Injury Report: M*A*S*H* 4077th Is Calling - Triage Has Been Overrun.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Yotes put up their belt video after the Sharks game and the entire hospital ward was waiting in the hallway, except Grabner. Schmaltz was there on crutches, but everybody else standing around getting fist bumps from OEL.

I thought Grabner was standing right next to the door .... if not that sucks...

He has basically stopped tweeting since Christmas.... he was every other day before.

I guess he did when Nash retired...

Maybe Doc advised not to look at his phone while eye is healing?

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Goligoski is currently 63rd in the league for point production among defenseman. He definitely still has value, but at this stage of his career, he doesn't fit with a club at this stage of rebuilding.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Goligoski is currently 63rd in the league for point production among defenseman. He definitely still has value, but at this stage of his career, he doesn't fit with a club at this stage of rebuilding.
Not really that important of a stat in the big picture, It's gets even less important when you look at his birth certificate and contract. Ron Hainsey is at same stats, what do you think his value is??

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Goligoski would be a great salary off-set in a late summer trade for Jamie Benn. Goligoski would likely waive for Dallas. Obviously we’d have to add a lot. Maybe if we draft a C and Chayka is fired, the new GM could do something around Hayton and Goligoski for Benn. Klingberg and Heiskanen both prefer the right side. The LD situation thins out a lot after Lindell. Dallas picked Dellandrea really high, who’s a similar player. It’s possible they also had Hayton in their top five. That’s not a bad return for a 29 year old they hate. Obviously we’d still need to add a little more.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Goligoski would be a great salary off-set in a late summer trade for Jamie Benn. Goligoski would likely waive for Dallas. Obviously we’d have to add a lot. Maybe if we draft a C and Chayka is fired, the new GM could do something around Hayton and Goligoski for Benn.
I think the acquisition cost of a guy like Benn would cripple this Franchise for years. We don't have a deep enough pool to consider decimating it. IMO we really need a number 1 center, not a winger no matter how high end.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think the acquisition cost of a guy like Benn would cripple this Franchise for years. We don't have a deep enough pool to consider decimating it. IMO
It’s a unique situation. They’re unhappy with him. If we win the lottery and draft Hughes or just suck the rest of the year and get Cozens, Krebs or Dach, does losing Hayton hurt that much? If Dallas had Hayton 4th or 5th overall last year, how much would we have to add to him and Goligoski? Proabably not a whole lot more than a 2020 2nd or something along those lines.

You can say we’d be outbid but contenders are going to be gun shy about that cap hit, given that Dallas already has buyer’s remorse. It’s a unique risk mitigation for us given that his salary drops so much due to paid bonuses at the very front of the deal.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
What’s the story in Benn. Read somewhere that there’s some off ice issues as well?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It’s a unique situation. They’re unhappy with him. If we win the lottery and draft Hughes or just suck the rest of the year and get Cozens, Krebs or Dach, does losing Hayton hurt that much? If Dallas had Hayton 4th or 5th overall last year, how much would we have to add to him and Goligoski? Proabably not a whole lot more than a 2020 2nd or something along those lines.

You can say we’d be outbid but contenders are going to be gun shy about that cap hit, given that Dallas already has buyer’s remorse. It’s a unique risk mitigation for us given that his salary drops so much due to paid bonuses at the very front of the deal.
So essentially we are offering Dallas a potential really good 2nd line center unlikely to play for two seasons, a boat anchor D, and a 2nd round pick for possible the best power forward in the game who scores at almost a point a game normally. I think they do a hard pass but heck who knows??? I do doubt that offer woukd not be beaten badly on open market?? And that NMC might be a slight issue .

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
What’s the story in Benn. Read somewhere that there’s some off ice issues as well?
I have never read anything like that. All my reading has Seguin as a party guy and Benn as a quiet home guy.

Reactions: Jakey53

mpir3

Apr 7, 2010
From Craig Morgans latest article on the Athletic...Grabner, Dvorak and Richardson were all on the ice skating towards the end off this week. Didn't give any time frames but I guess that's a positive?

Reactions: Name Nameless

rt

May 13, 2004
So essentially we are offering Dallas a potential really good 2nd line center unlikely to play for two seasons, a boat anchor D, and a 2nd round pick for possible the best power forward in the game who scores at almost a point a game normally. I think they do a hard pass but heck who knows??? I do doubt that offer woukd not be beaten badly on open market?? And that NMC might be a slight issue .
Nope. Offering them a top five pick that’s developed well over the last year. You may not have high hopes for Hayton, but they might think he’s one of the five best players in his age group. You think it’s a bad deal because you think Hayton was a bad pick.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We can't trade Hayton for Benn. We were able to trade Strome because we drafted Hayton. I might be inclined to trade our top pick for Benn and their 1st round pick, along with the lower round picks to make it even up (Provided Benn is secured with a long term contract). Benn is that good.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Nope. Offering them a top five pick that’s developed well over the last year. You may not have high hopes for Hayton, but they might think he’s one of the five best players in his age group. You think it’s a bad deal because you think Hayton was a bad pick.
I don't recalling saying he was a bad pick?? But most project him as a 2nd line center.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Off the ice shit show is the CEO talking smack about players, not those individual players having off ice issues. And FTR I hardly count anonymous internet board as factual.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
From Craig Morgans latest article on the Athletic...Grabner, Dvorak and Richardson were all on the ice skating towards the end off this week. Didn't give any time frames but I guess that's a positive?

Yes it is. For Dvo, need to see him shooting pucks or lifting weights. Regaing upper body strength will be key.

I'm assuming Grabs vision has returned to near normal. Could be dangerous to skate if he had difficulty seeing.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think that we need to auction the house for a true 1C. We can't seem to find one in the draft.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think that we need to auction the house for a true 1C. We can't seem to find one in the draft.
I think that would be a game changer with others being slotted where they have a much greater chance to succeed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think that would be a game changer with others being slotted where they have a much greater chance to succeed.
We can't afford to mortgage the house for one player, regardless of position.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No can do. We are not deep enough to absorb such trade. We a very thin as it is. I don't want to trade a 1st, Hayton and whom ever else, unless that someone is AM, and even then it could cripple us. I would rather sign Duchene and keep our assets.

Reactions: lanky

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We can't trade Hayton for Benn. We were able to trade Strome because we drafted Hayton. I might be inclined to trade our top pick for Benn and their 1st round pick, along with the lower round picks to make it even up (Provided Benn is secured with a long term contract). Benn is that good.
Have you looked at Benn's contract? For a winger? No thanks,

rt

May 13, 2004
This would come after the draft, when bonuses are paid. There are a bunch of good centers at the top of this draft as I mentioned.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Tough three games coming up but at least they get a break. It doesn’t mean much for the guys already injured, but there are bound to be nagging injuries all over the team that the guys are quietly suffering.

Go to the beach, rest. Just don’t ride those damn scooters around and break something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad