LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Upon mutual termination he could do it tomorrow. He is signed through 19/20, but given what Minesota did to it's roster he might rather extend with CSKA than leave.
I dont think a year will help them much. Either request the trade now or put in your time until you get paid

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t know why some people are still doing all of this “he’s not coming over” stuff. He’s taking English classes in Russia, given Fenton only indications that he plans on coming, and Fenton’s moves seem to be arranging the team so that it’s ready when he gets here, leading me to believe Fenton knows something about kaprizovs impending status that we don’t.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
When is he done in the KHL and coming over? I assume he requests a trade from the WILD before he does.
Haha Wild are upgrading for his arrival and early years. How good do you think Nino and Granny will be at 30 lol

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Why would we trade a promising guy in his early 20's when we're re-configuring our team around guys in their early 20's?
Because the guy might not be interested in playing with the guys your GM is "rearranging" the roster around. Face it, the TDL was a desaster.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I don’t know why some people are still doing all of this “he’s not coming over” stuff. He’s taking English classes in Russia, given Fenton only indications that he plans on coming, and Fenton’s moves seem to be arranging the team so that it’s ready when he gets here, leading me to believe Fenton knows something about kaprizovs impending status that we don’t.
Fenton's moves just disrupted the team in one huge blast. What is there to "be ready" in a year and a half? Team was already stuck in mediocrity, now it's stuck in a full rebuild with no great future assets.

Reactions: Ippenator

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Why would we trade a promising guy in his early 20's when we're re-configuring our team around guys in their early 20's?

Re-configuring? All I see is an inept GM blowing up the team and getting gouged in every deal.

50-50 Kaprizov is getting dealt because

a) Not SHL based player like Fiala, Rask, Johanson
b) Not Fentonyl's pick from the Predators
c) Because someone says "throw in the Russian" and Fenton can't comprehend what he is doing.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Fenton's moves just disrupted the team in one huge blast. What is there to "be ready" in a year and a half? Team was already stuck in mediocrity, now it's stuck in a full rebuild with no great future assets.
Our young players like Donato, Ek, Kunin, greenway, Fiala will be a year and a half older and most likely better. Add in KK, and the 20ish million he’ll have to spend at free agency and there is some hope for this team. Nobody is doubting that Fenton has gotten horrible value for these trades, but the moves he’s made have accomplished what he’s trying to accomplish. I still can’t even Fathom how he didn’t he get a 3rd thrown in with all the trades he made.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Re-configuring? All I see is an inept GM blowing up the team and getting gouged in every deal.

50-50 Kaprizov is getting dealt because

a) Not SHL based player like Fiala, Rask, Johanson
b) Not Fentonyl's pick from the Predators
c) Because someone says "throw in the Russian" and Fenton can't comprehend what he is doing.

Meh. All of that is you projecting.

Reactions: Bazeek

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Because the guy might not be interested in playing with the guys your GM is "rearranging" the roster around. Face it, the TDL was a desaster.

We made one move and traded away a guy that might've left in free agency 2 months after Kaprizov arrived.

It'll be his choice whether he wants to come help build something or not. If he doesn't, he can stay where he is.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Asks the man in a thread that perfectly answers his question.

Well considering he just won the KHL goal scoring title that says more about you

Why all the aggression and snarkiness? I am a Habs fan who casually follows prospects. This guy was a top prospect a few years back but it's 2019 now and he hasn't played an NHL game. I'm not coming here to insult anyone, I just noticed this thread and I had been wondering why he hasn't come over yet. A couple of years ago he was one of the top prospects in the league by Hockey News and yet he's still not here. So what's going on?

No need to be a-holes

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
Haha Wild are upgrading for his arrival and early years. How good do you think Nino and Granny will be at 30 lol

A lot of people think those players have hit their ceiling... Wild fans were tired of those two's play in the playoffs... It was evident that that core wasn't going to get it done and as the oldest team in the league, they had to move the pieces that they could. They are likely stuck with Parise and are willing to ride things out with Koivu but everyone else was on the table.... Letting Tuch go to vegas and keeping Jason Zucker (who I like as a player) was the last straw with the fan base. I think they are ready for some roster turnover and no one can argue that they needed to get younger, yes its a bit of gamble trading for the unknown but it was a gamble that they were well overdue for and I think the Wild think they can get this player sooner rather than later which could put this retooling into hyper speed. Players like Kunin, Greenway, Donato and now Fiala were never going to get the top 9 minutes and PP time they need with Granlund and Nino still on for big money and term and the only way to develop that talent now is to open up spots for them. You can't have your young skilled forwards playing bottom 6 minutes and killing penalties..... that's not a developmental path that has been proven to be successful for any team... young players need opportunity and if the coach won't give it to them then management needs to open it up for them which is what Fenton did trading these two players.....

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Meh. All of that is you projecting.

That is all what Fenton has done so far. My guess he was the SHL scout for the Preds?

And we made 4 moves so far, if you include the Bust we drafted (from Allsvenskan) last summer.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Why all the aggression and snarkiness? I am a Habs fan who casually follows prospects. This guy was a top prospect a few years back but it's 2019 now and he hasn't played an NHL game.
Why should we care? Or why should he care?

I'm not coming here to insult anyone, I just noticed this thread and I had been wondering why he hasn't come over yet. A couple of years ago he was one of the top prospects in the league by Hockey News and yet he's still not here. So what's going on?

No need to be a-holes
Because he has a contract with CSKA Moscow? Or do you want to tell me the players are not obligated to honor their contracts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad