Injury Report: M*A*S*H* 4077th Is Calling - Triage Has Been Overrun.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sakic openly referred to Duchesne as being a detriment to the team.
Thanks. did not hear that. I still like Duchesne. I think most like ROR who has caused a stir wherever he has played. I would take either on my team.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Sakic openly referred to Duchesne as being a detriment to the team.
I think that was after Duchene asked for a trade and Sakic had trouble getting the deal he wanted. It was after training camp when the request was months old. I don't think It's a true indication of the player.

Reactions: Name Nameless

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think that was after Duchene asked for a trade and Sakic had trouble getting the deal he wanted. It was after training camp when the request was months old. I don't think It's a true indication of the player.
Normally when trading a player your GM doesn’t publicly trash the asset he’s trying to convince teams to pay a premium for.

The comments made regarding Duchesne are not normal. It raises a red flag for me and I think he’s a hell of a player.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Per Craig Morgan.....

Dvorak is taking shots now at practice. Estimate is about a month away.

Richardson and Grabner both skating but could be a little longer. For Grabner it depends on when the vision completely clears up.

Chychrun has been dealing with tendinitis during his return but it’s considered part of the healing process.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Per Craig Morgan.....

Richardson and Grabner both skating but could be a little longer. For Grabner it depends on when the vision completely clears up.

Chychrun has been dealing with tendinitis during his return but it’s considered part of the healing process.

The vision thing is scary; probably even his eye doc can't predict long term effect.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Normally when trading a player your GM doesn’t publicly trash the asset he’s trying to convince teams to pay a premium for.

The comments made regarding Duchesne are not normal. It raises a red flag for me and I think he’s a hell of a player.
I don't think he was talking about the player but more about the situation. Roy made a mess and showed little interest in Duchene, Duchene asked for a trade. The tv guys got wind and made in a daily circus. That was the detriment, not Duchene per say. Colorado has made that mistake with a few guys now so it might reflect more on Sakic than Duchene.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I don't think he was talking about the player but more about the situation. Roy made a mess and showed little interest in Duchene, Duchene asked for a trade. The tv guys got wind and made in a daily circus. That was the detriment, not Duchene per say. Colorado has made that mistake with a few guys now so it might reflect more on Sakic than Duchene.

Not at all surprised a guy being loyal to his team gets bummered when he hears they just want to trade him somewhere else.

This does not proove the guy is a problem. It may just indicate he thought he was part of the team, and felt like he had been told he was not wanted.

Which is what he was.

And that uber-thing? Talking about you being bad is a step to sort out what can be done to improve. It was over-hyped.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Not at all surprised a guy being loyal to his team gets bummered when he hears they just want to trade him somewhere else.

This does not proove the guy is a problem. It may just indicate he thought he was part of the team, and felt like he had been told he was not wanted.

Which is what he was.

And that uber-thing? Talking about you being bad is a step to sort out what can be done to improve. It was over-hyped.
Yeah the Uber was a conversation that happens on every team in every league, unfortunately these guys were recorded and released by an idiot.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Yep, talent is superstar level but I suspect there is also something like a serious personality disorder there. Definitely stay away.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Per Craig Morgan.....

Insane. Chychrun looks amazing out there.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The Sens are going all out to re-sign Duchene to a long term big money contract. Must be a terrible person. And now we’re worried about Benn? Probably Seguin too right? He was a party boy.

When did Coyotes fans get the luxury of not just hoping for a star, but also a star with no warts?

Just give me some better players dammit.
Bad Boy image just might not fit in at The Country Club!!!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What article talks about Benn being an off ice problem or a **** show? I can't seem to find one.
During the stars vs Jets game they mentioned an article where a club executive bemoaned signing Benn to his massive deal, saying Benn winning the scoring title was the worst thing to happen to the franchise because it forced them to sign Benn rather than trade him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
During the stars vs Jets game they mentioned an article where a club executive bemoaned signing Benn to his massive deal, saying Benn winning the scoring title was the worst thing to happen to the franchise because it forced them to sign Benn rather than trade him.
He turns 30 in July, after his next bonus is paid. He’ll be 30 years old for all of next season and will be owed only 5m in actual salary. The following season, where he’ll be 31 all year, he’s 9m total between bonuses and salary. For the next season when he will be 32, he’s owed 8.5m total. The final three years of the deal when he’ll be 33, 34, and 35 it drops to 6.5m per season in those years.

It’s an absolute bargain of a contract, provided your team only cares about budget and not cap, and that you trade for him after July 1st of this year. He’s owed an average of 7.5m the first three years and an average of 6.5m the final three years.

If this situation with Benn in Dallas continues to deteriorate, we could be in a unique position to add a star player on a bargain deal.

Contenders probably won’t be mortgaging the farm to add a guy who carries a 9m CapHit. Teams early in their rebuilds likely won’t have much interest either. Then add the fact that he has a Full No Movement Clause, and it really narrows the field further.

So long as he’s okay with coming to Phoenix and so long as Dallas is having a tough time finding a fit outside the conference, we could be a candidate in the race.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
He turns 30 in July, after his next bonus is paid. He’ll be 30 years old for all of next season and will be owed only 5m in actual salary. The following season, where he’ll be 31 all year, he’s 9m total between bonuses and salary. For the next season when he will be 32, he’s owed 8.5m total. The final three years of the deal when he’ll be 33, 34, and 35 it drops to 6.5m per season in those years.

It’s an absolute bargain of a contract, provided your team only cares about budget and not cap, and that you trade for him after July 1st of this year. He’s owed an average of 7.5m the first three years and an average of 6.5m the final three years.

If this situation with Benn in Dallas continues to deteriorate, we could be in a unique position to add a star player on a bargain deal.

Contenders probably won’t be mortgaging the farm to add a guy who carries a 9m CapHit. Teams early in their rebuilds likely won’t have much interest either. Then add the fact that he has a Full No Movement Clause, and it really narrows the field further.

So long as he’s okay with coming to Phoenix and so long as Dallas is having a tough time finding a fit outside the conference, we could be a candidate in the race.

Only other issue I can think of is that he has a NMC and would have to be protected for the expansion draft. That'll just bump up the quality level of the player lost by one unless other trades are made.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Only other issue I can think of is that he has a NMC and would have to be protected for the expansion draft. That'll just bump up the quality level of the player lost by one unless other trades are made.
I could be wrong but I think a NMC is voided permanently if a player waives it in a trade.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I could be wrong but I think a NMC is voided permanently if a player waives it in a trade.

If the NMC hasn't started yet (like OELs), the receiving team can void it.
I believe though that if a player does waive it, the waving is generally conditional or for a limited time. So if the NMC is active when traded they still have the NMC.

Reactions: lanky

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If the NMC hasn't started yet (like OELs), the receiving team can void it.
I believe though that if a player does waive it, the waving is generally conditional or for a limited time. So if the NMC is active when traded they still have the NMC.
I don't believe you are correct. The team getting a player who waived may agree to re-instate the clause but they are just as free to not. There was someone a few years ago who the team would not continue the clause with??

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I don't believe you are correct. The team getting a player who waived may agree to re-instate the clause but they are just as free to not. There was someone a few years ago who the team would not continue the clause with??

• The clause can travel with the player even if he consents to being traded or is claimed on waivers
    • This requires that the acquiring team sign an addendum to the contract ensuring that the clause does in fact travel with the player (written by the player's agent)
    • If the acquiring team refuses to sign the addendum, and the player waives his clause anyway, at that point the clause may be nullified
  • If the player is traded before the clause takes effect, the acquiring team can opt to void the clause
From here.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
  • The clause can travel with the player even if he consents to being traded or is claimed on waivers
    • This requires that the acquiring team sign an addendum to the contract ensuring that the clause does in fact travel with the player (written by the player's agent)
    • If the acquiring team refuses to sign the addendum, and the player waives his clause anyway, at that point the clause may be nullified
  • If the player is traded before the clause takes effect, the acquiring team can opt to void the clause
From here.
So I was sorta correct?? I think it was Subban that had his voided.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'm not sold that Jamie Benn's body can live up to his contract.
I can't say that it will but he has missed 6 games in the last 6 seasons and 5 of them were in 16/17 season. He seems rather durable to me.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Per Craig Morgan.....

About a month away is great news about Dvorak. Gotta think his upper body strength will be missing til next season.

Legend.... where your post says "a little longer", does that mean Grabner and Richie could be out a little longer than the 1 month estimate for Dvorak?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->