Injury Report: M*A*S*H* 4077th Is Calling - Triage Has Been Overrun.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
We can't afford to mortgage the house for one player, regardless of position.
I don't remember suggesting That??? But now with that I will add I would trade every winger we have for a top 10 Leaguewide Center. It's much easier to fill in around the center than it is to make up for the center with wingers.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
No can do. We are not deep enough to absorb such trade. We a very thin as it is. I don't want to trade a 1st, Hayton and whom ever else, unless that someone is AM, and even then it could cripple us. I would rather sign Duchene and keep our assets.

Do you think we have enough leadership and character to add someone like Duchene? To get him in a Yotes jersey we would have to overpay and then be stuck with his contract.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Do you think we have enough leadership and character to add someone like Duchene? To get him in a Yotes jersey we would have to overpay and then be stuck with his contract.
I just really can't see our sales pitch to a high end free agent??

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
No! Duchene would be a very bad fit, here. Benn is exactly what we need. Someone who’s a legit star and actually has a backbone.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Oh sorry. I thought you meant this second round of Stars execs shooting off at the mouth.
No problem, I was just answering the poster last page who seemed to be saying Benn has off ice issues. I don't believe that to be true.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It’s fantastic after his next bonus. I’m just repeating things here. Cash and Cap aren’t the same.
I'm more worried about the length of his contract. He's at his peak now and his production will most likely start to decline when we would need him most. I mean, it could be a good deal, but it could cripple us going forward.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm more worried about the length of his contract. He's at his peak now and his production will most likely start to decline when we would need him most. I mean, it could be a good deal, but it could cripple us going forward.
I’d like to see this team of one actual player. It’s been so long.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No! Duchene would be a very bad fit, here. Benn is exactly what we need. Someone who’s a legit star and actually has a backbone.
I think Duchene would be a good ft here, but so would Benn. I just hate these long term contracts, and if you look around the league all these GM's get in trouble with these contracts.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think Duchene would be a good ft here, but so would Benn. I just hate these long term contracts, and if you look around the league all these GM's get in trouble with these contracts.
How do you feel about the OEL contract?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
How do you feel about the OEL contract?
Factoring in age, position and supporting cast, I think it is fine. I would have preferred a little less, but he was drafted by us so that may have been factored in.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Factoring in age, position and supporting cast, I think it is fine. I would have preferred a little less, but he was drafted by us so that may have been factored in.
Compare age to Benn and get ready to be surprised at contract end ages. Then take a look at monies owed for each year of contract. Benn looks better than OEL going forward contract wise.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Compare age to Benn and get ready to be surprised at contract end ages. Then take a look at monies owed for each year of contract. Benn looks better than OEL going forward contract wise.
Benn 36, OEL 34. Usually D mature later, their decline is usually later and play longer. Monies owed is a wash, but OEL plays a much more difficult position. I just think Benn has more of a chance to decline at a faster rate than OEL, and like you said, it's much easier to build around a C than a winger. Benn is one hell of a player, and he may continue his play until he is 36, but I don't like his chances. IF Dallas would retain a smidge the last two years, then it would be a different story.

rt

May 13, 2004
Benn 36, OEL 34. Usually D mature later, their decline is usually later and play longer. Monies owed is a wash, but OEL plays a much more difficult position. I just think Benn has more of a chance to decline at a faster rate than OEL, and like you said, it's much easier to build around a C than a winger. Benn is one hell of a player, and he may continue his play until he is 36, but I don't like his chances. IF Dallas would retain a smidge the last two years, then it would be a different story.
It’s a back diving contract and he should be worth the actual cash to the very end. Benn’s CapHit is problematic. His salary is great. That’s what matters for us.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Check your math both will be 35 at end of contract. Ben's has the advantage of paying out more faster, so monies owed are nowhere near equal at comparable ages.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Was he one of the players in the Uber cab? No sure if he was or even if it was Senators players, but I thought that was funny.
Yes. Duchene and Chris Wideman. Great example as to how he's a pain in the ass. He shit talked Colorado after the trade as well. Hard pass on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad