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad