OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
I sit below the bridge in section 212. Noticed that it is much colder and draftier (is that a word?) than past years or maybe I am just getting older. Anyone else notice a big difference?

RothmanHockey

Forgive the ignorance...what's the reasoning for that?

Trying to balance out the temperature at ice level. On the flip side, the building feels a little warmer on the really cold days, it's just kind of the opposite as the outdoor weather.

The difference in temperature is probably no more than 5 degrees, but there's usually a difference depending on the weather.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Slightly OT, but i'll ask:

Which song has been chosen by the team that is played after the Rangers' Victory Song following each home win this year?

They need to go back to "oh sometimes I get a good feeling".

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Sat for the first time on Sunday where there would be limited view of Gardenvision, and was pleasantly surprised by the seats. Sat in section 212 row 20. Even went to the last row where the barstools are and tthy were fine too. Think they did great with the screens on the bridge. Better than the old Gardenvision and the screens are closer than it to boot, better quality. Bridges do cut the building volume down, which is the biggest negative.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
I was at Saturday's Rangers game against Carolina, and I was at Tuesday's Knicks game against Charlotte. Interestingly enough, as you can see from these photos, GardenVision is raised higher (nearly touching the ceiling) during the Rangers game than it is for the Knicks game. Not sure if it's because of the size of the rink being bigger than the court that might lead to GardenVision cutting the view of the ice, but I find it interesting just noticed it after scrolling through my photos

I'm curious, what are Knick crowds like compared to Ranger crowds?
We hear that MSG is much quieter for Ranger games, what about Knick?

OKnumber25

Mar 26, 2012

I'm not sure if he moved to the bridge. That crow's nest area he always sat in is still there. You can see it from the bridge area near the lounges. It is now just above the lounges and I think access is from the narrow corridor behind the lounges.

RangersYanks22

Jun 15, 2012
I'm curious, what are Knick crowds like compared to Ranger crowds?
We hear that MSG is much quieter for Ranger games, what about Knick?

I actually don't notice the Rangers crowds being quiet. I do know that a Knicks crowd is very different than a Rangers crowd in that the Knicks fans around me seemed more pessimistic and tends to leave early when they're losing in the 4th quarter, whereas Rangers fans always stay til the end. Also, Rangers fans tend to chant "Let's Go Rangers!" throughout the game, but the "Let's Go Knicks!" chant didn't start until the 4th quarter

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I actually don't notice the Rangers crowds being quiet. I do know that a Knicks crowd is very different than a Rangers crowd in that the Knicks fans around me seemed more pessimistic and tends to leave early when they're losing in the 4th quarter, whereas Rangers fans always stay til the end. Also, Rangers fans tend to chant "Let's Go Rangers!" throughout the game, but the "Let's Go Knicks!" chant didn't start until the 4th quarter

That's because basketball games don't start until the 4th quarter. lol

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
That's because basketball games don't start until the 4th quarter. lol

What I never understood was why they don't even play real quarters. I mean seriously, wtf, who's the special needs official that invented four 12 minute periods? Too lazy to play the extra 3 minutes? And don't get me started on the infinite time outs

RUSF18

Nov 10, 2010
That's pretty cool.

Upon further Wikipedia research, it looks like it could be A Walk Among the Tombstones.

I'm pretty sure it was called Run All Night. Saw a director's chair with the logo when I was waiting to go in, and google says they're filming in NYC.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
They actually wanted people dressed in rangers stuff for extras....I found out about it. The movie is called Up All night and you had to be there at 330 for a 12 hour shift paying 100 bucks....as an extra for rangers game or whatever.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
What I never understood was why they don't even play real quarters. I mean seriously, wtf, who's the special needs official that invented four 12 minute periods? Too lazy to play the extra 3 minutes? And don't get me started on the infinite time outs

12 minutes is long enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->